🎃 Return to Morlovia (Halloween) 2020 - Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links – Starts October 26

Had a nice cascade, and then this happens:

Only missing a yellow one for a full pumpkin thanos (Panos?).

5 Likes

Pumpkanos… Thanokin… I don’t know what to call it, but it is getting ridiculously easy to make the set.

See, they all appeared from one cascade.

1 Like

I’ve definitely noticed a lot more bombs than I can remember encountering during last Morlovia.

Panos completed in the first stage I played after reading these posts…

1 Like

I don’t think the starting boards even had pumpkins on them last year. Now you start off with three pumpkins, or sometimes zero. (Well, if the starting boards had them, they were so few no one noticed.) Have beta peeps commented?

Finished easy - So far at least im not sweating the bombs on , using overheal from gullenbursti, when i do advanced im going to overheal and throw a minion screen, will see how it works :slight_smile:

So I wasn’t playing E&P the last time Morlovia came around (I started in February of this year), but I did have this happen in Advanced Stage 4:

They’re coming pretty fast, but haven’t really seemed to be an issue.

3 Likes

lol you have Heimdall and Telluria, if the bombs were an issue then I’d be worried you was doing something wrong.
I have done Advanced 15, and so far with cRigard + Telluria, they are no issue, even when I have multiple go off. Luckily, even if I get 6 or 7, usually half of them I can match away.

Also luckily, I am only using Green and Purple heroes, I am getting a good amount of those bombs, so it’s not like RNG is messing me over by only giving my red or yellow bombs to not fill mana. So I pretty much always have Telluria on the go (minions take most of the bomb damage) or cRigard too.

1 Like

They’re not a problem with healer and health booster (Gullinbursti, Heimdall). They deal fraction of max HP damage so no risk of low-tier/level characters dying from few bombs. Health boosters ensure that more bombs can explode at once. And as I said above, Sif halves damage when her special is active. They’re just annoying, because when you have 6 of them spawn at once, you can’t defuse all and that’s irritating. But nowhere near oni gems, which will disable your hero for the rest of event.

I used the same team for the whole advanced level (c.Rigard - c. Magni - Lianna - Seshat - Proteus) and it wasn’t so hard. In fact, the bombs can be a bit annoying if explode 4 or 5 in a row, but the ability of c. Rigard is the best counterattack for it.

I have to say that when the heroes have low life, pumpkins hardly appear.

1 Like

question… I dont remember… is each difficulty level suppose to be oriented toward hero levels? Easy is 3*, normal is 4* and hard is 4/5*? Because I don’t remember being able to play 5* in easy. Unless I’m mixing up events. Either way, easy is too easy and I don’t see point of three difficulty levels unless they just make bosses harder… :thinking:

1 Like

Not everyone has played for years, so let ‘easy’ exist for those newer to the game and without a full bench of 5s.

Also more loot!

16 Likes

i remember that each year even the harde levels were sort of fun ! you did not have to play the game for age to be able to pass them !

I think you’re confusing challenge events and seasonal events. Challenge events have the rare, epic, legendary limitations. Seasonal is just a long path to completion with no limitations.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s what the developers intended, but when I tested the revamped events I was able to clear Easy with emblemed 3*s and leveled 2* troops only.

So I’m assuming it’s totally doable to do all of easy with a shallow bench of 4*s, which I think is what the devs intended – for every player to at least complete part of the event.

4 Likes

Obviously I was confused lol… yes makes sense newer players with less advanced decks would find easy a little challenging… alls good :sweat_smile:

Just finished all 3 levels of Morlovia w/o too much difficulty (my best team is at 4450). Piece of advice for anyone who sees this concerns really only level 20 on Advanced, which is Vanda resists fire so don’t bother with bomb attacks or dragon fire, and your red heroes which deal fire are ineffective so bring someone else. Victor & Francine are easy to take out quickly, but Vanda takes a little bit to wear down.

4 Likes

Vanda won’t let you burn her if her special is up. But should be able to bomb them at start or when effect is off

3 Likes

Which is weird because nothing in her skill list mentions resist fire, nor did I see any red shields up in front of her either, so wondering how she was resisting, unless they just didn’t remember to put red shields in front of her like they do for other seasonal events.

Yeah built up advanced in RtM more then it really needed to be beat it with just one do over in last stage due to pumpkin bombs

Beat advanced with this team

1 Like

Had a good combo on the last mob wave here (lvl13 advanced), but wait, what???

3 Likes