🎃 Return to Morlovia 2019: Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links – Halloween Event

October 28 through November 10: Return to Morlovia 2019 Halloween Seasonal Event!

If you do not see Return to Morlovia in Quests, force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Guides

@Pois1’s excellent guide to Return to Morlovia

@Mariamne’s excellent guide to Return to Morlovia

:tada: Rewards & Flag Requirements! :triangular_flag_on_post:

Stage Normal Flags Normal Rewards Advanced Flags Advanced Rewards
1 3 :triangular_flag_on_post: 6x Clean Cloth 10 :triangular_flag_on_post: 7x Metal Ores
2 3 :triangular_flag_on_post: 6x Common Herbs 10 :triangular_flag_on_post: 7x Potent Laves
3 4 :triangular_flag_on_post: 10x Clean Cloth 11 :triangular_flag_on_post: 7x Sunspire Feathers
4 4 :triangular_flag_on_post: 6x Crude Iron 11 :triangular_flag_on_post: 9x Metal Ores
5 4 :triangular_flag_on_post: 10x Common Herbs 11 :triangular_flag_on_post: 9x Potent Leaves
6 5 :triangular_flag_on_post: 7x Large Bone 12 :triangular_flag_on_post: 9x Sunspire Feathers
7 5 :triangular_flag_on_post: 8x Leather Strips 12 :triangular_flag_on_post: 5x Fine Steel
8 5 :triangular_flag_on_post: 10x Crude Iron 12 :triangular_flag_on_post: 7x Fine Steel
9 6 :triangular_flag_on_post: 9x Large Bone 13 :triangular_flag_on_post: 12x Grimoire Dust
10 6 :triangular_flag_on_post: Tall Boots, 2* Purple Trainer 13 :triangular_flag_on_post: Valeria Avatar, Trap Tools, 1x 3* Purple Trainer
11 6 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Minor Healing, 8x Leather Strip 13 :triangular_flag_on_post: 3x Potent Healing, 5x Hardwood Lumber
12 7 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Minor Mana, 13x Oil 14 :triangular_flag_on_post: 3x Mana, 5x Midnight Root
13 7 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Antidote, 13x String 14 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Bomb Attack, 8x Hardwood Lumber
14 7 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Arrow Attack, 5x Crypt Mushroom 14 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Super Antidote, 8x Midnight Root
15 8 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Axe Attack, 5x Crystal Shard 15 :triangular_flag_on_post: Epic Hero Token, Super Mana, 4x Dragon Bone
16 8 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Mana, 5x Firestone 15 :triangular_flag_on_post: Super Healing, 4x Meteor Fragments
17 8 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Axe Attack, 7x Crypt Mushroom 15 :triangular_flag_on_post: Revive Scroll, 6x Dragon Bone
18 9 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Potent Healing, 7x Crystal Shard 16 :triangular_flag_on_post: Time Stop, 6x Meteor Fragments
19 9 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2x Mana, 7x Firestone 16 :triangular_flag_on_post: Tornado, 6x Orichalcum Nugget
20 9 :triangular_flag_on_post: Vlad Avatar, Epic Troop Token, 3* Purple Trainer 16 :triangular_flag_on_post: Victor Avatar, Royal Tabard, 4* Purple Trainer

:jack_o_lantern: Special Game Play: Pumpkin Bombs

20181021_195923

:sweat_smile: Normal and Advanced Modes

This screenshot is from 2018, and will be replaced after Return to Morlovia 2019 launches

There are two modes for Seasonal Events, Normal and Advanced. You can play either or both, and must complete each stage in that mode to advance.

The modes are separated, a bit like tiers in Challenge Events. Unlike Normal/Hard modes in Atlantis, advancing in the Normal mode won’t give you access to the corresponding Stages in Advanced. You need to beat each stage in each mode to progress.

:no_entry_sign: No Hero Restrictions

Unlike Challenge Events, there are no restrictions on hero or troop rarity in the Normal and Advanced modes. There are also no restrictions on hero Classes, unlike Class Trials.

You’re free to use any heroes you’d like!

:shield: No Elemental Barrier/Color Reflection

Also unlike Challenge Events, Seasonal Events have no enemies or bosses with Elemental Barriers that reflect damage and status effects. So you can use any of your heroes as you see fit!

:repeat: No Replaying Completed Stages

Unlike Challenge Events, Seasonal Events don’t allow replaying a completed Stage — much like how Quests work.

Once you beat each Stage, it’s locked, and once you beat the entirety of the Seasonal Event, you can’t play any more.

If you fail at a Stage, you can retry as many times as you’d like, up until the Event ends.

:superhero: No Event Heroes as Rewards

Also unlike Challenge Events, Seasonal Events have no possibility of receiving event heroes as rewards.

There are avatars available in the loot for completing some Stages, which sometimes are confused by players as being the actual heroes when looking at the rewards list. Seasonal Heroes can only be acquired by Summoning, and the odds for them are extremely low.

Please see the linked threads below for each Seasonal Event hero for more information on them and the low Summoning odds.

:spiral_calendar: Offers Calendar

During Seasonal Events, there is a special calendar with a different offer each day, each available for 24 hours.

The offers are not visible until the start of each day, and show for all players at the same time (for Springvale and Sand Empire, they rotated at 00:00 GMT).

Once closed, the Offers Calendar can be accessed by tapping a special icon on the Stronghold screen.

Two of the calendar days also offer free items — typically these are crafting ingredients, and sometimes flasks or tokens.

Typically the offers on Seasonal Event Calendars are varied in price range, and often offer some of the best deals on purchasing particular individual ascension materials and gems. Not all items will be offered, and the quantity available for each item is typically restricted to just 1.

Return to Morlovia Offers Log

Day :calendar:
Date
:gem:
Gems
:arrow_double_up:
Ascension/Emblem
:dragon_face:
EHT*
:crossed_swords:
ETT*
:champagne:
Flasks
:school_satchel:
Other Items
:hash:
In Stock
:dollar:
Price (USD)
1 28 October 200 Compass - - - - 1 $1.99
2 29 October 1000 Rings - - - - 1 $9.99
3 30 October 200 Hidden Blade - - - - 1 $1.99
4 31 October 2800 Tome, Gloves, Cape 2 3 1x Titan 4x Orichalcum Nugget, 2x Meteor Fragments 1 $29.99
5 1 November 200 Cape - - - - 1 $1.99
6 2 November 4700 Tonic, Orb, 2x Compass 3 4 2x Titan 8x Meteor Fragments, 8x Dragon Bone, 8x Orichalcum Nugget 1 $49.99
7 3 November - - - - - 5x Hardwood Lumber, 1x Meteor Fragments, 1x Daily Summon Token 1 FREE
8 4 November 500 50x Barbarian, 50x Wizard - - - - 1 $9.99
9 5 November 200 Orb - - - - 1 $1.99
10 6 November 350 35x Paladin, 35x Cleric - - - - $6.99 1
11 7 November 2800 Tabard, Hidden Blade, Gloves 2 3 1x Titan 4x Dragon Bone, 2x Meteor Fragments 1 $29.99
12 8 November 1000 Telescope - - - - 1 $9.99
13 9 November 10000 Darts, Damascus Blade, 2x Shield, 2x Trap Tools 5 5 5x Titan 20x Meteor Fragments, 20x Dragon Bone, 20x Orichalcum Nugget 1 $99.99
14 10 November - - - - 1x WE, 1x Raid, 1x Titan - 1 FREE

* EHT = Epic Hero Token; ETT = Epic Troop Token

:star2: Epic Hero Tokens Can Be Used for Seasonal Summoning

The Seasonal Summons replaces the regular Epic Hero Summons.

Because of that, unlike Challenge Event Summons, the Summoning Portal for Seasonal Events allows using saved up Epic Hero Tokens that can otherwise normally only be used for Epic Hero Summons.

That makes Seasonal Events the only place you can currently use Epic Hero Tokens for a chance at non-Season 1 heroes.

Many people regard the Christmas heroes as superior to the Halloween heroes, and therefore prefer to save their Epic Hero Tokens for December. For more discussion of this, please see: What is the best Seasonal Summons?

You’ll also have the same chance at the HOTM as usual when using Epic Hero Tokens.

Because Return to Morlovia 2019 is expected to run from the end of October until the beginning of November, you should have an opportunity to Summon while either HOTM is available.

For information on the October and November HOTM, please see:

:palm_tree: Festive Stronghold

During each of the Seasonal Events, your Base is updated in the spirit of the season.

For Return to Morlovia, this includes spooky trees and jack-o’-lanterns scattered around your base, as well as a thick misty fog, and zombie villagers.

Like with the coconuts during Sand Empire and snowmen during Santa’s Challenge, the pumpkins will bounce when tapped.

lvihCDVdR52nJTQQlj9TGw_mini_ee63

:ballot_box: Poll

What’s your favorite part of Return to Morlovia?

• :dizzy: Different Content – I like having something new to play that’s not available all the time
  • :money_mouth_face: The Offer Calendar — I like more opportunities to purchase items and gems
  • :star2: The Ascension Materials – I like getting the Trap Tools and/or Royal Tabard
  • :no_mouth: The Avatars – I like getting Vlad, Valeria, and Victor avatars
  • :tada: The Loot – I like the items available for completing Stages other than the avatars and ascension materials
  • :thought_balloon: Something Else – share in the comments below!
  • :expressionless: Nothing – I don’t like anything about Return to Morlovia
0 voters

For more polls, see the other Return to Morlovia 2019 threads below!

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Teams, Results (once the event starts), and Ask Questions!

• Many players will switch up their heroes used for each Stage, based on the monster/boss colors — are there heroes you’re using consistently for Return to Morlovia?

• Are there any Stages you’re having a hard time with, and would like advice on beating?

• Are you using particular items to beat Return to Morlovia stages?

• How do you find playing with the Pumpkin Bombs?

• Do you have insights on strategy to share, or questions?

• Is there anything about Return to Morlovia that you’re wondering about?

:superhero: Return to Morlovia 2019 Hero Threads

:link: Other Recent Threads on Return to Morlovia

24 Likes

How hard is it to complete all stages? Is it like Farholme pass style where with a decent 4* team it’s possible, or is it more like Pirates/Avalon where it is quite challenging? I see the WE cost is hugely more…

Other than Christmas, the Seasonal Events are generally quite approachable, and can be readily beaten with 4* heroes. (Christmas can be too, it’s just notably more difficult than the other Seasonal Events.)

It also helps that you have 2 weeks, and no restrictions on Heroes, Troops, or Battle Items.

8 Likes

Good to know! I’m pretty new so Pirates was the first event I actually completed and with Avalon I could only (BARELY) finish epic. Never really given a seasonal event a go. Do you typically use flasks or is the 2 weeks plenty of time for such costly levels?

I notice it overlaps with AR too, which is my frenzied farming time :-/

3 Likes

I find 2 weeks is way more than enough, even with Atlantis Rises, a Rare Quest or two, and filling Monster Chests in the mix.

I haven’t found the need to use Flasks before.

5 Likes

Cool, thanks :). Do you have any favorite heroes to use in that event?

There are tons of great hero choices, really.

Proteus is generally one of the most effective heroes for Events, since he can freeze all of the Bosses. Hansel, Gretel, Merlin, Peters, Li Xiu, and Chao can all have roles in mana control too.

Wilbur is excellent for survival and his defense debuff.

Wu Kong can be highly effective for increasing tile damage, and one effective strategy is him plus multiple healers.

Boldtusk and Kiril are great for their buffs and healing.

Rigard is great as a default main healer, and for clearing DoT.

Melendor and Sabina are great for dispelling and healing, and Caedmon and Sonya are great for dispelling and hitting.

Hu Tao and Little John shine during Events, where their Slow speed isn’t so relevant, thanks to multiple waves to charge them for the Bosses, and Mana Potions when needed.

Scarlett is fantastic for her Fast attack debuff, which makes a huge difference against bosses and monsters alike.

Grimm is great for hitting like a truck, along with his defense debuff.

Boril and Cyprian can be effective for turning the strength of boss hits against them — although that’s a tad less effective for Return to Morlovia, as they don’t hit super hard, and rely more on their DoT.

43 Likes

For easy living, red hood, Delilah, proteus, Wilbur, healer for example :slightly_smiling_face:

Well, I have Wilbur…lol @vanZille

1 Like

Thanks for such a detailed answer! That’s awesome. And thanks for all your hard work here, it’s appreciated by me, and I’m sure many. Cheers to you, sir (or madam. I assume sir.)

18 Likes

I’m going to TRY and be patient for this challenge. Normally I just want to rush and get them over with, struggling on some levels.

Then when I’m done I’ll read all the excellent tips on here and see the teams others players used (without struggling so much), then I slap my head and say " why didn’t I wait to see what other players used?"

9 Likes

A decently large number of people in the game have at one point or another thought I was a woman. Meanwhile a lot of people have thought Coppersky and Rook are men. :man_shrugging:

I don’t mind at all when people get it wrong, but I’m a man. :slightly_smiling_face:

20 Likes

Everyone always assumes I’m a woman :grin:

16 Likes

Weird, I always thought you were a cat.

22 Likes

No, that’s rook… I have a cat but she lets me know that I’m not her equal :persevere:

12 Likes

That should be enough with maybe boldtusk to have no problems, i dont have all of them too, but think that those are the ones to autoplay :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I really struggled with Legendary in Pirates. I only have 1 5* and about 8 4* heroes. I have Proteus but obviously I couldn’t use him so I was planning on doing the last levels with Kiril, Scarlett, Kashrek, WuKong and Gormek. My 5* is Miki and I thought, why not and replaced him with Wu. He was the absolute bomb. I smashed the final bosses and kept his silence on with mana potions the entire fight. I will probably use him for these final Halloween levels in the hope of completing my first ever seasonal challenge event

6 Likes

Just didn’t want to assume one way or the other, just in case :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Greetings from my bosses! :fox_face:

16 Likes

I think the slight confusion is because of your avatar. There are many who see Zelda on your picture and they know that Zelda is a female name. So that’s why. :wink:
main-qimg-e3ed194af1c4b1fda81de622ff8d55a1

But on topic again.
I try the seasonal event with these guys this time. I like elemental defense debuffers and am lucky to have the guardian one. Vivica is the protector accompanied by Zimkitty.

Screenshot_20191015-092113

Last time it wasn’t that hard in comparison to the christmas event. And zephyr1 is completely right. You don’t need flasks and you can do every single one from the side quests in that time without waiting too long for new world energies.

I’m glad that there are tabbards cause I just have five of them. Hope they won’t change it. And I loved the pumpkin effects last year. My only disappointement were the looks of the new heroes. But that’s only a matter of taste and just my impression.

So, overall I am looking forward to that next event.:muscle: :ghost:

9 Likes