Retro Wars (Off Week) — only s1 heroes / no emblems / no costumes

With the Acquisition outlets, massive emblem cost, new features, seasons, etc. would be a nice break to toss a limited rule war into the mix to add in a bit of flex on resource capacity…

Can only use season one heroes.

No emblems, no costumes, just retro wars.

The only way it can be done without losing resources is that game itself will render heroes in AW battles as if no modifiers (emblems, costume) applied.

But it might be interesting and refreshing.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking too —

Null them on field for the duration (or whatever…)

Would be to F2P friendly / award skill & deep benches

Idk

That would so totally kick butt. I would enjoy that. Anybody would enjoy that. Then it’d be all about skill and how well you can read your board. Nice suggestion yo.

2 Likes

Will lead to a big venting/complaining thread how unfair this is.

All those (new) p2w players who spent a lot and have only HOTMs, seasonal, events, s2 and S3 heroes will get crushed.

Anyway, I like the idea.

2 Likes

Great idea I hope they do this! This is so different and include skill to win you got my vote for sure.

I do think it’s an interesting idea but that is assuming that everyone has all the season 1 heroes which could be a problem for some. It would also seem like this is being geared towards players who have played for a long time.

2 Likes

Well anything you don’t have — there’s ample opportunity to get at any portal and through TC20. Would give them purpose without massive recoding — would need a filter / toggle.

One of the problem with so many s1 sources is there’s no need for that many of the heroes.

There are 3 types of wars right now that can scale as an arms race. This is simply a baseline to keep everyone involved that’s interested. If desired — can still run those three war types on top…

Only change is what you can equip/use — which fits into how things are already structured.

Everything triggers complaints - most center around the personal or a min/max and it wouldn’t take long to put up a monster deck if you want too.

But there are a lot more folks that would enjoy something like this and look forward to it -having felt Left behind on current setup - than would complain about it.

If it’s successful can go crazy and do a only 4* version lol

Great idea,… example…
Epic War: so all epic 4* and below heroes allowed… Emblems and troops are ignored, thats cool :muscle:

Nice idea :slight_smile:

It can be added to the other ideas:

read, I wouldn’t merge — possibly link

It’s would be a different mechanism — simpler - over what I read there :slight_smile:

Dont think I like it. There would need to be different war score calculations for when the type of hero is reduced (eg top 30 heroes currently used would need to be top 30 S1) Also this helps those with bigger rosters more than those with smaller ones, I hold 90 heroes normally plus 15 space for feeders. Of those 90 only 38 (I think, counted quickly) are S1 and a lot of those are unlevelled dupes and 3 stars. In order to have enough choice I would need to start paying gems to expand my roster size and dont think this pay barrier should be put in the way. Currently 3 & 4 stars from S1 I dont want are food, 5 stars are either last on list or for when I eventually get HA set up.

Also I want to put my best against my opponents best…

True-

But You can do that in every other war, and it’s not the purpose slight_smile: This is one scenario with an all star game mentality :slight_smile:

I don’t think the 30 feeding mechanisms would impact that much — because it’s an artificial reduction; and works the same way it always have. I’d think any filter would be applied after you were matched to stay in parity / keep integrity

If I don’t have 30 heroes now - it impacts me.

If I have more, it’s calculates with the top X

There are scores of folks that have nothing but S1 heroes — happy to let them shine, bench my team and follow their lead.

Like tournaments for 3* — I’d end up keeping a set of S1 to support my alliance, but if the event is infrequent (like a rare Titan) and the loot isn’t killer — I wouldn’t compete against daily strategy (or I could opt out)

The flip side — is even if you hate it; you Could still (eventually) benefit from Having a lighter week

Conceptually - I’d be loathe to touch much of the war itself; instead installing say “a door/ gateway” that acts as a set of filters as you pass through - outside the primary mechanism.

Said another way - some heroes or items simply can’t pass through. Everything else is the same.

At that point - different configurations of those filters produce variants of scenarios (3 kinds of war) that already exist and have been already been regression tested every week.

So support is in line.

(it’s way easier to subtract)

Absolutely should run it intermittently, like once a quarter or less— with the focus on fun, morale, inclusion vs chests, points and strategy.

Think folks would look forward to something tongue in cheek, blow off some steam vs an endless cycle

Main thing : it would do wonders on the forum.

Bonus: if you create the “gateway” to integrate war and filters you could make any combo Of those filters to produce different scenarios.

Cookie Settings