Retraining 5* heroes absolutely useless!

@peki57 If the math is correct u have a ~73% chance of obtaining a non S1 5* in half a year (26 draws).

After one year the chances are ~93%, so then i would start arguing over bad luck.

But dont worry, I have the same problem, the only thing that keeps my hopes alive is screenshots of other players achievements , seeing that it is still possible haha

3 Likes

I also run by 6 months and not geting any non-S1 hero.
I don`t understand that game based on luck. One getting 100, and one none :slight_smile: that is a very bad system.
I have one friend, pull 6 or 7, 2 weeks and again one coming.

1 Like

So far Iā€™ve got a pill of uninspired vanilla heroes.
Who went back immediately like a boomerang :boomerang::flushed:

1 Like

Got Onatel in December, so hoping that lightning will be striking again soon. I wish it wasnā€™t so expensive, but it is relatively ā€œharmlessā€ to my plans.

I would not say it is absolutely useless. It definitely takes a lot of time, patience, and most importantly, LUCK. I pulled two Onatels from my HA10 over 3 weeks: Onatel - Obakan - Onatel.

As a ftp I was very shocked and happy with this result. Maxed both Onatels asap and now I do not fear all the purple tanks as much.

3 Likes

If 60 million food per year with a small chance of getting something you donā€™t already have then go for it! For me, itā€™s probably under 2% chance of getting a hero I donā€™t have. And of those, most arenā€™t better than what Iā€™ve got already (theyā€™re weak).

That means itā€™s way under 1% chance of getting a hero I want, that would improve my roster.

So, doesnā€™t seem like the best use of time & food when Iā€™ve got plenty of other decent 5* & troops waiting for the food.

1 Like

I got into HA10 as soon as I could, before I had half of the vanilla legendaries. So Iā€™m expecting to be happy with a good portion of what I get. Perseus was 1st and then my first Lianna.

1 Like

I just got my second Sargasso out of HA10. The odds are 5% and I have received two freaking Sargasso. What are the odds of that?

2 Likes

Sargasso twice specifically? Very small. The chances of your second non S1 pull being the same as your first? Roughly 1/35 (not sure just how many heroes there are in the pool now). Each week you also have a 1/700 chance of adding to your Sargasso armyā€¦

I havenā€™t got anything too from six months, but no can do. Itā€™s just bad luck :man_shrugging:

Well said James.
Not sure what their marketing scheme is.
Figure this would be a no brainer for the amount of time to wait for a decent hero.
Game is getting old and repetitive. Especially all the nonsense within game and chances of getting high end heroes being slim. Itā€™s even more frustrating when someone spews endless dollars at the game. It was a fun game at the start but has seriously gotten stall. And with minimal reward for the time put in, it becomes even more mundane of a game.

4 Likes

Hmmm. Sounds like fun.

Itā€™s a match-3.
It was due to be old and repetitive since before downloading it :woman_shrugging:t3:

Yeah. Thatā€™s what I meant.

Totally agree biggest waste of time

Thatā€™s what I did, is build and research. I will go back in and play levels to get people to train, I keep that going for days at a time. If you are going to go in and build would you mind doing me a favor as I have brought this to their attention before and got nowhere with it. When you go to build something it always gives you how long it is suppose to take, so if something is suppose to take a day to build which in my book has always been 24 hours and when you check it have way through which in my book is 12 hours I have never had one run on clock time. I have set timers to follow the building times and I have had variances from an hour to an extra day. I know they can slow down and speed up the game clock but they told me that everything follows regular clock time, so if you you wouldnā€™t mind doing some testing when your building that would be great. I thank you!

Iā€™m done building, and I donā€™t have anymore recipes that I want to research for the foreseeable future.

I never tracked the time closely. I only paid attention when the completion timer was within a couple hours of finishing.

Yeah. I agree. Retraining legendaries at Hero Academy is useless. However, we see these posts there:

And a ton more posts there.

The way I see it, HA10 is just like summoning at the portals but instead of using gems, tokens, coins and keys, you get a chance getting a new hero at the cost of a hero, recruits, food and time. While others stopped churning legendaries at HA10, a few others are happy getting heroes they previously never had.

So, yeah. It is indeed useless.

1 Like

Itā€™s useless for those who shortcut team building with :money_with_wings:

1 Like

Guess i can share my experience so far with HA10, which is quite indicative of his usefulness for a F2P that already has multiple copy of any S1 legendary in the game.

So far iā€™m at 30/0.
30 retrainings, 0 heroes different from a S1.

7 months of nothing, more or less.

We can argue i am in the low part of the curve, but even if i was somwhat in line or better (like 2/30) in the same period of time i received 5 new legendary heroes from free tokens/gems. (HotM, seasonal, Events).

Even as his average drop rates, roughly double (or more) heroes.
In this case, 5 times more.

Now, whoever say that HA have the best droprates for F2P is clearly fool themselfs, as you must take into account chance/time ratio.

For a small part of the playerbase HA has been a good investment. Nothing to say about that.
Same as a small part of the playerbase is lucky with pulls.

But for all the others, HA10 is nowhere near to be a good tool.

Even more because we are now talking mostly about outdate heroes which would still not compete anymore on top.

2 Likes