Retraining 5* heroes absolutely useless!

You are not alone. I’ve starting using HA10 since September 22 last year but only gave me non-S1 hero a few days ago:

If you read the entire thread, some posters there reported not getting non-S1 heroes for several months, while others have already gotten at least 2 of them. To most F2P, VC2P and even C2P who rarely summon much at the portals, this is a good feature getting good heroes not from the portals.

Timeless words of wisdom. If you think it is useless and does not worth your time, effort and resources, don’t do it. Simple as that.

But those who wish Small Giant to improve Hero Academy, please contribute here:

6 Likes

Agreed, its so lame design.
Never seen any official odds getting non S1 hero.
So far i got one S1 hero i wanted, from 23 retrains (still want two S1 heroes), without single non S1 hero ofc.
Still getting same heroes over and over again, expected anything usefull, got shiny junk farm in real.
Seems like training camp 20 to me, which i stopped to use after 185 pulls without single 5*.
This game aint giving anything for free.

I haven’t been keeping count of how many heroes I’ve recycled through Hero Academy. But I got Marjana, who I hadn’t gotten from TC20 ever, and she was actually useful since after all this time I still didn’t have a red sniper.

The only non-S1 hero I got from Hero Academy so far is Kunchen… which was kind of a bummer because I already have one Kunchen at 4-80, and I never use him because I find Costume Rigard to be so much more effective for me. So Kunchen #2 sits at 1-1, and probably will for a long, long, long time.

Good gaming!

3 Likes

3 of 4 traumatic :cow: :poop: have been maxed.

# Input Output Claim Date
1 Elkanen Obakan 6-Nov-20
2 Obakan Thorne 13-Nov-20
3 Thorne Ares 20-Nov-20
4 Domitia Thorne 27-Nov-20
5 Thorne Kadilen 4-Dec-20
6 Kadilen Lianna 11-Dec-20
7 Domitia Lianna 18-Dec-20
8 Isarnia Lianna 25-Dec-20
9 Quintus Thorne 1-Jan-21
10 Thorne Poseidon 8-Jan-21
11 Kadilen Vivica 15-Jan-21
12 Elkanen Obakan 22-Jan-21
13 Obakan Magni 29-Jan-21
14 Elkanen Domitia 5-Feb-21
15 Domitia Marjana 12-Feb-21
16 Elkanen Frida 19-Feb-21
17 Azlar Natalya 26-Feb-21
18 Lianna Obakan 5-Mar-21
19 Obakan Justice 12-Mar-21
20 Quintus Thorne 19-Mar-21
21 Thorne Horghal 26-Mar-21
22 Sartana Kadilen 2-Apr-21
23 Kadilen Horghal 9-Apr-21
24 Horghal Quintus 16-Apr-21
25 Quintus Richard 23-Apr-21
26 Richard Throne 30-Apr-21
27 Thorne Marjana 7-May-21
6 Likes

i’m curious how many pictures of useless changes in HA10 are on net and whether it will be less than 95% :wink:

1 Like

Four non-s1 in six months is about four times the average so you’ve done very well. I’ve had none.

I mean, would it really have hurt them to make it 10%? Of course not. They don’t understand the meaning of player goodwill. Instead here we are again moaning about how stingy and full of :cow: :poop: they are lol

4 Likes

And anyway, it’s not just level 10 that’s the problem. Whoever thought, then insisted upon, HA levels which train only vanilla 3* and 4* heroes needs to be suspended over a pile of :cow: :poop: for a very long time. Then the inability to create new 4* troops, the inability to deal with mass dupes…

When they eventually got around to fixing AL they did a good job and listened to the original criticism. I’m not optimistic HA will ever be revamped. If it is perhaps it will be promoted to :hippopotamus: :poop: instead

2 Likes

This is indeed :cow: :poop:

1 Like

In the beginning I was anxious to see the results,after the every week disappointment I now collect Domitias,I have eight, hahahaha

1 Like

I got Morgan La Fey on my 1st retrain. She is the only nonS1 I have gotten. 25 weeks later, all S1 heroes… but i also got my first Sartana, Joon, Elkanen, and Quintus. Waiting on Azlar to complete my S1 set. Sartana and Joon were most wanted.

3 Likes

Alchemy lab is actually great. Not that I have it yet, but the benefits are obvious.

Even if you don’t spend any gems on it, running only 1B, 4B and 6B (I think?), you will get a sufficient amount of basically free emblems or 3*/possibly 4* mats.

If you want to invest the gems you make in-game in the AL, the emblems/mats benefits increase since 10A is a very good option in that case for only 100 gems per week. Many people complain about having rosters full of 1/1 or 3/70 5*, yet they stubbornly pull more and more for gems, instead of utilizing those gems in the AL for the possibility of more 4* mats and emblems to ascend and emblem their existing 5*.

Hero academy is great, but most people think its best use is running the Legendary retrain. Which is not so. IMO the first and foremost thing HA should be used for is retraining 4* troops and maxing existing 4* troops.

I can see Legendary retraining being a thing only after you max a sufficient amount not only of 4*, but also of 3* and 2* troops.

6 Likes

F2P Snipers

It is also good for getting Classic 5* Snipers if F2P or

if want multiple copies of Marjana / Leonidas after getting the costume

Rage

Click for rant

But

From a player friendly point of view, the most rage is generated by

finally getting a limited availability hero

already having a duplicate of the limited availability hero

the duplicated hero is still at 5* 1.1 because it does not work well in your Roster, or there are other better heroes stuck at 5* 3.70 waiting for materials ( or in the future limit breaker items )

Not wanting to dispose of the two copies at 5* 1.1 because they may get buffed like Atomos

Looking at the duplicate repeatedly in the future

Notes

FIN

7 Likes

33 re-trainings and only one non-S1 hero, Mok-Arr and he’s a duplicate :man_facepalming:

1 Like

27 refrainings so far.
Me got Guin.
RedHood
Mikky.
Not bad.
If i remember correctly, three of them came within 15 retainings. After that Nada😂.
And me got my first Azlar as well.

I quit counting after the first ten with just more heroes to recycle. It has been a monumental waste for me considering the time for building/research and now the recycling.

2 Likes

21 Training so far,… got 2x non S1: Gregorion and Rumpelstiltskin, not bad.

In my case, I was paused for about 2 month after my 6th training in HA10, and I want to focus completing mana troop minimum 3-4x mana troop on each color. So I research HA9, then retrain some of troop until I get all of the leftover mana troop, specially yellow mana troop.
For leveling troops, I was stanby in HA6 continue and forever.

So now, my setup is HA6 and HA10, maybe until I get some of significant heroes like: Frida, Arthur, Athena, Tarlak, GM, Hel, Kage, Mitsuko, so it means for me forever :man_shrugging: :wink: :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Same here, it become Iron Bank.

2 Likes

Common guy’s, how do you think they will change the mechanism to provide more good heroes than :poop: hero’s?? Do you think they are stupid?? And another thing if they will change the mechanism to provide more good hero’s how they will get planty of money?? Those things never change. The game made to force you to push your credit card is it not vice versa

1 Like

As with anything ruled by that harsh mistress known as RNG some will be on the good side of luck and others on the poor side.

For everyone that’s done 50 and got nothing there’s someone who has had 3 from the first 10 and thinks HA is the best thing they ever did.

Personally I don’t need to run it so I have no data to add but the core concept is the equivalent of chucking a dog a half chewed bone. It’s better than nothing but not a lot…

2 Likes

The economy is about as bad as for TC20 spend 20-25M food and 10-12k recruits and get a Quintus.
So I gave up on TC20 and store stuff elsewhere.
First retraining I got Marjana which I did not have. So that was ok. Still don’t have Thorne, Magni (and Horghall and Obakan but who needs those). So I might keep it running until I have the two blue, but then the economy is questionable or worse.
Better wate resources on a few pulls and eat the dupes. Sigh.