Retiring from the 2600 grind

Same experience as someone who doesn’t spend much. The two I really wanted, and chased… for me that is probably only about 20 draws including tokens saved over several months… were Miki and Eve. No sign. But I have a reasonable collection of others from single draws, tokens etc.

The trick seems to be convincing yourself before you draw, that you don’t really care too much. Unfortunately, haven’t mastered that yet ! :confused:

3 Likes

Whenever I’m tempted to buy gems I come back to the forums to read the bad 10x pulls from other fellow players. F2p life is hard :confused:

4 Likes

Yes @SirGorash I agree, $47 for another roll of the dice (no guarantees as you said) doesn’t sound very fulfilling to me. I’d prefer to buy my wife and I a nice meal :rofl::joy:

5 Likes

F2P life, for sure. If I were going to spend money on a game, it would have to be to get something I really need guaranteed. I’ve started doing those Google surveys to stock up a bit of Google Play cash for free, but I still don’t even plan to burn that until and unless I’m able to get enough for a guaranteed 4-star mat (if such a deal exists). Preferably darts. So many five-star yellows!

4 Likes

I found this thread very therapeutic, thank you @FrenziedEye! I was excited for the new Avalon, splurged on the event, came up totally empty, and started to question if I wanted to play anymore with nothing but TC20 to look forward to. I know this moment happens to a lot of people but this thread really helped turn it around for me. I’ll go F2P until Christmas and use all my tokens then and take it from there. :grin:

1 Like

In case you missed it, this is an excellent post about being a free-to-play player and still being able to enjoy the game!

3 Likes

Another such thread here:

I’m coming up on my one-year anniversary as F2P this month, so I’ll be posting something similar soon.

4 Likes

Sometimes you just need to have a laugh

@algeco

Not brave enough to tank him just yet

2 Likes

LOL what is this @algeco

1 Like

You decide to change our color of tank, so I took the ultimate war red tank?!? :grin:
Don’t you agree chief leader ?

1 Like

A triple Lianna 3:2 stack sounds really fun.

Fast action snipers (available in any color via TC20) and a good board (available 70% of the time apparently) are really all you need to take down 4400 crazy teams.

I’m of the opinion that:

1. The game is balanced. I can take down posh HotMs with a crew at 3900 TP.
  2. FoMO is real. I pulled hard for Black Knight and really regret it. It doesn’t matter if you have the nifty flashy hero. See point 1.
  3. Once you have 30 maxed 4s + 5s all told, you should let rng take over, and play the hand you’re dealt. (yeah - it takes 8 months as C2P and over a year as F2P, to reach that 30-total-maxed-heroes spot, but still, it’s a fun spot to be in).
  4. Maybe most important is that rolling Azlar instead of Gravemaker (boohoo poor me) isn’t the point… You can still bang out raid chests, war vics, and titan kills. Kingston really isn’t much better than Lianna, nor is Seshat so much better than Sartana - the degrees of difference are slim, and shouldn’t be important.

That’s just my rationalization of being so invested in pixels/gacha. Work with the heroes I have, and enjoy clever raid teams. What else can I do?

I’m going to pull the trigger on Morgan soon, even with Kingston’s release nigh, because I am sick of being caught up in the ‘flavor of the month’ mind set.

6 Likes

MLF is fantastic, don’t think you would regret :slight_smile:

1 Like

@algeco the entire alliance is very very nervous about your Bauchan tank… Could you kindly change him? Thanks LOL

@JonahTheBard

2 Likes

That 10x Avalon pull “almost” looked like my ill-fated 10x troop pull while vacationing in Asia. But congratulations on the goblin, at least he was unique. For me, it is all about collecting unique heroes now. I’d be glad to have at least one for each special event.

Two Guardians ago was the last time I did a 10x pull (and got G. Jackal out of it as the only unique one), and I have more than enough to do one for Avalon this time and I did. While I didn’t get Bauchan this time despite having higher (although doesn’t seem like much higher) odds of getting him, in my 10x pull I did get Lancelot and Merlin, who I did not have.

It’s back to hoarding 2600 for me until the next 10x pull opportunity that presents itself, likely hit the gem mark first, then decide on the event, probably Fables.

At least no unique heroes means I can keep on trying for those Gloves. Which by the way, is inching closer to the compass count, not because they dropped more now, but because Compasses also dropped less for me too.

2 Likes

Thanks @Shohoku79 I’m with you, a unique rare is plenty to be celebrating about I guess (gee my standards have dropped)

3 Likes

Too many posts of posters stating they spent and got nothing. When I started this game, I made sure I am playing this for free, that also included not spending for vip pass too and lowered my expectations. So while still mostly striking out on summoning 5*, at least I am still getting 5* out of tc20.

Not going to have the best roster and not raiding for the top spot, so might as well just play without a chip on the shoulders.

5 Likes

A grotty goblin tank shud av spiky bits and lots of dakka

Dis Bauchan boi ain’t a proppa gobbo, cos he ain’t got a shoota

3 Likes

I pictured a South African voice over @JonahTheBard. Was that intended? :joy:

2 Likes

Erm no.

It’s meant to be Orc

1 Like

lol Straight out of Lethal Weapon 2.

“Diplimatic Immunity!”

And yes, I heard it straight off too.