Retiring from the 2600 grind

I finally got over 300 gems. Not paying one cent on this game. (Never ever should have spent gems on skipping time or continuing a fight!) So I dithered a bit over whether or not to try the Epic Hero Summon.

Yes, no, maybe, oh, WTH not? I’ll probably end up with a Bane. TAP whirly FX

I got a Bane. Dammit. Start of Team 3 with Hawkmoon. What I really need is a 3* or higher yellow healer to replace my fully ascended + 11 emblems Sha Ji. Currently focusing up leveling up my Jahangir who is fully ascended. I do sooo much hate meeting one of these guys in a raid. I assume same is true for anyone raiding me. :slight_smile: Poor red baldy gets no love, is nearly always targeted first and hard.

I do have three training camps. One at 12, one at 4 and the third just upgraded to 13 and has 1 day 7 hours to go on the roll of the virtual dice to see if I get a 4*

2 Likes

I’ve given up on pulls. I already have more heroes than I can possibly level up in the next year. I’ve got 2 TC’s building epic heroes if I can keep the recruits up, which I haven’t been lately because I’ve been majorly slacking off. The grind is just … soooo … ssssllloooooowwwwww, it’s hard to keep motivated to hit this thing twice a day. I’ve bought premium for the last few months, but I’m thinking of passing on that too for awhile. It’s getting to be too much like a chore.

1 Like

And, not to be too blunt, but don’t give me the “oh but I CAN’T quit because of my virtual responsibilities!”

Nobody is holding a gun to your head. If you’re not having fun, who are you trying to impress? At the end of the day, your enjoyment or at least satisfaction with the game is all that matters. If you’re part of a good alliance, they should either understand or accept you wanting to take a break. If not, maybe it’s time to rethink your priorities.

You don’t have to prove anything to anybody.

Edit: Relooking over this post, I think the tone is a bit uncalled for, so I’m sorry about that. If you’re not having fun, it might not be a bad idea to step back, but I think that’s what you’re already doing. Your health, happiness, and well-being matter more than any numbers in any mobile game. I hope you do and feel better.

4 Likes

First I’m hearing of this. Kinda left fieldish, you always seemed pretty enthusiastic about the game and the challenge of being a true f2p

Hope somethin clicks and your enthusiasm for the game returns

I’m not here to beat you up for your decision or talk smack, I see someone who cant even handle differing opinions other than him/her/it’s own has done that.

You know what’s best for you, wish ya the best for you and your alliance with whatever you choose

Anyways, before i get in disputes with condescending err we’ll say people in this thread, I gotta mute this thread. Just not worth the time/energy to even read what some people say…

Line me if u wanna talk further tho

9 Likes

I hear ya… no clue why I can’t get a decent pull anymore… been almost 6 months, no heros of the month etc… spent well over 1600 in gems… they gotta make these better odds.

2 Likes

How are y’all board when all of your heroes aren’t maxed? Lol

Screenshot_20190827-081822_1

Nearly there. Looks like I can still pull for the very fast healer.

Not sure why I do this to myself :joy:

All I need to do now is read @zephyr1’s posts to see if Pirates is on next month and if so whether it’s worth doing a ten pull then.

4 Likes

I’m not sure which event will be next month yet, but I’ll post about it when I am.

1 Like

As an aside, where do we see the list of top 10 tanks in the game? Because I also use Ares tank and I am curious, if he is not one of the top-notch tank, will he keep you between that trophy range? 'Coz he does in my case.

From Titan Mafia, this list isn’t definitive but it’s a list of the top 10 tanks from players who made it to the top 100 in the measuring period last week. It’s fairly accurate, other than Yunan and Boss Wolf being very rare, and probably would both be top 5 if they were more common. That puts Ares at 13th at best, which means even if you quibble about one or two on the list, our favourite Transformer is still out of the top 10.

That said, I think emblems kinda change this, which is why I’m running w Ares.

You still like the game, it’s obvious, isn’t it? :grin:
Fingers crossed that you get something nice out of these pulls (maybe a Dawa :smirk:)

I also started to grind for 2600 gems and go for a ten pull when the new guardians arrive. I’m looking primarily for yellow heroes and I hope to beat the odds and get the Gazelle (and not the owl :sweat_smile:) I will also be happy with the 4 stars, don’t have them yet. Really hope to be rewarded, cause life sucks when there’s not at least one new hero in a ten pull

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this info. Though some heroes in that list are subject for argumentation with regards to Ares being the better tank, but hey, it is a product of their research. Thanks again.

1 Like

That very much depends on the level you’re keen of playing. Of course, at top levels, top heroes are needed, but, curently I’m in a 10* titan hunting alliance and I always score A on titans and top 3 war scores with nothing but vanilla heroes.

As for tourneys, I’ve had top1% on 5*, not only once. The only thing limitng my tourney placement with a vanilla team is the 75 for coutinues.

Do you think Boss Wolf would be top 5? I dont, simply because hes easy to beat. Hes rare but consider this, his window of availability has been equal to, or greater, than Ursenas, Santa Clauses, and Guineveres.

I don’t understand it myself, but Boss Wolf has the highest win percentage of any tank according to SG’s data. People who use him at tank succeed with him at tank. And if he does manage to get his special off, it’s the most ‘game over’ special of anyone - at least equal to Ursena.

3 Likes

I think the most surprising entry on that list is by far Onatel.

• Relatively low availability
  • Other - generally agreed upon as better - holy tank options
  • Very strong competition for emblems in her class

Once Onatel gets rolling she can be both annoying and effective. I rarely have an issue w her at tank because I run mono and my purpled steam roll her - but 3/2 offended that can’t power her over w three tiles can have issues.

1 Like

I usually run 3 purple / 2 red against Onatel and she’s more often a trouble for me in flank.

Yes I can’t kill her with 3 tiles but she won’t charge mana when hit by only 3 tiles. She sometimes goes off but she deals little damage and her initial mana steal isn’t that big and at that time she’s usually burning because GM needs only 6 tiles with mana troops.

In flank she’s a problem because she gathers not enough tiles to die but enough to charge mana.

I definitely understand how she can get going and agree that can be problematic. But, like grzechol, I don’t feel that happens often enough to be a major concern. Usually she fires once and dies before the high mana siphon rounds or not at all.

26-2 against her this month with a 3tack of Seshat, Proteus, and Sabina.

I also use Seshat, Proteus and Sabina as my Onatel killers! And Guin killers too… unless heavily emblemed, they are usually enough to do the job.