Resume of how Titan loot works – Tiers, Scores, theories

I’m not going to bother to add pictures from the other side because apparently only items that dovetail with what you accept are…well accepted.

However, my alliance (and others) may choose to post their pictures here at a later time. I hope you add their data to your set as well.

I respect you quite a bit Rook, so I am going to be blunt here; post your pictures. Post all that you have and any that others have given you. If Mai is trying to collect data for an analysis then don’t hold back. By holding back you only hurt us, the folks who want to know the truth. :unamused:

2 Likes

Right there, you back to conspiracy and paranoia mode. Now I’m the evil enemy that is somehow changing the data so it fits what I want people to believe for some evil plan. Very mature.

You realize this post is NOT about odds of rare and epic items, right? Is about overal quantity of loot in each tiers. And it’s not a post of opinion. These are facts, REAL loots, REAL mechanics, not some agenda. Can you please stop with all this drama?

Can we please stop with the bickering? I respect all of the posters in this but y’all aren’t behaving as I’ve come to expect and admire.

This has a fairly simple solution, same as every other one posted about this game: get enough people recording data and sharing it. Statistics is involved and it’s going to require a huge sample size, but honestly if we spent as much time actually just tracking the data as we’ve spent recently biting at each other I think we could actually get somewhere reasonably quickly in comparison to the amount of time the posters here have been playing.

There’s over a dozen forum members that cared enough to post in this thread, if we all simply start recording the data and share it on a weekly basis (it doesn’t have to be complicated, loot tier, number of ascension items and yes in my opinion this does include the unfortunate leather armor, and of course which specific item) but we can solve this given enough time… and that doesn’t even include the screenshots that those of us in various alliances get from our alliance mates; sure that might skew the data as people tend to post more crap than actual wins in my experience but the 10 or so posts here, some positive and some negative, aren’t enough for any sort of statistical analysis.

So can we just agree to start collecting the quantity of data to try to analyze it? We have accounts all over the loot tier system, and we can be productive in trying to either demonstrate that there’s a problem or if it’s just RNG.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Rev, like said before a few dozen times, that would require a ■■■■ load of data. And it would have to be of the same exactly tier. It would take years to have anything that might resemble the real odds due the limitations and access to that data. It can’t be done.

Other games use addons that collect that data as you play of millions of players to get a decent idea of the probabilities of loots. That’s not possible here, just isn’t. You guys don’t seem to get the “thousands” part of it. Any conclusion taken from a small pool can NOT be trusted. That’s simple statistic.

And even if you don’t know the exactly odds, doubting what the devs said it’s the true is completely absurd. They made clear a dozen times, using their FAQ, answering mails and even posts that the loot for higher tier are better. That’s a fact then. If you can’t perceive that, either you have a ridiculous bad luck or you don’t understand what probability means. Not getting a single piece of loot for weeks and even months are not proof that it’s wrong, it’s actually a normal outcome from a system of probability that doesn’t have any kind of guarantee system.

So instead of letting your mind starting to get paranoiac, see things that doesn’t exist, start to doubt what is given us as a fact of the game and waste time trying to disprove it, you better focus your effort in discussing ways the devs could improve the system and make it less frustrating. And if you really want to know odds, start begging, that’s the only way you’ll ever know.

This discussion about lower score giving better loot has been discussed a lot in another thread. You should read my latest post that explains why it looks like that, but really isn’t

Main points:

1. There are more B than A score players, so they as a group will get more loot, but the individuals wont. But because of this it seems like B is better loot than A or A+, even though it isn’t.

2. Higher tiers have just higher probability, no guarantee to get better loot. There is a huge variance. Comparing 2 random incidents doesn’t mean anything.

5 Likes

Just got an epic troop token, have anyone ever seen that before?

And a stupid trap, of course, the one I don’t need. But see, A+ with a good roll.

1 Like

Congratulatons Mai! :slight_smile:

Also, we just downed a 9*, and loot tier XII also gave 3x ascension rolls

2 Likes

Ty, I’ll add right away. Any change on the other ones? Like more ingredients?

This is the complete list

A+ on 9* Onyx Dragon = 3x ascension
1xTrainer
5xGems
1xPotent Healing Potion
1xHealing Poruon
1xWarm cape
1xChainmail shirt
1xStrong rope
1xSunspire festher
1xMidnight root
1xCrypt mushroom
1xIron roll
1xHam roll

1 Like

One more tier 8

1 Like

And proven you can get 3 of the same item! Nice :wink:

Ok, updated, thanks again!

Read many of your post Mai, and manners aside your mathematical logic is undeniable about A+ and B ranking staff.
But as you already stated, we need a tremendous amount of data to confirm or denied this theory.
A sort of Schrödinger’s cat situations?

So the fact is simple. Believe or not believe what they told to us?
Your choice.

What we can observe for sure is that after some updates things are surely changing. Many says the rewards are not the same as before, and i kinda agree to that. Not only titan loot, but rare/elemental/titan chests too.
The question is: why? Why change?

Personally i think that they are trying to balance the gap between top players and new players.
Just to motivate and persuade them to not give up before even spend some money.
For me it’s not even a damage ranking thing anymore. The quantity of good drops depends merely on the force of your team.
So it’s natural for me thinking that good players that do major damage on titans get crappier loots compared to B or minus rank.
But this is just my guess.

Before you call it another creative conspiracy, i just wanna say that i’m good whatever the creator want to do.

Their game, their rules.
Not gonna complaint, no one force me to play.

1 Like

I’m usually “well behaved”, just losing my mind on this subject, specially when it start to feel I’m talking with a wall (I think that’s the expression).

I never said I can prove it, I’m saying that I don’t need proof, since that’s an information given to us by the game developers. And nothing that happen till now is outside of a normal outcome of that mechanic. So questioning if the developers are lying because you are not receiving what you want is silly. Not believing them is a exercise in futility, you might as well not play if you won’t believe the information in the game.

Does it mean they didn’t tweak a few percentages here and there? Absolutely not. They probably did. Changing odds doesn’t mean the main “rule” is no more, it means it has different odds now that follow the same logic.

There’s one change that’s made people receive a lot more items. They extinguished D, that used to give a tier low of the titans star, so a 8* would reward tier VII. Now that it’s gone, everyone gets C and the loot is better. We felt that in mine Alliance at least, those who were stuck at the bottom suddenly start to get better loot and improve. That can also cause the sensation that the higher scores are not getting items, since the gaps between the bottom and the top gone closer, and there’s a lot more bottom results.

And I get the logic of wanting more loot because you did more damage, but if that difference is too large, you end up favoring the top hitters to get stronger and the bottom ones to be stuck. That difference in loot has to be balanced and minimal.

I can’t proof odds and the quality, but I can prove quantity. If the odds change or not, loot still gets better. I cannot stress this enough, getting the chance of 3 rolls of ascensions materials instead of 2 is a huge deal. But inside one same alliance the odds between scores are very similar, too similar to be clear. Wanna prove odds? Test two very different ones, like 5 and 12.

1 Like

Uhm just re-thinking about it i found a little hole that we can take advantage to prove or not if what you or the others say is cool or not.
Your reasoning is based on the fact that there are a lot more “C”, and just only one “A+”. Well, it’s true.
So it’s easier to get good loot with C’s because the fact that they have worse loot is compensate by the number of people who can get this rank.
So this lead the necessity to have a lot of data to analyze… or maybe not?

Your argument works if the better loot goes at a different person every time.

But if you take a simple sample where you look only two gamers, the first get always A+ and the other always C you dont need all that data.
If your guess are right then A+ get more often good stuff, without a doubt.
You only need two people that are stable in their titan rank and a little period of time (1/2 months?)

Sure, that can be casuality to distort the outcome.
Than you can took 3 pairs and see.

1 Like

Hello, here’s an example of a good loot for 7 * on B

1 Like

Grats, I need that, I envy you! Ty again!