Restoring enthusiasm for long term players

There is another way. Send the devs a ticket asking them to delete your account from the server. This isn’t something they widely advertise, for obvious reasons, and it took some digging to find the option.
It takes two or three (I forget) confirmations via email, over a period of several days and at various stages of the process, as its a difficult thing them to do, apparently. Either way, once you give them final permission to wipe your account, you log in one day and…the stupid tutorial is staring you in the face again. Your base, heros, troops, AMs, all gone.

It was by far the most liberating feeling I’ve felt for quite some time, knowing also that I had no intention whatsoever to start again from scratch.

So, if the Viking funeral doesn’t appeal (your ready made base and items are still there waiting anyway) or uninstaling can’t keep you away, if you really want out at some stage, this method cuts the cord like no other

1 Like

Did you exchange,
a walk-on part in the war…
For a lead role in a cage?

Rather than quit:
Replace this game!

Exchange E&P for a guitar. Xylophone?
Bongo maybe… no no… a didgeridoo!
Reading books?
Or writing one…

Fill the void with something more tangible and see if sleep is not more welcoming after a day of meaningful and yielding activity

3 Likes

I can see their neighbours taking issue with that suggestion…

3 Likes

I know my situation is unique and wouldn’t work for the vast number of players but I wanted to share where I am at in the game now.

My husband, along with my two profiles, have embraced semi-retirement in our own closed alliance. We are content to string 4 star titans with the occassional 5 star rares. When PoV requires us to fight higher titan stars we’ll either move up using items, flasks and mercs (or merc ourselves) until we’re done with that requirement.

We are very active, high level players and we take our wars seriously. That means we are facing very strong opponents but we are enjoying sitting in the same room, chatting and coordinating each of our battles, without feeling the self-imposing pressure and stress that we used to experience by worrying we were letting our teammates down.

We fought our own Mystic Titan and accepted that we would have small alliance rewards but were happy to discover that we could still compete for higher individual rewards. All the other events and challenges haven’t changed for us.

Leaving our wonderful former teammates was obviously the hardest part but luckily they’ve let us stay on their group line chat so we can stay in touch. @Rook hooked me up with a couple of general line groups that are very helpful for tips and information.

I’m happy to say that after almost 4 years, my husband and I have found a way to make the game work for us and to help us maintain enthusiasm. My advice to everyone would be to evaluate where it’s not working for you anymore, see if you can find/create alternative alliances or if it’s really time to just call it quits.

12 Likes

I would especially take offense to a peeper checking out my Bongos and Didgeridoo!

2 Likes

Why a new season 4 if I still have neither Heroes nor season 2 and 3?

For what new clothes if the current ones cannot be acquired?

Why so much investment in new resources as the various levels of the Training Center and the Academy of Heroes, if they are not reachable when we need them? And when we reach it, are they obsolete?

Every thing in this game seems delayed, when you finally get the progress you don’t need that anymore.

Only do I have this perception? Everyone I see in my alliance and other forums always complains about it. Most say that they don’t stop playing just because of friendships and because of the time already invested, some like the game but not satisfied with the way it is being conducted.

I think SG should give more and sell less. Give the 3* at time we need them (not in the TC after you start a 4* team). Give the 4* at time we need them. Give the 5* Vanilla Heroes options when we need them, not in the HA after a Lot of copies of them. Give a feasible RNG for Event Heroes, the current summons and HA are too low.

Stop to “balance” the Heroes we get, start to “balance” the chances to get better Heroes at time we get higer levels… This Will give a enthusiasm for longe term players and for them are starting to play too.

2 Likes

Some of us finished S3 a few days after it released and are thankful for new map challenges.

I started this game the month S3 started and I didn’t even know it existed until later when I reached it by getting to S2. Just because you haven’t gotten to certain places and reached goals then he rest of us who have finished and are ready for more should wait?

Most of the people who complain they don’t get heros etc I’m guessing aren’t spending money on the game. I’m not suggesting someone blow a whole paycheck, but if shiny heros is what makes the game fun for you then you’re not going to be happy staying free to play this isn’t that sort of game and it never will be.

I spent a lot early on because it was worth it to me and made sense with the amount of time I was playing. It meant I got a lot of goof S3 heros, less so S2 since I sort of missed that era of the game. Now that I’m spending less having built a roster I’m happy with and am working to level up, I don’t expect I’ll get the same level of heros on S4 but I’m very excited to see it arrive and really all the new things the game puts out keep me interested. Even the new costumes that I seem to be fully alone on.

2 Likes

I thought I should throw in my 2 cents, but then I remembered that I’ve done that before in similar threads, so no. We’re talking to ourselves here, really. We can of course hope for changes, but history reveals a series of missed opportunities for ssg to give longevity to the game, create enthusiasm for long standing players and f2p’ers (HA, costumes, tc20, summons, duplicates and whatnot).

The situation for f2p’ers is continually worsening, because the gap caused by power creep keeps widening (yes, my base is S1, and no, they are not the equals of S3, ninjas, S4 etc).

Several good suggestions in here, but I expect absolutely nothing new and really meaningful from the developers that will target the issues raised. I hang around for the alliance, but there’s no prospect of evolving my gameplay (ie hero’s).

4 Likes

I made a poll for players to vote, what is the next step in game development, to keep everyone interested : :slight_smile:

The game developers need to make money, that much I fully understand. It can’t be free to play for everyone, at least not without dropping advertisements on us in between every battle (though I’d be okay with that if we got free credits to buy new heroes in exchange).

Problem for me is that I did spend some money early on. Not a lot by most E&P player’s standards, but it was quite a bit for me, and I didn’t actually get any great heroes in return. So if I want more heroes, I’m expected to spend even more? And without any guarantee of pulling so much as a duplicate season one 5*?

The odds and pricing structure in this game are set to such a point that someone at my income level will never be able to get even a fraction of the heroes that I want.

Meanwhile, the heroes that I do have are not able to keep up with most of the new ones.

The issue for me is threefold, really:

• Money I previously spent is gone and I didn’t get much for it;
  • I’m now expected to spend more, and worst of all,
  • Even if I do spend more, I’m still not likely to get anything good. Because whatever amount I could afford to spend will never be enough to give me good summon probabilities.

The price for a single 5* hero is roughly $100 USD, give or take. Individual results may vary of course, but assuming that your odds fall in line with the posted odds, that is the price for ONE legendary.

Some of you might say, “oh that’s fine, I have $100 to spend, and I just want that one hero anyway.”

But wait! That $100… not only does it not guarantee that you’ll get a 5*, but even if you do get one (or maybe two or three if you’re lucky), you DON’T have any say at all on which one you’ll get.

I personally cannot justify that level of spending for any game.

TL;DR - basically if they want me to spend again, they’re going to have to make the “product” more affordable. A LOT more affordable. (10% or 20% off would not cut it; it would have to be something like 80%+ cheaper to make it worth it to me)

2 Likes

3 years of gameplay, 3×Magni, 3×Joon, 2×Sartana, 2×Marjana… not to mention 5×Elena, 5×Quintus, 4×Horghall and the list might go on and on for multiple itterations of slow useless heroes… no Lianna… no Lianna… never Lianna… every day, for 700 days waiting for Lianna… as if she does not exist… it’s the only reason I run TC20×2 / 24×7…

2 Likes

I’m sorry Lianna eludes you @Ian487. Hopefully she will finally turn up for you sooner instead of later. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’m officially at one year #nospend as of this month. And celebrated the one year anniversary on the game that I chose to give a shot after the telluria debacle.

Literally no comparison to the QOL there and here and the fact that anyone still tries to defend this travesty saddens me if anything. The grass is greener elsewhere.

There is a difference between sunken cost and distorted reality. Anyone still defending the system used here seriously needs help, from the nerfing of heroes after money spent, to the 4 years later no way to garuntee even one five star, to every summon gate containing ever ■■■■ hero In the game…

It’s over, it was over when gravenaker showed up we just weren’t keen to it then. The creep only doubled in speed and now there is no point wasting time on what used to be a really fun game where u had a chance to compete everywhere through hard work.

The saddest thing is a few of my real life friends won’t go because of the money they spent and a year later for myself, realizing that not only did I introduce them to this game, but that they all have still been spending, really makes me wanna vomit. There is nothing that can restore the enthusiasm other than watching the community actually teach this guys a lesson, but they won’t do that. Unending pocketbooks now dominate the game and people like that are no fun to be around for any length of time.

1 Like

You really play E&P for the map challenges?! That’s kind of sad, if it’s true… I find no challenge on the map, I have battle items available, I win… plain and simple. I only play maps during Atlantis… and maybe Valhalla from now on, not sure yet… outside of those it’s auto farming for all the extra WE. Season 4 has 0 value for me, as did season 3… it’s all the same ol’sh…it, with a new hat. I play for raids and wars, not maps. By the way, SG doesn’t release S4 so fast to please you or any other player with new maps, they release it so you can spend some more money at the S4 portal.

1 Like

Thanks, @SamMe, but I don’t think that will happen soon. SG ain’t the kind that makes dreams come true…

1 Like

Well, sometimes complaining appears to help @Ian487! :sweat_smile: For real.

This is what I am talking about. It is not about S4 or S3 for free, It is about after 3years not get a Vanilla 5* on CT20 and summons .

I finished It too. The issue is the summons, the Seasons ok to play New maps, but they should give something after finish It. I did more than 70 pulls to get Just Ratatoskr as C2P. 70 pulls for one 5* hero is too much imo.

They stoped to give S2 coins after S3 release. Why? They should improve the S2 coins after It. What Will happen with S4? Stop to give S3 coins too???

I saw some vídeos where players did 100x and get nothing. I don’t like this. How much a C2P and P2P need to spend? $100, $200? The last vídeo I saw there are a player spent $580 on one portal for nothing.

I am not talking about F2P not get S3 heroes, I am talking about F2P not get S1 Heroes on CT20 After 3 years. I am talking about P2W not get a S3 heroes after a 100x pull. I think that $580 for one 5* hero is a joke imo, It is Crazy.

They should improve the % each summon, 0,1% increased Will not give shine Heroes to every body. Why are people afraid of this?

3 Likes

Sure, I like to complete a thing when I do it, that’s part of enjoyment to me. Completing the map is more fun to me than raids really. Now once it’s done I just autoplay and so that’s why I’m glad for the avatar missions to give me a focus for farming and the feeling of achieving a goal.

I’d never denigrate anyone’s reason for enjoying the game though. That’s one of the great things about the game is how many diverse types of things there are to do.

1 Like

We’re very different it seems… when it comes to E&P, at least… sorry, I just can’t find wave after wave of stupid mobs and unballanced bosses at the end entertaining… well, that’s life…

1 Like

I’m a bit ocd and I have aspbergers, so things like goals and tasks are very appealing. It’s not so much the playing of the levels but accomplishing beating a province and a season is a great feeling for me. It’s why I do the missions, I want to complete them and clear them out. Raiding for me is less interesting since there’s no point to it like overall beyond filling your chest. Tournaments are better, and events like ninja tower take the team creation aspect of raids but give you a framework and goal.

1 Like