Request to Buff Aegir [Developer Response in Post #100]

This was before people knew how to use his shared damage buff against him. Beta testers are good but not perfect.

Change his share damage to all Allies for 3 turns and defense buff for all allies for 3 turns, keep other stats, and he will be fine.

Well, maybe they need new beta testers if that’s the case. I nominate myself. As someone who has played in elite “gank groups”, organized pvp matches, been in top 5 world wide raid guilds, has been a leading theory crafter for my classes and written build guides with the math to support it… since 2001… I’m pretty qualified.

As I mentioned above, leaving Wilbur’s special and maintaining the elemental link and healing, would already make him an excellent hero.

20 characters all saying no

His major issue comes from not keeping his flanks alive and being all defensive with zero offence.
Thats why you put a tank in front, to try to keep as much as possible the team alive especially the flanks.
You dont even have to stack greens to win against him, you just stack against one of those flanks and keep throwing tiles at him to charge your specials and his and you’re good. All my fights against Aegir end with him standing and all the others gone.
To me, they have to do more than just extend the share damage link to all five, it’s not enough, i prefer removing the green protection and give him an offensive ability like perfect riposte. The way it was designed really lacks a counterattack. Because even with his share damage with all five, the attacker it’s still rewarded for trowing tiles at him because there’s no repercussions.
Look at Boril for example, despite what others say it’s a ‘‘honest’’ tank, if you aint careful or dont have a dispeller you know that you cant throw tiles or specials at him because you get burnt. A cascade on Boril with his perfect risposte activated means huge amount of damage received.

Hope they’ll give Aegir a buff, because i kinda feel like cheating when wining against him :rofl:

My suggestion for Aegir changes:

• The caster promises all allies he is an A level tank.
  • Caster and nearby allies die instantly.
  • All enemy heroes lose one turn laughing at caster’s manboobs.

This way helps everyone save time.

Boril reposte become less effective with Wilburs special, once Wilbur cast his fish stew, Boril dies easy afterwards with a few others…

I suppose we should just ask for a little of Wilburs spirit link with defence buff for all or nearby allies instead of only against nature . All other stat remain status quo.

What made Aegir useful in offense is the healing of the caster and the flanks 98% of the damage dealt, if you go for reposte, then you will trade off the healing, otherwise he will be op.

But you see, you’re talking about Wilbur, one of the best 4* out there, and not everybody has it.
Still, Boril force you to play in a certain way, same if you’re using dispellers like Sonya or Caed, maybe one of Boril flanks is ready to go off and you know that this will be the end of the fight, you have to sacrifice the dispeller if you want a direct hit on that flank [which is obviously covered by perfect riposte].

You see, this is his problem, Aegir is basically better when you put him in your attack team than when he is in defense as a tank [which is essentially why he was created for - at least that’s what we thought when we’ve seen his stats - he’s a tank].

Have you got an unlikely hero?
You wish to want him way better?
Post here and ask for a free buff :wink:

Many people wish to tweak weaker heroes, bizarrely often the ones they got :rofl:

Be careful what you wish for :wink:

Dear Mr. Olmor,

This is quite serious acquisition of a large group of over 100 other players, who have been involved in 7 other discussion threads in general discussion section and which was agreed by most of the best 10 players of the game (see thread Anchor and Aegir).
The designers of the game made a wonderful game, but they are also humans. Humans who can make a mistake and Aegir is one of them. The several threads with several thousands of contributions from other players brought many justifications gor such request. And it is showing quite serious disrespect to the others accusing them of their personal interest. Did you even read these thousands of posts? So, please think again about your words Mr. Olmor.

Thanks.
nes

Just kidding - don’t take it too serious.

Agreed totally, we all believed him to be a tank, but frankly and annoyingly he is a very poor one,

Even in offense a times the healing effect couldn’t keep his flank alive, the 3 turns appeared too short, I used him in the 3rd stage test of serenity and the weaker flank kept dying so fast, moved him from tank position same.

In Olmor’s economy, when you pay for something that is broken, and want it fixed, then it’s begging for free stuff. Makes perfect sense.

Thanks for this outstanding contribution, glad you took the time to post your thoughts here. You have added so much to this discussion through your thoughtful insight and well-informed analysis. :roll_eyes:

Here are Aegir’s problems:

1. He is a free tile sync. Can endlessly set off his special while he is on defense and it doesn’t matter.
  2. He gets his flanks killed (in part because of point #1 above)
  3. His special does no healing on defense (or offense). This is basically why point #1 is true. Only maybe against red Titan does his heal do anything. On raid offense his special is too short and if you have enough blue tiles to benefit from the heal you would easily win with any other blue.

And so to fix it is not simply adding more turns to his special, or extending the buff to the whole team or even really a +defense . Something needs to be done to eliminate #1. Either do something meaningful with the heal (whole team damage/heal, damage taken by Aegir and protected allies for 3 turns converted to a heal over time for 3 turns, flat HoT added to existing effect, heal on special damage) or add some bite the the special (riposte, steal life dot that rotates on enemy, etc).

Exactly.

A cascade on Aegir on the other hand has me rubbing my hands in glee as it charges all my specials and lets me take both corners out.

Firing tiles into Aegir is pretty much a guaranteed win against any team using him as tank because it fires your specials and there is zero repercussion from his special.

Any news you can share with us @mhalttu from this past month of looking into an Aegir buff? Thanks in advance!

Well, I tried him for red titans, and still his heal depends greatly on the board.

I placed him between Triton and Boldtusk, and more than once after I fire his special I found dificult to throw the right tile color at titan´s weak point to get a relevant heal (or ANY heal at all).

In order to have decent results with him, you need to put him between two outstanding heroes, which do not need him at all.

The only time I actually found him useful on a titan was against the rare tiger that has riposte. Aegir’s special basically negated that effect. This is still ridiculously limited. I take any of the 4* blues before him, including Boril.

I asked our game designers. There will not be any hero balancing changes for v19, but they will be doing bigger changes in v20. Aegir is almost certainly one of the heroes who will be affected by that balancing round.

Rebalance Old Heroes
Rumours? Or truth? Who is getting nerfed in v20? Why not now?
Help with 5* Heroes. Help me make a dream team