Request to Buff Aegir [Developer Response in Post #100]

They say very clearly - all other buffs extend to all.

So it does, missed that part. That’s an improvement alright, now we will have to see how that works out in practice. Thanks for pointing that out.

Now he is a great hero, perhaps the third best tank in the game. It is what it should always have been and, for me, superior to the first nerfeado in beta, with 63% only to three.

1 Like

It’s rare that an average mana hero fires before the tank dies. Or at least it should be if you have a decent raiding roster. And if Aegir is a flank, bring a dispeller and just hold the special if you can. I’m giving my Sorc emblems to Sabina 1 and Sabina 2 just to deal with Guin, Delilah, Onatel, and other Yellow tanks

I was planning on leveling up Aegir when I got him. I wasn’t trying to get him, but was surprised when I did so I started giving him the 1* once Magni was close to being leveled and he was getting the 2*. Once I had Aegir leveled a little, very little, I abandoned him because of the negative press.

I may level him in the future although working on Ariel currently and she will get the scopes when I get 1 more. I have Domitia also from tc20 and haven’t touched her since I was hoping for better. I think it’s time to level her up since I don’t have any 5* heroes that can dispell and although she dispells only 3 heroes, it’s good enough to get the job done. So Domitia will be part of my Aegir counter strategy… I desperately need to level green attack heroes like my Buddy and Caedmons.

Agreed, a huge improvement.

Look, what we all wanted was something as good as Guin, and we didn’t even get close to that with the first release. What we have now is better by far. It’s just not necessarily better at center tank def, I’m not sure if he’s even in the top 5. You have to remember how many dispells and ramming pulverizers there are across the 4*s.

You’ve got to realize he’s ridiculously good at offense now that his heal is across all. Trigger any medium cascade and your whole team gains about half its health. I’m extremely pleased, gave him the scopes already.

1 Like

This is a good change which I’m happy to see. I’m still incredibly disappointed that they even have skills with 3 turn durations, but overall, after all the debate, I think Aegir’s fix is fair and reasonable.

I was never wanting him to be a super tank, or Guin replacement or anything like that, I just wanted him not completely crippled.

This should be able to provide cover to the whole team, under a defense buff, while giving them a chance to receive some healing, while also making them resistant to being sniped. It’s a good combination with good synergy that serves a specific role that should add some complexity and call for more careful and thoughtful play for battles that he’s in.

Thanks to the Devs for hearing us out!

5 Likes

Amazing in offense. Meh in defense. Too bad we’ll have to stick with the same old tanks for another who knows how much. Was really hoping that they’ll finally do something right. But at least they fixed one of his major weaknesses .

Now we can only hope that they’ll change special of next red hotm so at least we do not get yet another red tank.

Well after trying some raids against him, and reaching global no.1 (was a good day :slight_smile:) I can say he is much more dangerous than before.

He is a pain when he fires off and with good flanks will make a good defensive hero who will get better with emblems.

So very nice tuning by SGG, they did not make him OP and made him into a formidable tank non the less

2 Likes

I also add a big thanks to the devs! Without any test I can see he’ll be wonderful in attack and will keep his team alive quite well.

I’m looking forward to test attacking a team with Aegir in a tank position, but first I need to sort out IOS update as version 20 needs IOS 9 or higher, which I for compatibility issue cannot have. If SGG gives me this weekend before they force the v20 update, it will be highly appreciated :slight_smile: .

Avec les améliorations apportées sur la version 20,il est quasi impossible de battre une équipe avec Aegir au centre ! Là, je trouve que c’est trop ! Surtout quand on a pas pas eu la chance d’avoir un tel héros…

I try myself with a translation, which is a little odd, as neither English nor French is my native language:

Given the changes made in version 20, it’s almost impossible to beat a team with an Aegir tank! I think that’s too much! Especially if you haven’t been lucky enough to have the hero…

I would like to disagree on this, not only do I have him, but I also fought several raids against the new Aegir and lost none of them, despite attacking 4100+ Teams with a 3900 offense. Sure, you have to use dispellers, but that was even before the case and I never go into a fight without panther and Eve.

I think he is a little better now than before, but I haven’t noticed a significant difference on defense. On offense in normal quests and missiosn I see him working better, but on defense? Not much changed.

So I fought against that team because I have a QoH +Aegir defense as well and wanted to see how good it works. Screenshot is a bit unfortunate, I have a BT-Kage-Wilbur-Sabina-QoH attack team and fight against Lianna-QoH-Aegir-Grave-Bruce

It was pretty easy to win actually. I suppose Kage, Wilbur and Sabina are counters, but I didn’t go out of my way to stack green or blue.
Not sure what my point is. I’m really happy about the Aegir buff. I suppose he’s not a top tank, but he did draw out the battle and he’s better on offense anyway.

I used him against a blue titan, but either he’s not as strong as I hopes or I just got unlucky boards. I had needed a 2nd healer to keep my team alive and my damage dropped a lot (15-22k instead of my 30k average)

1 Like

Thanks @mhalttu and the rest of the SGG staff for hearing us out !
You listened to the voice of the community and I wanted to express my gratitude for that.
I really love my new Aegir, he‘s well designed and really fun to play with now.
So THANK YOU !
ps : don‘t you ever nerf him again…:wink:

3 Likes

[quote=“KX47, post:280, topic:68579, full:true”] Sure, you have to use dispellers, but that was even before the case and I never go into a fight without panther and Eve.
[/quote]

I love strong posts like these. Clearly it is a FACT we all have panthers and Evelyns.

Strength of heroes should only be measured against the special heroes as everyone has those.

Oh

wait.

Not everyone has those… so you are actually far from typical and your example is actually proof of how good Aegir ha become contrary to your strange notion that it’s hardly a speedbump.

Sorry, arguments like "Well everyone brings Panther so hero XYZ is a pushover are ridiculous. I have four HOTM’s and a few event heroes, steady in Diamant, yet even I miss those heroes you ar bandying about as easy counters.

It’s all this posting from anecdotes by using clips or saying how special Hero XYZ trivializes a hero so he’s not so good that makes me do a BIG facepalm.

1. If you have Panther: GREAT. Assuming most people have those? Learn about RNG of hero pulls and realize most people in Diamond lack a few "key"heroes. People have GM, lack Guin, Have Guin and GM, but lack Evelyn and Panther… etc. etc.
  2. A movie discrediting hero XYZ is quite simply useless. There’s so much randomness going on that it’s possible to create a movie where a team of four star Purples and Wu takes Guin to town. That is fantastic… but the majority of occurences it won’t work.
  3. The make-up of the top 100 is the real story. Posters here bragging how they ruin Guin so easily are braggarts which the statistics belie. And the sheer volume of Aegir Tanks coming up shows how good Aegir really is.

I get a spot in the upper top 100 regularly. Ares, Magni, Lianna, Joon, Rigard work fine. But I do not have Jackal No Panther, No Guin, No Aegir, No Evelyn, No Alby, No MN etc. etc.

So yeah, a team with Guin is a showstopper… and Aegir also made the "reroll"list.

That’s not a problem, it’s how it is. But people clamoring how this isn’t a HUGE boost with gameplaying changes is being very busy staring at his/her own belly-button. The fast arrival of Aegir teams in the upper regions shows the real story.

Don’t know which button I pushed, that made you go crazy, but sorry if it offended anyone.

To make it clear, I didn’t intent to humiliate other players here and it is just my experience I’m writing about.

Why did I quote Panther and Eve? Because they are my only dispellers in the whole roster (no Melendor, Sabina, Sonja or so on, and no also not Kage). My raid team is composed of 3x 5* and 2x 4*, which I can say so clear, because I lack alternatives. With Melendor it would be way better in offense as I wouldn’t have to take the riposte damage.

And why do I think it has no real effect? Because I still lose over 300 cups within an hour, once I touch the magical 2700 barrier. It didn’t change anything at all in defense (from my experience up to now). That being said, I suppose many people are trying the new Aegir out and he will disappear from the Top100 list soon.

I have face Aegir tank in 3500-3600 TP team many times since updating to v20, my team is consist of Sonya, Grimm, Boldtusk, Rigard, Proteus (zero green) with 3290 TP. I find it very easy fighting team with Aegir as a tank. He always manage to use his special but I have nothing to worry as it doesn’t damage nor increase attack stat, I just throw tiles after tiles towards him until my heroes ready to fire.

I think Aegir true value is not as a tank but as blue/ice stack in attacking team. With high blue tile damage, the team will heal considerably. Aegir also give minor heal over time in elemental link, he will make blue team invincible.

1 Like

On attack, aegir can be very valuable. Aegir + wu kong = ridiculous heals. When your tiles hit for 300-400dmg and you heal 90% of it, my team can almost insta heal every round (depending on tile dispersion). I love that they revamped him, and I am looking forwards to leveling him up again. I had him on my “useless” docket for a long time. I think they made him competitive again.

2 Likes

One of the craziest things I noticed was how ridiculously easy anything with a reflect is when you have Aegir up… I don’t have melendor so occasionally Boril was a reroll for me… Now I just send tiles into him to charge up all my specials because it feels like there’s no penalty.

3 Likes

Aegir is at best the 6th best tank in game… hardly overpowered. I haven’t lost to him in beta and I think I lost once to him in war w field aid and a horrible board. And by lost I mean I only 3.5 hero’s died. I don’t use dispellers but they work. I use hel and Hansel and throw tiles at him all dayz
Guin
Grave
Kuchen
Ares
Delilah
Aegir