Request to Buff Aegir [Developer Response in Post #100]

I agree queen/Aegir will be strong, but I think you guys are using queen wrong. She is also a flank imo, she can take the focus off your tank for a bit and that’s huge.

1 Like

I agree. I moved her from tank to flank Onatel & saw an immediate improvement in trophy defence.

Yes I agree that Queen is also an excelent flank, the thing with Queen and Aegir type is that they can work on both positions while Guin is a very tank focued hero only.

With Queen and Aegir flanks you might run a Kunchen or Guin tank and have a very formidable setup. If you opt for Kunchen you have a middle 3 with the highest tank combinded def and HP in the game, its a meat wall that would be damn hard to go through. You are looking at base defences going north of 900 and with troops and def buffs good luck smashing that wall.

We can debate this for a long time :slight_smile: the fact is that the change will make Aegir viable, overpowerd? No, for sure, maybe even not a top tier but he will be good, decent hero to have with that buff which is miles ahead of what he is today (free punchbag for me to charge up my Kage+Panther combo)

2 Likes

I have Kunchen, he is still 1/1 but I started to avoid him at tank now that you mention it. Extremely strong meatshield combo indeed. You think Atomos becomes viable at the rear in that setup with a sniper or Evelyn on the other side? Slowish team, but with so much def it will be very hard. Might even go with Onatel & Atomos just to make life even more difficult. Attackers will need some luck especially in AW against that setup imo

Good point Anetho, but I still think this buff of his isn’t doing any good. At least not defensively. This is a good buff for offense, really good. But in defense? Not really.

The main problem in his defense is his healing. It is reliant on tiles. Making him heal like normal healers would make him good in both offense and defense. Also defensively, his buffs just do not last enough. So let’s say you put him on the flank. First of all you can pick a dispeller, and there are many even amongst regular heroes and neglect Aegir and deal with heroes on the other side or next to Aegir. And even if you do not bring dispeller, you can focus on dealing with tank and the other flank and sniper first and make empty space to connect and shoot tiles into while his short lasting buffs expire.

Ofc, you can put him in defense with some specific heroes to make your team better but as a HOTM I think that he should be more versatile than that. Thinking about specific heroes combination should be a side thing and making him good in overall a priority.

1 Like

Would prefer 2 heavy snipers in the back because I dislike slow, AoE heroes like Atomos and Isarnia personnaly. Would it work? It could but I prefer knocking out a hero then tickling everyone and letting the attacker recover. With Santas defence debuff for instance, Kage would probably take down most heroes in one special.

Onatel could work on the tanking position as well, she would slow down the attack team (probably not as efficient as Guin but she is more tanky than Guin)

This is the beauty of having good flanks, you open multiple options for tank positions.

@Impaler

Well said. That is what I hinted at in my OP. @Anetho makes very good points & proposals but at the end of the day these two issues are deal breakers

I think if he had healing + spirit link + def buff + that elemental link and those overall stats at average speed he would be so overpowered people would cry NERF within the first week of people maxing their Aegirs with emblems.

Aegir fully emblemed has about 960ish base defense and a ton of health (think about 1.5k or so, could be wrong), add to that troop buff + Paladin special + his own buff you are talking defence levels going north of 1.5k with 1.5k HP and active healing of lets say 34% HP with damage spread to all allies would make him a monster to take down.

I do understand that sometimes we want the best and strongest designs and they might seem logical at first but please do consider the end state that hero will take once he has full emblems and how he would look then with the skills he has.

Very fast heroes avoid me, but if I get them it will be a no-brainer for sure. I’ve played with the emblem prediction sheets & dream of all my shiny new heroes fully emblemed, but reality is, it will take so long at that stage these heroes will be forgotten in all probability. The conveyor belt just keeps on pumping & our new heroes can’t ascend, hence my decision to stop spending unless that change. Who want pictures of heroes you can’t use for so much money, not me.

I am not saying that he should have high normal healing, 5 turn sharing damage with all and 5 turn defense boost. What I am thinking about is… If you are going to focus his healing on offense, than at least make his buffs last longer to make him better in defense since his short lasting buffs are weak in defense. Or if you are going to keep his short duration of buffs, then at least give him normal healing to make him good in defense so he can give a bit of a trouble to attacker and usual tactics against Aegir.

1 Like

Once again, very good point, but at the very least the heal needs some rethinking. Heal of normal damage for only 3 turns is extremely limited. Non - dispel out, but give him straight heal like Kiril at least. The likelihood of tiles being available in a stack colour is very low, not to mention, you probably will want to ghost on attack.

Also, let’s say hypothetically that they make him with 30+% healing, 5 turn sharing of damage with all allies, 5 turn deff boost to all allies and element link. The main problem with him then wouldn’t really be his buffs. The main problem would be his high HP and def combined with average mana and normal healing. His buffs are still dispellable and there are many fast dispellers in the game even amongst regular heroes which are the heroes most people in the game have. So basically even if they made him like that, they could balance him by decreasing his def and HP stats. Once again, I am not saying that they should make him like this, this was just hypothetical thinking.

Besides, I agree with the point above about Guin. I am sick of seeing same tank over and over again. Mostly because I think Guin wouldn’t be such a good tank if the game had more versatile heroes. The main problem with Guin is her mana cut combined with healing, good def and HP stats and the fact that there are no much fast purple dispellers. Overall, probably majority of players do not have purple fast raiding combo options like Kage, Panther and Sartana so they can’t deal with her as easily as with some other tanks like Aegir or with some red tanks for example. That is what makes Guin pain in the ■■■ for many players. When you have that fast combo she becomes a piece of cake. And also, that is one of the reasons why I would like to see some heroes like Aegir getting more defense oriented buffs.

1 Like

It would be wonderfull to have multiple viable tanks with the emblem system (and we still might, we simply do not bave enough empyrical data -kudos to Zero for the effort- for us to judge the end game state) but by doing the above changes you will simply make Aegir the best flank in the game, Guin will still reign supreme but the difference will be, for player like me who have access to that type of rooster and emblems, that I will now have Ariel - Guin - Aegir with all 3 healing, Guin cutting mana, Aegir spreading the damage and healing and Ariel increasing mana regen so that with the tanky stats of Guin, monster level of Aegir and Ariel probably being the best utility hero in the game you wont have almost any chance with a bad board (I can still recover agains Guin with a bad board even tough its hard) and low chances with medium boards.

That setup fully emblemed would make my wings hit faster due to Ariel mana regen (imagine Grave and Kage with Ariel mana regen, mana emblem skill and Mana troop), always healed due to Ariel and Aegir healing, near immortal due to the Aegir buff and damage share and on top of that Guin cuts mana.

On paper it sound crazy. I wont go down the path of why, we all know why, we all know Guin simply synergises to well with multiple combos and punishes bad boards very well but the case is that with a bodyguard like the proposed Aegir you did not solve the problem of a single tank but just increased it.

In fact I am sure that even with this v20 Aegir I will stick him next to my Guin and see what happens and I am sure he will perform good

This is a nice step forward, starting to look good, just increase the duration to 5 turns, or make it 3 turns but undispellable and buff the healing a bit and you’ll have a worthy hotm candidate.

2 Likes

Now you’re really on to something. Queen and Aegir are both pallies and average mana too. Even if you manage to drop kunchen, which let’s be honest he’ll get 1 attack off before he drops, you won’t really be able to ghost until you drop one of the other 2…

I have actually used him a lot on the offensive, his 100% heal on attack is very good, it saves both flanks and I am talking of even 4* heroes,. It held so strong in the legendary of Grimforest I just completed.

However, the share damage should cover all allies and as confirmed being tested in beta already the +54 % defense for all allies would also be a good improvement!, hopefully it will not be less than 4 turns.

I got aegir in my alt account within a few weeks of starting it. I had my main for a few months but still was learning and when I got aegir I was thrilled at getting a 5* HotM from Atlantis no less. After reading about him I left him at 2.60 but I recently took him up as he still my only 5* in that acct(though after 8 months I finally got joon in my main despite many summons and over 50 tc20 attempts). I’m happy to give him the scopes but I moved him off center to flank my 4s. He is next to a max chao and Scarlett with cyprian and little John on other side(until I can replace with danza or kelile). I’m happy with the adjustment. I think the problem with him and the game players in general is as an rpg on mobile many are encountering an rpg for 1st time so they’re not used to a grind where things are level based. As much as people complain, I finally see why they hold back hero’s etc. If every hero was all max we’d all have complaints about how easy the game is and how boring the characters are. Like pc and console rpg it takes time or money to get to top and its the journey. This isn’t a game that can be “beat”. I think that us a major disconnect with wanting buffs etc. Aegir was a mess but he was a unique attempt. If they put out the same hero’s each month with same skills there would be complaints. Its not even out yet and people are going nuts. Patience is needed…

I saw the release notes for Aegir and this isn’t going to fix him sadly. There is still no penalty for using him as a mana station, fill me up please? As others have said there needs to be a price to pay for filling mana on him.

I think damage should be shared across all 5 and that doesn’t overpower him. You could also increase shared damage to 4 turns.

You could also add an attack boost of at least 25% or 10 to 24% mana boost. The mana boost would help load the other heroes specials and make sure he isn’t used to charge specials, dispell and unload your specials.

The Mana or attack boost is a must or some other way to create a penalty for charging mana on him. The defense buff alone isn’t enough to make him worth the scopes and he still falls short of most if not all 5* heroes in the game. I was hoping the actually would fix him, but this isn’t even close.

The damage is now shared across all 5 and all 5 gain 100% of normal damage delt. +30% defense boost for all 5, standard defense boost, not elemental

I see, in the release notes they only mention the elemental buff being removed and 30% general defense buff. There was no mention of the shared damage and shared damage gained.

I wonder why they don’t put all the information about the changes in the release notes on the forum. I haven’t seen the release notes in the in game announcements yet. Still don’t have the update either.