Request to Buff Aegir [Developer Response in Post #100]

I like the 5* Kiril idea.

Looking at the coming red hotm (I know it’s only rumors until we see the published version), that’s a much more straight forward way to heal based on dealt damage.

2 Likes

I have aegir and he was actually my 1st 5*. After using him at 3.70 for obvious reasons, I started hearing about buffs etc. Its bad enough they have a mob monster from 8.2 and other level 8 renamed as aegir (he’s a winterfrost warrior or something in those levels but its him just a regular mob enemy) I read the forums and the consensus seems to be a fear of making him op. I am confused as there are many regular hero’s, s2 hero’s, and event hero’s that are way more powerful than him. Let alone the recent HotM’s. I mean kage, guin, gm, onatel, the list goes on. The new hotm not only get specials but they get a resist extra as well now.
A quick aside, he is the Norse version of Poseidon and was feared by sailors. You see the power Poseidon gets in this game but his Nordic version gets this…sad.
I cannot see how even in his original form how he was considered op.
Maybe to those who have every hero to combine him with can he become op but I still don’t see that. And the majority I think don’t have multiple max 5s anyhow.
Granted he has a strange special but that doesn’t mean it can’t work. And let’s just say he gets a little op. So what. So maybe the poor guys with him as their only 5 can win? Instead of having a liability they’d have a hero.
First decide if he’s a tank. Then decide if he leans offense or defense. Now he is no tank, he’s no offense and no defense. He can heal potentially for 3 turns only if you cause damage. Onatel does a similar thing with stolen mana but she has other things that work.nothing on aegir works.
The simplest solution has been put out in forum. Link all 5 instead of 3. Give general defense buff to everyone. Give heal to all hero’s for 4 turns. Done.
Basically gunnar with healing. HotM ehhh, improved YES. this is likely a 1 shot deal so how he ends up is likely how he’ll stay. He had 2 swords with arrows in his back make him the best you show him as.

3 Likes

And I got Guin and two Aegirs. And Ariel. Drooling

Anyone knows when v20 comes

• Huge thanks to nes for keeping this post on track and getting a Dev response.

How about Aegir summons minions for whole team at x% of caster health and x% of caster attack damage. Minions are spirit linked and heal for 100% of damage dealt.

Heard rumblings Aegir is up in V20 beta. Possible to share what’s being tested? I heard you can so long as you don’t post the card - true?

I agree, i no longer raid or revenge, because i dont have the heros to beat any of the latest heros or qwen. I used to be at 2600+ however the constant raiding from those with these newer heros and i lose every time.

There were already two Aegir variants in beta. I’ve just understood that there was a new (3rd) build in beta, not sure if that affected Aegir again (I’m not in beta program). In general they seem to test options, but no chance to tell what the result would be, so we have to wait another few days or weeks and see what V20 will bring.

Yes, another post https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/which-heroes-testing-in-beta-for-rebalancing/88893) has a beta tester saying the tested (not final) version had Aegir’s elemental defense removed in favor of a +30% for him and neighbors, no other buff stated. A minor change/buff currently; we may have to have this discussion all over again after v20. :sob:

I don’t think we need to worry, that info came out around the time they first introduced the rebalancing on beta. I didn’t see any other versions, but I’m hoping they didn’t stick with that.

Current beta Aegir:

• Share damage with whole team

• +30% Def against any colour for whole team - 3 Turns

• Heal 100% of any normal damage

• Element link - Heal 4% for Ice allies

Gunrar crossbreed Kiril, so an improvement but not HoTM wow because heal is still very weak & rely on tiles + buffs can be dispelled.

My 1st thought…Aegir, meet the Hatter, game over

3 Likes

Aegir meets Wilbur, exchange the Def buffs/debuffs.

1 Like

Kiohna meet Scarlett, kunchen/Horghall/isarnia meet Kiril. I have no problem with that, I literally plan for that in every attack I do. That’s the reason why attacking will always win. But gees, make his defensive mechanisms useful.

I do not really like that “buff”. Have him heal like normal healers and increase his buff duration. He is supposed to be a tank and I think that he should be one. I do not really see how that version of him improves his current weaknesses.

Or rather leave him like he is and make his deff boost against green undispellable.

You can literally nail him in war or raid with two Caedmons and Melendor, which are pretty much heroes almost everyone has. Let alone with 5 star heroes.

This would make him one of the best flanks especially in a Guin setup. With Paladin talents he would become like a secondary tank on that side while giving 30% defense buff and share all damage.

Do not limit your thinking to tank positions only. He will be a Gunnar on steroids and while not as good as Wilbur skill wise, check the hero builder sheets and be stunned at the final numbers Aegirs defense and health climb to when fully fed with emblems.

If this goes live he will move up the ladder for scopes to probably have me question giving the scopes to Alice or Frida.

1 Like

In fact now when I think about this my Ariel is nearly done and having Santa flanked by Ariel and Aegir seems interesting.

Will give Santa some more time to fire if either one of them goes off and stick a Grave and Kage on wings for some whooping.

1 Like

I’m thinking about Ariel-Guin-Aegir. But I don’t have yet great snipers (have maxed Azlar and Evelyn)

True, but he was originally designed to be a tank and that is what people want. I’m so sick of fighting Guin & Grave, it is super boring. The game need some flavour imho. Every AW & every RAID it is Guin. I don’t even bother to reroll, just play the same teams over & over yawn. If someone mentions Guin I want to fall asleep. Atomos had promise, but allas, another premium 5* that is broken.

I ascended Ariel, way more use. I only have 3 scopes left & have Misandra, Frida & Alice waiting, so I don’t know. Make it undispellable & maybe he becomes worth it. 3 turns is over in a blink of an eye.

I have the Queen, Hatter & Atomos. I was hoping to flank him with Queen & Atomos (Atomos will stay 3/70)

Why not try a Queen tank with Aegir flank? I mean I see the Queen as a more tank designed hero than Aegir ever was. The missconception from the get go is that he is only good on a tanking position and knowing that this game should never be looked at a one dimensional actually frees up the way you can think of heroes. I have seen all kinds of tanks in the top 100 (dont get me wrong, Guin is present in about 70% of those or so) and all it takes is for people to experiment alittle and see what happens.

The Ariel - Guin - Aegir or Ariel - Santa - Aegir middle will be strong because of the class setup and ability to move the wizard emblems off Guin and give to the swarm of all the other good wizard heroes.