Replay of enemy raids - Master Thread

I would love a replay option to view your attacks again. Also, when raided, I would like to see the enemies attack team used. Don’t just show me their defense.

This would be the coolest feature but would probably require tons of programming. Translation: unlikely to happen (unfortunately)

good one but doubt it’ll happen

Let’s get real. They definitely have the money to make this happen. People are dropping crazy money on this game for those 5* heroes. It should be a no brainer. Once they implement a replay option, a little more programming for a share option and you have free advertising all over social media from players gloating on their epic wins. Before you know it they’ll have more money than they know what to do with.

2 Likes

Replay on raids would be cool. A great way to show off without recording countless hours of failures :slight_smile:
Once in a while I wished to have a replay button to record something funny happening or what an amazing luck I had.
Sharing those to peers would be even more amazing, but maybe in the next century :slight_smile:

As the title suggest, it would be great if there were a replay system for your defence battles which are available in the tower - like an extra button to press next to the “revenge” button like an eye symbol or something.

Not only it would help to check how your current setup holds against other players, it would give newer players like myself a really good chance to learn from such replays as you can adjust your team to bring its full potential out. you can see how players beat you - either played their game against your defence perfectly or simply were lucky with a good combo, you’ll learn how to implement their strategies in your own raids. I think such feature wouldn’t be too hard to implement yet it would be really useful “quality of life” improvement. I think there was a similar topic before but it wasn’t written too well, so I’m bringing the matter up again.

Regards!

I support this. Moreover in the current tournament system, there is nothing more frustrating than what seems to be a solid defense but get an E grade and have no clue about what gone wrong and how to improve it.

@Kerridoc @rook @zephyr1 mergers and acquisitions

2 Likes

Merged, thanks! :heart_decoration:

1 Like

I’m dreaming about that feature since I’ve started playing the game and I’m surprised that it didn’t get much votes yet. It’s so much needed and expected! +1 from me :slight_smile:

A few remarks:

• it would be beneficial in all kinds of defense: not only in the tower, but tournaments and wars too;
  • of course, it should work only for a limited period of time - nobody’s going flood the game databases with the old battles :slight_smile: ;
  • it would be really nice to be able to share the battle to other players (even for a limited period of time), but to be honest - I don’t believe it would be ever implemented;

Having won all 6 raid tournament defences (so far) I wish I could watch replays and see what’s the key to my success.

Being able to replay your defense is far and away the biggest thing lacking in the game. Without feedback (other than win/lose) it’s not possible to refine and improve your defense.

My suggestion would be to have a cost (food) for viewing a replay—perhaps the same cost as “roll again” when raiding. You should also be able to inspect the raid team (for free), since it is not necessarily the same as the defense team.

From night to day. I’m been Atacked more or less 20 times. Last night 9 defeats 11 wins. Total loss of 170 cups. I wouldn’t be seeing all my losses. I just won’t. It’s fun when we see a friend in another allyance who attacked us. And did recorded. I’m always recording atacks and Revenges. Show my revenge to my friends in whatzapp or line. Or youtube. I know how it cost in therm of data. To store this 9 atacks I lost. I think they won’t be doing this any soon

Hi there,

I am sure this request must have been asked for before but I couldn’t find a post.

Always after I got raided by other players I am wondering:

1. Was it a close combat or a sure thing?
  2. Why the result is like it was? Luck involved?
  3. What can I do to improve my Defense Team setup?

This is at the moment actually only possible by guessing. I suggest to enable players to review their matches in review mode. Means you can watch those fights to see how the fight went. I think this is very valuable to understand why your defense Team works well or fails. Something which is missing completely right now and would be an improvement on tactitcal understanding and play.

Hope this idea finds you well,

Mahamoti

1 Like

I think observing you defense team being annihilated won’t give you any good ideas how to improve it.
“Oh let me see what I can learn about my 3800 defense being raided by 4400 team!” :slight_smile:

You could learn how to set a decent defense team by simply raiding others.
You’ll quickly learn not to put healer as tank for example :slight_smile:

As I said it has a fun value, but also could be a good tactics and strategy tool to share amongst fellow alliance members. Especially newbies. Matching tiles needs some skills developed.

As for execution - it should be easy - you have the heroes types loaded and their animations in a Replay room. Recording a single fight would be like recording a chess game. Maybe the random board will take the most memory. But I am not a programmer. I would love to hear some dev opinion on that. Probably not very easy to implement.

1 Like

I really would love a feature like this to be included. I just had a miracle never-going-to-happen-again war matchup that was crazy intense and i want to show all my friends and this forums but i would never think to screen record these things ahead of time and i don’t want to screen record every match i ever do just in case something cool happens.

On Pokemon showdown, there is an option after every match to save or share a battle and that would be awesome.

Plus, a lil more media sharing of this game could be good advertisement for this game :wink:

2 Likes

This idea is to provide intel and probably create a huge money maker for SG. Like the costumes, another feature to the character is the ability to have a raven. Raven training increases to record as much of the battle during a war (or a raid)when in defense. The idea is the player can see from the raven how their team did and can make adjustments during the war (or next raid) with upgrades.

The raven feature should be summoned and trained into the character. The level of the raven dictates the number of turns the battle records and shows. The battle simply takes the highest raven into account.

Needless to say, I would spend gems for this gladly. You could even have a second tier of the raven to build up points after the hero dies. So that during the war, when the hero dies, it keeps watch even though it’s master has died.

Can’t believe this feature is still missing. 3 years later we’ll still be missing it…

1 Like

Is it laziness on their part? Of all the things they come up with to improve user experience, something as simple as this should have happened a long time ago. I can’t think of a single person who wouldn’t welcome it.

I’m not sure this is that simple to implement as you make it sound. Of course people want it, doesn’t mean it’s easy to do.