Replace War Bonus - Tame Titans 🐲

Right, sit down and shut up.

Ignore the fact that SG have just published their entire 2019 development schedule, because this is the best idea since someone decided that meat tasted better cooked.

Now I like war bonus, but I know that’s not universal.

And alliances like killing titans and winning wars.

SO LET’S COMBINE THE TWO

Every time your alliance defeats a Titan, you have a x% chance of capturing it.

These are kept under lock and key until the next war.

Then the leaders can select their titan of choice.

During the war, same drill, war bonus bar fills up and then

BOOM - TITAN STRIKE - death from above, fire and brimstone (or ice, or the weird, glowing purple balls)

It’ll need some balancing, the hits would be much softer than the titan battle, but proportional to the level, and some starting stock.

giphy%20(62)

Thanks to @annieb for the inspiration

Guardians already has dibs on this micreant:

Nice :slight_smile:

Have you walked fluffy yet?

2 Likes

This is probably the best idea I’ve seen on this forum and I will not allow this tread to die that easily!

1 Like

Sounds more fun than field aid and arrow barrage.

2 Likes

Could I use my titan to break the bridges so no one can come over to attack? Lol.

And is this an offensive or defensive tactic?

3 Likes

Acknowledging that this is definitely a sort of “Pie in the sky” idea. I think it might be nice to have this captured titan as a one use only, per person per alliance Offensive spell. Case and point I need to attack Frank, Bob, and Mike. I can choose to use my titan strike on one of the three and the titan strike acts similarly to a defensive arrows dealing percentage based damage (Think similar to an artillery barrage prior to attacking and with no ability to kill heroes). I agree that balancing this could be tricky, but if added properly it could be a good way to try to shake things up a little.

Again I emphasize “If” other content that should be prioritized is dealt with first. Namely alchemy lab, season 2 etc.

1 Like

It’s designed to replace enemy arrows.

But it could be added to both sides. Once a war, as @Averagejoe says.

1 Like

So only the leader gets to use the Titan? Well that blows like an El Nino wind. Can the titan kill? Or is it like arrows where when I’ve got 2 HP I’ll still survive? I need more details sir.

No, leader gets to choose the titan.

Everyone gets to use it once if it’s an attack idea

Or it charges like arrows for a defence idea

1 Like

In this case EACH member gets to use a singular titan strike per war on offense. The attack cannot kill, the idea being to use it strategically on a high health target. The only caveat is that no one can control your strike other than you. Case and point if I return to Mike, Frank and Bob from earlier I can only use my strike on Mike and not on Bob or Frank and only one time. I hope this clarification is what you are looking for.

I have to call it a night, this is a good long term consideration it needs to be fleshed out a little bit more first though.

2 Likes

Fascinating. There are no offensive buffs so to speak for war (obviously). This would benefit the lower TP players the most, as they would be more effective at breaking or clean up duty.

Would there be any sort of backblow from say, “friendly fire” from the Titan?

I’m going for a simple ‘no’ on that one.

But the other teams titan would obviously be harassing your side

I also like the idea of attacking the bridges, but that could be a whole different idea about formations and having to attack the frontline

1 Like

Yes, but now we are flirting with PvP in real time. Don’t get me started with strategy for troop movement in relation to environment, as I thoroughly enjoy discussion on archaic army protocols. The gatling gun rather ruined warfare. But digression aside, I am intrigued by your idea.

So, keeping in line with a titan…what is your idea for augmenting a disparity in titan strength? For example, my alliance just came off a pass (to save flaggage), so now we are hitting 8*'s. Your alliance flasked for a 10* kill. Do we chose whichever titan is in our arsenal or do we have to share titan * level.

As it’s E&P, there is only a % chance of capturing each titan. So capturing a 10* would be on a par with hotm drops.

The titan strike effectiveness would be related to, but much reduced from, it’s titan battle strength.

And yes, it would add an extra dimension to deciding when to flask or let them go.

Would it cause a small disparity in war results? Yes, that’s part of the motivation for stretching your titan performance, although I expect that most alliances battling each other will have titans within a level of each other.

2 Likes

Very outside the box thinking on that one because as u said most everyone isn’t that over the moon with regards to field aid and arrows. I especially like the idea of the limiting use. It just doesn’t always go off. Makes it part of ur strategy and encourages leaders and co-leaders to talk and include other members. Kudos on great idea. :+1:

1 Like

Here is an idea which might help in keeping with your titan idea except for a couple of aspects.

Each allience gets 1 titan chosen as you stated.
That titan gets to fire 1 shot and 1 only so it needs to be used stratigicly by the leader as to when it gets used.

The difference is your not using it against a single team, your using it against the whole opponents teams at once. Which means that shot would divided up amounts the total of teams.

Us it wisely and it could help your whole allience turn the tables.

Discuss with the team as to when the best time to use it would be.

Just an out there thought on your nice idea.

Lovely idea. Would have voted for it, but I’m out of votes.

I promise to get multiple complaints about the titan attack. He only wiped two heroes from the weakest opponent and that it was terribly unfair. We have been defeated only due to that. :wink:

Thanks for the input :slightly_smiling_face:

I think for that to work well, the leader would need to be able to set a time, rather than launch an instant attack.

In our senior alliance, the leader in in Europe but the majority of the players are in the USA. It would be beneficial if the leader could set the timer for evening in the US, for instance, rather than have to stay up to midnight

Personally I don’t know if having this as a leader only “Nuke” is the right way to handle things. For alliance that can hit such as ones with majority players in one location it might be worth considering, but for alliances which have people more spread out it might be more of an issue. Using my own as an example while we have people in our alliance from the United States we also have people from India, Australia and Spain to name a few states that other members are from.

Taking the counter point here is the idea of coordination such that the attack were used right after a board reset when every opponent is theoretically at maximum health, but this might put a lot of pressure on people to go after the reset as well.

Either way it is sliced I can see issues with both sides, but I do think we should keep this idea alive as it would be nice to have some form of offensive tool in the kit.

I think the idea of a set time allocated by the allience not SG of cause can work for this as although ad the opponent you woukd know it’s coming but as to when is another matter.

Nice