Reorder Akkorog's special skills

is does not because even if reordered all together he has 2/3 chance to hit the edges and thus only hit two.

The issue is still the rearrangement. With a double formation, a hit-3 can target the center and hit all five opponents. Akkorog rearranges first, then hits the hero targeted, not the spot targeted. Therefore you can’t reliably hit the center to take advantage of his full power.

2 Likes

I don’t understand you maths! 40% of heroes on edge in standard formation therefore assuming heroes can stay in same spot you have a 40% chance of only hitting 2.

If heroes have to move then by targeting edge you have a 75% chance of hitting 3 OR only 25% chance of hitting 2

only if all heros are still alive. e.g. if two heros are dead an akkorog is reordering all 3 of them next to each other whethere he hits 2 or 3 depends on whether the target lands im the middle of the three (1 out of 3 chance)

In that case he could also only hit 1, once opponent heroes start disappearing chances of hitting 3 goes down…which btw is same if tank is taken out…and in fact you have better chance of hitting 3 in that case…

Finally have him high enough to start trying to use him more. (3:70 finally). In my war fight today the other team had a 2-1 split. Used Akkorog to hit the two hoping all three might be put together. But he shuffled them so that all three enemies became split up. 1 at tank and 1 at each wing. So his nearby hits were wasted and it messed up my Drake Fong being able to hit more than 1. Used Akkorog again and he shuffled everyone around but kept them split up in tank and two wing positions.
Hate to say it but it really makes a decent hero seem like a punishment to use him.

Seems like the shuffling should feel more like a benefit rather than like a penalty. Maybe if the shuffling was worded so that it became a positive. Something along the lines of “Shuffles the enemies randomly and clumps them together around the target”. This way it always brings heroes together to give Akkorog a more consistent chance to hit three. That would be an awesome shuffle and a neat new mechanic along the lines of season 4. Especially when paired with other hit three enemies.

For being a season 4 hero it just seems like he is lackluster compared to all the others. Especially since his shuffle makes him less effective and less desirable than a season 1 HOTM Drake Fong. And it’s not like his stats need a buff. They are season 4 consistent. That shuffle just really takes all the wind out of his potential.

3 Likes

AKKOROG IS HIT THREE HERO…Right!

His card indicates rearrange the position & deals damage to target & nearby enemies…

But when he fires, sometime he hit only 1 or 2 heros that is misleading information fix this

Like with most cards there is some order of effect going on . Unfortunately the order of akkorog is not great, but that’s the drawback with him.

Fist he rearranges, then hits so if the hero you target moves to the wing he will hit 2 max. If there are not 5 heroes he may move to a position where there isnt anyone beside in which case hits one. This is how the card is designed. Cant be bothered working the stats, but against a full team he is more likely to hit 3, this reduces as you kill enemies and means he is better at start of battle than towards the end

2 Likes

Akkarog is not a hit three hero. Technically, all hit three heroes are not hit three at all. If left to their own devices they may hit two, or even one target instead. Which is why it specifically states ‘the target and nearby enemies’

3 Likes

Atleast they can make some changes in cards like hit first and then rearrange it will be more player friendly… Otherwise whats use of creating specials that dont match with written on cards… We will consider it misleading or inappropriate IMO

I have him and despite my need for a yellow heavy hitter he isn’t getting my darts nor will he until he becomes much more reliable. Already having to deal with the crazy RNG of boards is enough instead of having to deal with the crazy RNG of how he is going to rearrange the heroes. Unless you don’t have very many options hard to justify levelling him up and I am sure that wasn’t SG’s plan for him. He is this Seasons Inari

His hit seems in line with Norns, another target-and-nearby yellow with a niche effect.

I would think that his special is best for disrupting formations?

It’s also true that not every hero is great in raids, but that doesn’t make them useless, like Mikki for example.

I find that Norns is actually great for lots of map levels where the special rules or mix of enemies tries to limit the pallette of heroes. On raids, her effect is often inconsequential but map games allow you to move the board a lot more.

Perhaps Akkorog would be really good against event boss formations like Ninja tower of challenge events? Sometimes those are layered with a healer at the rear that’s really hard to get to.

Just food for thought.

1 Like

That’s not a bad thought. But I don’t know that his special works against boss enemies. I have tried him on quests and map stages and the bosses have not been affected.
I may be remembering wrong. But I thought that was the case.

He is a fast hero, so increasing his attack % might not be done, or done marginally. A more practical & FUN change can be:

The hit should be done to the position tapped by the player irrespective of the shuffled hero’s new order. This way, there is an element of surprise about which 3 heroes actually get HIT & also he stays hit-3 as designed / offered.

Hence, players will mainly tap heroes (Left to Right) : 2-3-4 for the central hit… to ensure when that position is hit, Akkorog is also hitting nearby heroes.

Lets see, if that is possible, bcoz that would involve some redesigning of the codes, which SG may or may not do.

Unfortunately I pulled this hero! He will remain on the bench unless something changes for him. If he targets only one then he’d be a very weak sniper and your better off using a real sniper. Even at two he is meh. Unless they fix his special or increase the damage I don’t see this hero is gonna be used hardly at all. To release this hero along side other season 4 hero’s is just sad. He should hit first then rearrange or increase his attack. The rearranging is a liability and if that is the case then he should also have a perk like killhare. His attack damage doesn’t warrant a liability as is. It’s like using killhare without the high damage. However I don’t see zynga fixing this because they are fueled by one desire and that is more money not making changes or fixing things. Ever since they starting taking over from small giant things have turned sour fast. If it isn’t about generating money it isn’t on their agenda plain and simple!!!

1 Like