Remove tiles of colors excluded from Raid Tourney

To be clear, my original post wasn’t a complaint about distribution of tiles on the boards. Just that since we can’t use blues, I don’t want to see blue tiles on the board. Judging by lack of votes, I’m the only one that feels this way though, so moving along…

I think it is one on the same. If you are asking to not see blue tiles you are in fact asking for a change in the distribution of the tiles - in this case no blues.

I would really love the tiles to always favour the colour I stack - alas no.

What about adding white diamond tiles that fire backwards at your team and injure them?

1 Like

I feel your pain. I recently faced a defense team loaded with fire heroes. Perfect target for my ice hit squad! But ice is not allowed. So I go with my strongest remaining attackers and start with a board that has a blue diamond set up. I initiate and pop it only to have more blue tiles including another blue set up. At the same time, none of my attackers built up enough mana to fire off their specials. By the time I got a critical color match, I was down to one attacker against 5. I almost threw my device against the wall.

I disagree completely. Why are blur tiles if I CAN’T use a blue hero. That’s a completely different thing than getting tiles of colors you elected not to bring.

The whole point of tiles is to make a match to damage your opponent. The blue tiles provide the exact opposite effect. There is no chance of any benefit from a blue tile on the board, regardless of the decisions made by the player. That is not true with any other color in this tourney.

That’s pretty much what blue tiles do in this tourney. They charge your opponent , but give no value to the attacker.

I run mono. I’m already adapted to it.

1 Like

It’s not that you’re not right, it’s just that these are basic rules and they won’t change. Think of this as kind of similar to the color reflect on the event mobs or rare titans. You won’t use the reflected color heroes there, it’s suicide, still the reflected color tiles will be there.

1 Like

Not really a fan of this idea. Part of the game is strategy and working with what the board gives you. Sometimes you’ll get a great board, and other times, you are lucky to connect 3 of any color. Eliminating the color won’t solve anything (other than give the attacker more chances at skulls and diamonds). In a case like the current raid tourney, if I get a blue diamond, I simply clear it, and all the blues, and usually end up with a decent combo from removing them. I actually went from losing to winning raids using that method.

1 Like

I get your frustration about the blue tiles. Still needs to be included as it would cause a major balance shift in the tournament.

RNG just screwed me over big time 3 times in a row. (All red teams not too strong. So I counter with Red, Purple and Yellow, countering abilities. But get nothing but blue and green tiles.)

So that puts me out of this tournament. Hopefully 11 wins will still get me some decent loot.

There are always going to be about 20% blue tiles, plus or minus a big random factor. Once you take a couple of matches out in your good colors, it is near certain that the number of tiles of bad colors will have increased (-5 good tiles = +2 good tiles + 3 bad tiles, assuming a 3-2 stack). That’s why the quest levels with 4 mob levels before the boss tend to be much harder than those with 2. By the time you get to the boss, you’ve stacked the board heavily against yourself (unless you take some time in the last level to rectify this).

In the raid, of course, you don’t have a lot of time to make good on this, And with very fast mana, a bad board is likely to spell quick and inevitable doom. Which makes it all the more satisfying when you do manage to make it work. But it’s still all just random luck what kind of a board you get. (I say this having just lost out in the tournament – had one match of a strong color at the start, lined up to hit an enemy who was strong against that one… Two more matches to get something lined up, and then the barrage of specials came to annihilate me. I did kill the Vivica tank before going out, though…)

Removing one color would result in excessively long combos.

1 Like

Why is it people ask for challenging events and when they get them they want to find ways to make them easier.

It’s a challenge, have fun with it, learn from it, and most of all become a better player because of it.

Cheers

3 Likes

@Ozy1 my thoughts exactly! I like this game because it is challenging.

1 Like

They are definitely more challenging lol to me anyway :sweat_smile:

It would still be random, just evenly distributed. Actually I think there has to be some mechanism to influence (most likely randomly) the probability of each colour appearing on the board. If the probability was the same for every color, there would be a lot of shuffles going on, because the board is too small for even color distribution. So the solution in this case would be to favour other colors more than blue

The probability of getting a bad board in a tournament is not really that much greater than getting a bad board in a raid or war. Leaving out the color would guarantee awesome matches for your part. Reducing the probability of blue wouldn’t really change anything.

If this idea got implemented, one way or the other, the defense teams wouldn’t stand a chance.

I don’t like it either, but it’s not a bug, it’s a feature.

First, my idea:

Let’s keep the colour ban but make it so it doesn’t charge the enemy

This would keep things interesting for those liking the colour ban, but not utterly obscene in case random hates you.

Let me introduce a couple of definitions:
Bad board
A bad board is an unlucky board that you can still manage to play.
Unplayable board
A board that makes your skill irrelevant
Useless colour
The banned colour

In Superfast Tournaments bad boards will often result in unplayable boards.
Now you should figure out the problem: unplayable in something you are supposed to play is a no-no. Should, at least.

How often will that happen? Well, that is an interesting question because… random is not really random on computers nor phones.
In this last tournament (purple ban) I messed with random.
Here are the four initial boards I got from fielding a mono team.
Pay attention: I was not interested to win the clashes, I was interested in collecting specific oriented-experiments data.

Board1
Good tiles: 5
Useless tiles: 9

Good tiles: 2
Useless tiles: 8

Board3
Good tiles: 4
Useless tiles: 10

Board4
Good tiles: 4
Useless tiles: 5

Now… Any way you look at those numbers the chances of this happening by sheer randomness are, to put it mildly, quite low.
The sole occurrence of having two useful tiles or less in a board is 0.01904011202.
I was able to go below average (which is 7) regularly.
If we consider the p of having the number of good tiles or less that I got in these four boards we get (all rounded up to the second decimal digit)
p1=0.28, p2=0.02, p3=0.15 & p4=0.15
If we are to assume that these boards are independent, that combines for an astonishing:
p=0.000126
That means that out of 10000 players 9998.74 of them would have been luckier than me.

And let me tell you: despite the relatively low sample (few boards, but quite a decent number of tiles, i.e. tries, for a five faced dice) going in the region of 1 out of 10000 at the first try is quite worrying.
It gets even worse when we consider the number of useless tiles.
Possible conclusion: I’ve been quite unlucky, but it is a sole occurrence.
Moreover… someone has to be very unlucky.
But, it is not an isolated case. Which is why I ran the experiment collectling data, something I just shouldn’t feel like doing because I collect data and model as a job. I don’t want to get into that even when I unplug from work.

But let’s say we concede that. Unlucky. Why should my tournament end because I’ve been unlucky? Because let’s face it: in a superfast tournament you are doomed when you start like that.

Wouldn’t it make a lot more sense if the banned colour tiles, over which you have no power whatsoever except trying to avoid using them, didn’t charge the enemy?
It would still enhance the challenge, without being a lottery.

Needless to say… the challenge argument is a tad weak in a game where you can buy stuff to get better.

(I had posted all the boards, but since I’m a new user I’m only allowed to one image, so I put the worst)

1 Like

Regard to missing one element tile on raid tournament, missing element tile should not be appear on the tournamnent as well. For example if it is no nature raid tournamnent, nature tile will be eliminated during the tournament. Player will only compete with 4 element tiles. It is one thing that a lot of blank tiles by your risk taking but it is very unfair to have lot of blank tiles that you cannot choose by tournaments rules.

I have always been frustrated with the way raid tournaments had an elemental exclusion rule for heroes, but the tiles appear in abundance. This current tournament excludes red heroes, right? So why am I able to open up boards to make two red diamonds? If we aren’t allowed to bring red heroes, then the boards shouldn’t be able to spawn red tiles. That’s only fair, right? SG needs to look into this and make it happen.

1 Like