Remove the Timer for Titan Battles! – Allow fighting until heroes die, or a limited number of moves instead

Yep, that timer is a piece of TRASH. Completely useless and unnecessary. Titans are the most important part of this game. All of your goals add up to killing the Titan. So why have the most important part of the game be shorten down to a crappy 1 or 2 minute clock? Seriously. Shouldn’t players be allowed to use strategy to kill this incredible beast? Planning is important. Besides after you complete everything else, all that is left is the Titan. So yeah, next update remove the timer…Please!!!

3 Likes

I sort of like this idea, but it could be tricky.

I think you’re suggesting that each player battle the Titan until they get killed. Here’s the problem: for the Titan to be strong enough eventually to kill me, it will have to be strong enough to munch most of the other players in my alliance in about 5 seconds, and even then it will probably never kill our leader, who will grind it to dust in about 90 minutes.

Or are you suggesting that the Titan’s strength vary depending on the player it is facing? I’d like to hear more details of the new system you propose.

3 Likes

Yep, that about sums it up. But hey you get to come back and attack again. Thats is why you have 3 flags to do it. I don’t think this is going to fly. But I was interested in what others would think about this. You bring up some good points Brobb.

I like the variant strength idea; I have no desire for my weakest players to get discouraged by getting insta-crushed by Titans…why then would they play that part of the game?

Also, I don’t know who first suggested it, but I’d love a 3 hour timer on flags, not 6. I know it won’t change, but I can dream, can’t I? :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve been totally fine with the timer on the titans. Everybody gets a crack at the beast, and I know I can get another shot at it later. And the extra ways to refill titan energy gives me some more action for that aspect of the game. Maybe more alliance energy would work with harder titans

More frequent energy would work if titans were stronger to compensate. You still want to have enough titan to go around. :slight_smile: And I really don’t mind the timer on the titans. I know I’ll get another crack at it later. The speed thing is only in one aspect of this game. An alternate to the timer might be to have limited moves.

1 Like

I think a good way to balance a timer, is to have a certain amount of tries, which most importantly doesn’t include combos. So then you keep the strategy part, where you’re not rushed, but it also limits you in that you can’t solo a titan.

1 Like

For me, I would like to see the Titan timer remain but the cool down between Titan Energy Flags be shortened down to the 3 hours suggested rather than the 6 hours it is now. But that is just my opinion. :relaxed:

3 Likes

I also agree that the timer is fine as it is.
A shorter wait period for alliance energy would be nice, or at least a longer wait period before the next titan appears. After defeating a titan almost everyone has depleated all of their attacks and need 6 hours to get the next one. We have been having the next titan spawn within a half hour to 3 hours just after defeating the one before. That is a lot of lost time that the next titan does not get attacked let alone gives us less time in which to defeat it.

1 Like

Well It was just a thought. I’m not married to it. There are better features to ask for like Trade Everything in Alliances and to stop reducing Hero abilities! This thread will be deleted soon.

1 Like

I dont know if this is part of the topic, but did the titan timer for energy respawn just increase from 3hours to 4hours? Its really harder this way, cause alot of players in the alliance dont commit like the rest of us.

It has been 4h per flag for about 8-9 months or something like that. A long time at least.

1 Like

The timer with Titan fights needs to be removed. Give us the ability to play this game strategically and not panic swiping hoping for the best. I understand there has to be some kind of limit or else higher players could take down Titans on their own. What if we put a limited amount of moves instead of being timed? Let’s say you have 20 board moves for each Titan fight.

3 Likes

But I want more than 20 moves! :wink:

1 Like

I would like that too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but removing the time would make Titan fights more interesting to play

Only 20 board moves makes me cringe, I’d rather be fighting the clock haha

2 Likes

Lol that’s not including the combos.
.but that’s not the point I’m making. Point is remove time so we could play more as a strategy

I think removing the timer would take some of the challenge with Titans away. Instead I’d like to see it extended to 2 full minutes OR items introduced into the game to extend it.

3 Likes

I think it’ll still be challenging. Yeah two minutes would actually be nice too. Just remove some of the panic attacking wishing for random combos. With more time or no time we would be able to set up for combos a bit more… once those combos start going it’s such an awesome feeling. Just want more of it lol

1 Like

Why do you rush? Because there is a clock? I realized a few weeks back that my scores were much more consistent and overall better once I STOPPED fighting the clock and figured out my strategy with my particular team. I do the following:

1. Once it starts I spend a few seconds looking at the board set up - are there any immediate combos (or likely combos) to be had? (if so - see point 3)

2. I always try and stun the titan - we fight 4 and 5 star and if you get 3 consecutive tiles on the weak spot it still stuns, which saves attacks, and can push back a special attack a few rounds (if it’s stunned it doesn’t do the time sucking special attack until a round where you don’t stun it)

3. Time your use of items or boost specials - if you see a board setting up for a massive attack or combo use a bear or dragon banner or mana up Brienne or boldtusk to get the attack boost.

Maybe it’s because I have my strategy now, but more time just doesn’t appeal to me. I know it should because of faster titan kills via more damage. I just think you can still use strategy with 90 seconds.

5 Likes

Since I last posted I now have added in ‘dropping the weak color hero off my team’ when attacking titans. For example, we were fighting a red 6* and dropped my green hero and put another red in their place. I would say my output increased on the low end on a crummy board by 10% and on the high end maybe 50% on a great board.

Now - in the example above if I had a chance to stun the titan with green tiles I still did it. I do think the stunning significantly contributes to higher scores.