Remove/change additional +20% attack for defence team

That’s a very disingenuous take.

AI smarter? don’t think so, but you remember what is painful, because human nature and confirmation bias.
if they remove the bonus i won’t play rainbow, it’s just suboptimal, the only facet of the game where i do is in autoplaying map stages.
I agree, if bonus were removed, iwould win 98% raids and 6/6 oneshots in war prolly and i don’t even have 10 5 stars maxed.
that’s just my opinion, happy gaming!

No need to talk me something like this. I do not have paranoia and do not feel any special emotions from defeats and wins in this game :slight_smile: It’s just that in most cases I know where the enemy will hit, that is, the AI in the game does everything in the same way as a human would do

Of course not, since most of the players have long been accustomed to playing not with a rainbow. It’s much easier that way.

They have to do something smarter than just add attack to the defence team on all levels and forget about it for 2+ years. It is even stranger why this is not written anywhere in the game

This only proves that no STARTING board is so bad that you can’t win against a relatively pedestrian defense.

2 Likes

Because they give the best odds of winning when you go up against a team 400+ power points above your best team.

2 Likes

@ArchiDevil
i didn’t mean to be harsh, sorry if it sounded like it, my english is so bad.
neither do i mean you were paranoic, i was talking about how the people brains work, generally.
Strongly agree in devs designing a way to overcome the advantage of the attacker without the hidden bonus just i can’t imagine how they would do it. The way the game is made and the “pvp” work just don’t let me wonder how they can do it. prolly one way is to actually make the AI smarter, pretty ironic thou.
happy gaming!

I don’t see a 400+ power difference between those two teams. Defense has 1 HOTM not suited for defense and 4 vanilla heroes, none of them with costumes, while the offense has only one vanilla heroes, who is also the best sniper in the game, one HOTM, two S3 heroes, and an event hero.

And yet, despite of a better roster, the player needed to stack 5 great heroes, and gamble.

And still people say defense is disadvantaged.

1 Like

I despise the hidden defensive bonus. Defense has plenty of advantages even without it to survive and triumph enough times.

When everyone has 5 great defensive heroes with +20 nodes of emblems paired with their best troops, there’s no need to add more to it secretly.

1 Like

Record some videos of you playing and count

• How many times a hit-3 only hits 2
  • How many times one of your heroes is on the brink of death and slash attacks don’t target him
  • How many times one of your heroes has a game changing special ready but the opponent triggers a mana control special on someone else
  • How many times a hero is on the brink of death and a large snipe takes them out instead of a slash attack or an AOE that is also ready to launch
  • How many times the AI launches a special immediately instead of holding it back a turn for greater effect - oh, wait, that happens 100% of the time
  • How many times an AI snipe attacks a ghost hero such as Ameona or a hero about to revive

I am sure there are far more examples than the above, but that is a starting point.

Overall the AI has a large element of randomness in it’s play (I am sure there are set patterns to follow, but very hard to tell what the % chances are of following those set patterns) but it is very clearly sub-obtimal. I would love to see an actual smart AI defense.

2 Likes

I despise the 20% buffs but what I’d really like to see is a way to control combos. I can’t count the number of times a long combo just happens to give opposing heroes the ability to destroy me. Yes, I know that’s impossible right now because it’s “random” but a guy can dream can’t he? Maybe a stop combo button that results in the next shields to load NOT creating a match?

Like… a bunch of commander special actions that you can earn somehow, and then use in various ways to influence the board?

I see what you did there, and no, not the same thing.

Even I don’t know what I just did there!

Lol sorry then. I thought you were being a smartass. I want a way to actively control the board in this way, so yes to your question I guess.

Also, to not veer too far from the topic, the 20% buffs are extra hot garbage in the tournaments. I didn’t know they applied there until this thread, tbh. In that situation you can’t pick your opponent and the matchmaking leaves something to be desired.

1 Like

You happened to catch me in a rare moment of not being a smartass, so I guess statistically you were in the right. I think anything that adds an extra layer of strategy would be good, but not anything that would make the game easier (so there would have to be a balancing act).

Tournies are definitely more difficult to navigate, but I think that is the intent…

I don’t have a definite verdict about this defence bonus, because I really think ot should be a challenge. On the other hand, I hate the fact that higher I get, more colour stacking is needed. Against top teams, sometimes I feel like 3-2 is not enough.

I would like to see rainbow attacking teams be more competitive. Atm, I don’t dare to even try it. One time in war couldn’t even clean one team with 2 and half heros left. On the other hand, I’m afraid it would make things too easy for colour stacking. Don’t know. Maybe it brings us back to all those emblems and special talents. Since less colour stacking relies on special skills instead of tile dmg, it’s really not reliable with all those dodges, resists, mana shields, evades… So, you must use tiles…

1 Like

No problem, english not my native language too :slight_smile:

It’s absolutely not PVP - just PVE. After 3 years game need to changes and this is not new summons every month + Goblin’s Baloon. In fact, they just threw 20% up of the attack and forgot. Thoughtful, flexible, smart? :slight_smile:

How often you use rainbow teams? Why?

I’ll do it when I have a little more time. Now I play no more than 1-2 hours a day. And I understand what you are talking about and I myself often say the same to people. To this list I would also add “How many times the opponent does not hit when the ally has a counterattack”

1 Like

And you MUST play only non-rainbow teams. It turns out that those heroes who are so difficult to get and raise the level to the maximum are not the most important thing in the game. The most important thing is the tiles. I think that if there was a tournament with the condition to play only with the rainbow team, it would be the most unpopular :slight_smile: