Remember When

20? Really? Checking my roster, I only found 5 of them 4 star healers maxed. You make me feel inadequate. Damn. What do you use them for?

For me, I was awed by how Kashhrek efficiently tanking enemy defense that I re-rolled whenever I see enemy player having him as tank and that when I got one, I immediately got him to 3/60 and was able to max him after a while while waiting for the required sturdy shield. I was even planning then to have 3 Kashhreks maxed to serve as tank and flanks. Fortunately, it never materialized though.

2 Likes

I use Boldtusk, Melendor, Kiril, Rigard, and Sabina regularly in Raids and elsewhere too.

But the duplicates are all for War, where I typically like to use 3-2 for most attacks, with a healer in each color.

3 Likes

I never was in awe of any particular hero mostly because I never paid attention; All I did was look at the TP of heroes and assumed that that was an accurate representation of how strong they were.

And so for quite a few months, I had good use out of my Quintus 2/60, because he had a higher TP than 4 stars at 3/60. Also used my trusty Boril for the longest time, because I had no other 4 or 5 star blues.

Still using my trusty Hu Tao, but leveling up Joon and Jackal now.

I remember being pretty unimpressed with wilbur though. Especially in Atlantis stages, when the boss was wilbur, he seemed to justā€¦ die. Didnā€™t hit my heroes at all, what? And he gives the allies a buff, ugh. So i ate I canā€™t remember if it was 2 or 3 or 4 dupes of Wilbur. Luckily I saved 1, who is my go-to red hero these days as I donā€™t have any 5 stars other than khagan (hopefully next month Iā€™ll get BK or JF. Gonna do all my pulls next month)

For the record, I loved Atlantis stages with heroes like wilbur or Gil-ra that does no damage. And that lightening blue horse dude who does a butt load of damage to all heroes; I always Boril him to death.

The first hero I really wanted was Vivica because of her character design. Still want her, though maybe not first choice since I care a bit more about team strength nowadays.

Vivi and Inari are still two of my top choices though. And Zeline, but she just passed :frowning:

edit: seeing people talk about healersā€¦ maybe i was lucky my first 4 star hero was Melendor?

1 Like

I remember the first time I completed the rare category on a challenge event. I was so excited that but my score was super low. Seeing the leaderboard I clicked on a team and saw they had all blue heroes as did like the next ten. Scratched my head, 6 months in had been running rainbow the whole time. Was on that day that I learned about stacking colors for tile damage, felt like the biggest idiot on the planet lol

1 Like

I remember when i said i would quit once i had 3 maxed legendary per color.

Now i have 7 and still no intentions to quit :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, i love nostalgia. Your post made me go back to good old days of first raid tourney loot.

I remember when I first learned what 4* ascension mats were and when I went to check I had 5 scopes in my inventory. I have absolutely no idea where they came from because early game I didnā€™t even know what every drop was besides potions and tokens.

I also remember one of my first elemental chests ever gave me 3 EHT and I thought that must be quite common. Now I am lucky if I get one EHT every 3 or 4 elemental chests lol. By the way, with those 3EHT I remember pulling Friar Tuck and Greymane and getting super excited because they were my first healer and 3* blue.

1 Like

I remember when I was starting to feel pretty good about my roster that was growing in power, and I thought I was to the point of being able to take out an Azlar tank. Itā€¦ did not go well. It was forever before I attacked Azlar again, and although I had wanted him ever since seeing his character design, I began to really want him then. Eventually, TC20 spit one out, and I maxed him. Heā€™s still my only maxed legendary red, and I love him, but that slow mana is a killer. Still, when he goes off, he really goes off, even in diamond raids.

2 Likes

I was out of my effing mind when TC20 gave me Richard. I am still amazed by his versatility despite people see him as only useful at tank in defense.

1 Like

I remember when I pulled Aeron on a single EHT. April '18. Iā€™d been playing for less than 2 months at that point. At the time I didnā€™t know what HOTMā€™s were and I was utterly shocked to get two heroes from the one token. At first I thought it was a glitch in the game. Needless to say I didnā€™t even think about reporting it :rofl:.

2 Likes

Remember those days when you had to get above 2000 / 2500 trophies to start facing teams of fully leveled 5ā€™s?
Remember the days when you got to diamond league to start facing teams of fully leveled fives that had maxed emblems?

Good timesā€¦

1 Like

That would be recently for me having only made into Diamond a couple of times but the 100 emblem monster teams Iā€™m facing at times are ridiculous. :cry: :cry:

1 Like

This times are BACK as limit breakers will make it happen. So you will be happy again!

Emblems? What emblems? The good old days predate emblemsā€¦ my first visits to diamond arena were made with exclusive 4* teams, long before emblems emergedā€¦

4 Likes

Hahaha. Yeah. I remember. Back then, there were no emblems. Back then, Guinevere and Gravemaker were the top dogs. Back then, uncostumed Lianna, Joon, Magni, Sartana and Marjana were almost always on defense, some of the players maxed several dupes of them. Back then, there were no war chests. Back then, there were no raid tourneys. Back then, F2Ps rely heavily on TC20s to get good heroes. Back then, there were no Finley, Marie-Thereā€™s, Black Knight, Lady of the Lake, Bauchan, Guardian Gazelle, Guardian Chameleon, Guardian Bat, Puss in Boots, Snow White, Killhare, Sir Roostley, Lady Woolerton, Chick Jr., Roc, Vanda, Francine, Frank, Jack, Krampus, Carol, Frosty, and there were no Riddles of Wonderland and League of Villains special events, and there were no Ninja Tower, Tavern of Legends, Mythic Titans, Masquerades and Emblems Quests, and there were no Season 2, Season 3, and Season 4.

Back then, players were challenging themselves defeating S1ā€™s Dark Lord with only 3 heroes, some donā€™t use battle items. Back then, the monthly challenge events were dominated by the same old players. Back then, I thought it was impossible for me to ascend my 5 star heroes in Richard and Vivica, who up to now are still both at 3/70 because other better heroes got scopes and darts ahead of them.

Ahhhhhā€¦ Those were the days. It was laid back, relaxed, less stressful due to limited events and less competitive (I was because I was a fledgling back then).

4 Likes

Yes, it was a great game back then! Something went terribly wrong somewhere inbetween then and nowā€¦

2 Likes

I remember when anyone whose team was above 4k was considered a god amongst men.

I remember when having all maxed 4* heroes made you good enough for high platinum / low diamond tier.

I remember when lower leveled players could bring 3* heroes to wars and actually score some points with them.

I remember when elemental chests gave out at least 1 unfarmable and 1 golden token every single time.

I remember when war chests did the same.

But I have also been told that I am remembering things wrong, that those things were never real, so maybe it was just a dream I had long, long ago.

2 Likes

I remember when 4* were considered, for good reason, the back bone of E&Pā€¦ today, if not for tourneys, 95% of the 4* are foodā€¦

2 Likes

They are still the main backbone of most of my teams, for better or worse.

For better: as long as the boards are on my side, they can still take out a lot of the 5* teams.

For worse: the exception being some of the newest META P2W A+ synergistic combo teams that are nearly indestructible without having anything less than a perfect board on your side.

1 Like