Remember. This is just a game

Yup i kinda feel burnout too.

All happening at the same time:
War, pov, emblem quest, ninja tower, tourney.

This game is taking too much time without time to breath.

1 Like

Google Play shows release date for the game as Aug 10, 2016. I think that was for the beta release though. I recall reading somewhere the game was generally released in the first half of 2017.

Iā€™m now at 2 years 7 months and still no green mana troop. I am also finding more and more I donā€™t want to do everything in the game. This Ninja Tower seems like a waste of time after a few rounds at it. I am less and less enthused these days about raid tournaments and challenge quests, basically competing in them mainly for PoV.

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

I hope you get your first green mana troop soon. For me, Ninja Tower arrived too soon after Grimforest. So I decided just to opt out from it. Feels great!

Strongly agree with @Quest about needing to pick and choose now what we want out of the game.

1 Like

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but Iā€™d honestly rather have ToL than this Ninja event. ToL doesnā€™t really take that many flags since the event is over 4 days. You donā€™t have to finish all the stages in one day. Completing ToL stages is relatively easy for me and less time consuming than doing Ninja tower. I donā€™t have anywhere to use my WE anyways other than catching up on S3 hard mode and doing boring 8-7 farming for monster chest twice a day. Plus, Iā€™d rather do 10 tavern stages to get my 2 free summons in ToL than climb 50 ninja tower floors to only get 98 ninja coins. Iā€™d even say Iā€™d rather spend my gems in ToL than this ninja portal now that they increased the odds.

7 Likes

Despite ToL using WE and Ninja Tower using its own, I too would prefer ToL as it stands.
Although with ToL I finish it within the hour I turn my phone on and see it. So, for that fact, NT is ā€œbetterā€ for me, the fact I must spread it out over the days - even if I use all the flasks provided.

I have started to enjoy Ninja Tower a bit more now, since I discovered from completing stages you can gain free tornadoes, axes etc.

4 Likes

I agree ToL has better rewards and is a fun side project.

I guess I was just trying to express that game fatigue is catching up with this long term player too.

I think its at least in part the CONSTANT ā€œwantā€ mechanic, constantly flashing things in your face that make you want want want. Iā€™m happier doing the avatar missions, which are definitely less ā€œrewardingā€ but feels more like a choice I make for myself, and can do over whatever timescale suits me (which is pretty fast compared to average btw, but its MY choice to do it that way)

When I first started playing, we had WANT flashed in our faces maybe twice a month. Now it feels constant, which is taxing to me at least.

4 Likes

You can gain battle items from stage completion rewards? Or are you talking about the final rank rewards? B/c for the ranking rewards, you donā€™t get any valuable battle items until top 5000 rank or above. And no tornadoes until top 1k or above. Iffy considering that scoring high in tower is like 80% about luck.

Completion of a stage - tornado + arrow from stage 25: screenshot below in the post

Ah thanks, havenā€™t gotten that far yet.

1 Like

I am not sure what stages they started at to be honest, might be 15+ or 20+ or even lower.
I usually donā€™t really check loot and simply click next, to do the next stage. But that one was at the end of the rewards given, so it was noticeable, and more so that it was a tornado.

I totally agree with @Ati2d on this one.

One of the things I like most about E&P is that it is a CASUAL game, so a few minutes a day (maybe about on hour) should suffice to progress.

I play usually while I wait on someone, sometimes while taking a dump, etc.

Now it has become very time consumig, specially events like Ninja Tower (I have no problem with monthly events since most levels I autoplay) that make you spend a lot of time.

Personallly I donā€™t intend to finish NT, since I canā€™t accumulate energy until the weekend, when I can dedicate a little more time to the game, and yesterday I left a couple of flags unused.

I said this when they announced the emblems and their quests, if this game stops being casual, I will quit.

I hope SGG does take a step back and let us play in a more relaxed way againā€¦ stressing and challenging are not synonyms.

2 Likes

EP was launched in march 2017, I start playing in the last days of April.

1 Like

But if you are obsessive/compulsive, you do have to go on every ride. Or if you are personally competitive/perfectionist, or in a highly competitive alliance.

You may have a feeling that someone (a clan mate, a clan leader) is expecting you to do so. And to contribute your share of experiences (good scores in wars, good scores vs. titans, throwing harpoons, etc. To do these things, you probably have to compete in, and complete all events and challenges - and do well in them too, not just mail it in.).

It would be like having the parking lot attendant check at the end of the day if you went on enough rides (and successfully rode them to a performance standard) before youā€™d be allowed out of the parking lot gate. Or at least, whether or not your park admission ticket for the next day will be honored, or if the park will be closed to you because you are slipping behind the times.

LOL

Congrat, I choose to ascend 4 mana troops in all colors (except Red :grimacing:) So I have 3 4* mana troops at 11 and last one between 20 and 29. For my mono team I have a 4* def troop at level 7 except in green (level 23).
Now I am focused on ascending 5 troops 2* (attack) in each color for events. Once finished I will do the same with 3*. For 2* I am only using 1* troop. I continue to reserve 2/3* troops for my main 4* mana troop.

1 Like

May main account (Bubbles) retired last night along with the alts (DW & TW). After running a very successful group for 3 years it became apparent SG do not care one bit about what clients want nor need. They have a terrible track record communicating with their base, it will not change. I decided to cut my losses.

The past year was taxing and took a toll on many. We must have had a turn over of at least 200+ members this year, many quitting for good.
Most of us with L80+ accounts are fed-up with all the mundane tasks they dream up in order to get us to spend more. We canā€™t grow or get that elusive hero we need, boards are so bad that premium titan teams canā€™t even average past scores put up vs 12* titans albeit that we have super teams now.

This is not a game, itā€™s a taxing job that destroy RL. Itā€™s toxic. itā€™s not even been 24 hours and I feel like a mountain is off my shoulders. I will NEVER ever play any mobile game again. Back to old school console for me. Dusted of System Shock 2 and already have way more fun with a game that is over 20 years oldā€¦

7 Likes

Congrats! I am unable to do it.

Thatā€™s true for me too. Never. Mobile game are farming game, boring game. I would have never play such game on console or pc.

It would be the witcher serie on pc for me. So coooooool

2 Likes

It does! Iā€™ve been out for a few months now and tbh, at first I couldnā€™t believe how much time I had on my hands. The amount of daily hours I spent in Empires was pretty up there, considering it is just a game. Friends, family and colleagues all commented how I wasnā€™t forever reaching for my phone every 5 minutes after I quit the game. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not that unpopular to me :smile:

Truly, after playing some 12-13 flags of Ninja tower I can really do without it. It would take me two-three whole events to get one ā€¦ ONE ā€¦ summons. So NOT WORTH IT.

2 Likes

I blame POV.

Depending on rosters,
resources and crafting access,
Some players like @BoolzSan_CrewKNIGHTS can probably knock out 90% of the game content faster than 90% of the population.

So, like yesterdayā€¦ after clicking through 3 or 4 different advertisements to buy crap, I wasnā€™t overly excited to click on mystic vision.
Then there is a trial. And raid flags. And an event. And war. And tournament. And titan. And POV wants me to do some S3 levels. And POV also wants me to keep checking for ducks.
And then also Iā€™m knee-deep in leveling a crop of heroes. Emptying a TC2 thatā€™s got over 1,000 feeders in it, because Iā€™m running out of back packs.
Thatā€™s not exactly an enjoyable shuffleā€¦ unloading my TC 20, for ham so I can dump this TC2 and get these 5*'s. Oh finally thereā€™s those ^^^^^^^ ducks!

The amount of demand / time drain has increased! It was not like this 2 years agoā€¦

Yeahā€¦ itā€™s less fun and definitely more like a job thatā€™s taking money away. Costing time.

But POV has good rewards! Iā€™d rather go for 4* mats than trial emblems.
Soā€¦ now Iā€™m asking myself, what I donā€™t want to do! What I can skipā€¦

Once you start down that roadā€¦ how long before you just skip logging on?..

This game used to be casual. That was a selling point for me. Itā€™s cool that thereā€™s more content. And this tower is kind of fun. But man. I also, am finding it all a bit tiring

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been here for over three years now.

I started playing this game several months after losing my ability to walk. I needed something that was a good time waster, and I could use as stress relief, and a game like this was perfect for that.

Back then events hadnā€™t started, there were no wars, s1 heroes were the top of the heap, titans only reached 10*, and there wasnā€™t a whole lot to do aside from grind

Three years later, and I feel like itā€™s a job to play the game. The part I hated most 2.5 years ago (recruiting) is my favorite part now. The game has lost a lot of appeal, but the people havenā€™t.

I feel like thereā€™s a good balance somewhere out there, but if they donā€™t work towards that soon I think weā€™ll see a much larger exodus than we already have.

3 Likes