Rematch often picks new opponent

just wonder if anyone else hates when you click rematch and attack quickly and then realize the opponent has switched where is that reroll ? at brought the wrong team on more then one occasion

3 Likes

I just got a message that an opponent I clicked rematch on was online, and do I want to reroll. Yes! Looks like this may be fixed. Thanks!

1 Like

Maybe it was fixed before (I thought it was) but it seems to be happening again. At least to me. Just wasted a raid flag and lost 44 cups because I had the completely wrong team to face the opponent it gave me instead of the one i was rematching.

Why are you allowing a different team to replace a team when we hit rematch?

It may be that the player has come online and is no longer available

So it should say unavailable…not just reselect another opponent?? I’m sure that SG will say…well you should have looked first? But why would I when I hit Rematch?

Yes, it could be done better. It’s just how it’s been left since it was originally designed.

This has happened at least 5 times now and twice in the last hour and it selected teams that were a complete mismatch with the team I had up so I’m very unimpressed with this game at the moment and I’ve been playing for 2.5 years so very unhappy . I have 2 videos of both events tonight…how do I get them to you as evidence?.. I would like my lost cups back please… you owe me that for such a stuff up.

And I’m sure that will be the end of that…

You can still cancel it and go back to the watchtower for the rematch, you don’t necessarily have to fight the new opponent. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very true. But I think the underlying complaint is that “Rematch” should not entail having to re-verify which team you are fighting without warning.

And that seems like a valid complaint to me. The system warns you when you try to revenge someone who’s online. Why not do the same if a rematch suddenly becomes available?

@Petri this probably belongs somewhere on the things to be fixed list, since a quick search shows it bites a lot of us. Do you need a bug report submitted via the support system?

This is the most recent bug report on this topic:

(@zephyr1, @kerridoc, @rook, merge?)

3 Likes

Merged, thanks! :heart_decoration:

2 Likes

That’s not really correct. At one point it would tell you that the player had come online and do you want to reroll. Then a bug happened and the warning went away. Then it came back to working correctly and now apparently the bug has returned.

3 Likes

It seems that this a recurring problem! Going back to 2017 this has been an intermittent problem. It happened to me just a few minutes ago, no warning and I didn’t notice, attacked the wrong person.

It really sucks when you hit rematch and just want to get on with it to find a complete different opponent that your color stacking doesn’t work so well with.

1 Like

Just been bitten by this bug again. Would it be that difficult to add a warning “You can’t rematch that player”? Wouldn’t have applied in this case, since I definitely wasn’t at the boundary (only 30 ish trophies to be won) so I’d appreciate at least some acknowledgement of this as an issue.

This has been happening to me too. I thought that I was hitting the wrong button and it was my mistake but I’ve been careful about hitting the proper button and still wound up with new opponents.

This is a known issue. Looks like a newer thread got tagged with the “going to fix” info:

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [KNOWN ISSUE] Raid rematch reverting to reroll

Please continue discussion of this issue in the current version in the linked thread.