Remake Guardian Owl

Mana speed is just too slow. If he were adjusted to slow he might be viable but even then slow tanks are a bit problematic.

@Wharflord suggested that a cleaner implementation would be to have Owl’s mana generation increase by 10% per felled ally.

Has anyone tried what happens if Owl is the only defender? I wonder if he hits hard from the start then

I agree with you in principal in most situations, but Alby is the one healer I never ignore no matter where he’s placed, but especially in the corner. I hate seeing dead heroes revived (and I have him & he’s saved sooo many of my raids it’s not funny), so I use my Sonya/Perseus combo to counter him.

I also have Owl & I really like your idea of the mana speed/remaining allies mechanic. That kind of simulates the AW Revenge Bar & would make Owl a real factor as a raid defender. But for now, he’s relegated to use on AW attack team six until I level up my newly acquired Jackal & Justice.

1 Like

So… How can we make a proposal to SG Team Development?

They read the boards. Two of the three changes made in AW started here.

1 Like

And start liking the ideas you want considered; does get taken into account as I understand it.

1 Like

Ok, so let’s do it. Ty

Up! Like our college’s post about mana velocity dinamic

What about remake his skill?
Make a new one…
Think about it… He is a tank… One of the best tank… So his aim is to protect his allies. Maybe his skill has to be focused on defense. Something like to give X% defense and counterattack. Or special defense against dark… Or give the possibility to dodge attacks… Something like this.

He’s not a good tank as it stands now.

I’d welcome a remake but I’m not enthralled with the idea of taking what’s currently a unique skill and turning it into something we already have.

I do believe it needs some tweaking, but wholesale change seems awkward.

@Petri, or @Sara or anyone else from SG. What’s ur opinion about this topic?

Staff reads but doesn’t engage in these boards, aside from official communications.

1 Like

I was going to post that maybe something like this could change him to be a bit more valuable, then I scrolled up and saw your post. Seems like an easy enough change that it is worth a shot.

Now if they’d take that same approach with Leo and made him fast mana we’d be talking.

Leo at fast mana would be OP as hell haha, he’d have to get tweaked hardcore to adjust for that one. As is he’s already a better on defense than Musa and that would make him a more useful hitter for most content too.

You think he’s better than Musa on defense as is? This is a new one - I thought everyone hated Leo (and his younger bro Chao). I’ve always like Leo and have come around on Chao. I’m getting tired of not having a 4/80 yellow 5* and Leo sitting there at 2/60 :slight_smile: Luckily I have 2 4/70 Jackals to play with.

More appropriate stats, stronger heal, mana burn… yeah.

Granted I don’t think either are great choices, Musa basically needs to be flanking Ares to be good and that’s kind of a niche config at this point.

Will say about Chao, everyone hating him isn’t that useful of a metric: so few people really understand the mechanics of mana control even on this forum that Chao is pretty underrated.

*Everyone (like 4 exceptions) hated Ares too when he came out, look what happened there haha… also everyone liked LX and really outside of her attack stat, people have finally realized she’s not very good. Oddly *everyone said that about Wu too… everyone has been wrong a lot in this game just sayin ;).

Fair enough - I still think he could use a touch more to compete with say a Joon, but I do like him better now that he has the 40% mana burn.

I guess that…
I know they’re have already modified g.owl 's skill few upgrades ago, but it is not eniugh

Now G. Owl deals 235% dmg to all enemies plus 60% for each dead allies…I think +75% or even +80% would be better, at least to make him more dangerous when left alone on defense.

Maybe I am exaggerating, maybe not, any thoughts?

1 Like

I don’t think the damage is the problem. From what I’ve understood he doesn’t even get to fire most of the time because he is too slow (talking about defence). So it does not matter how much dmg he would do if he mostly does not fire.

2 Likes