Refine "Complete a Challenge Event" Valor Challenge to Provide Flexibility in Completing Path of Valor

The change actually makes sense, but this is important to point out. PoV tier 50 is for those who have been playing for awhile. Newer players cannot, and probably should not, finish it. If someone playing for 2 months can finish it, what’s the challenge for those of us playing for years? I said this same thing when everyone was complaining they couldn’t kill the final bosses in the emblem quest. There needs to be content for older players, man. It gets boring if all the content is catered for average level players.

And as far as legendary goes, the very first challenge event was Pirates back in fall of 2017. I remember beating legendary (it was called something else back then) with Tibs-Gormek-Boril-Hu Tao-Sabina plus 5 axes/bombs/dragons. Good times…

1 Like

This change still wouldn’t make it possible for someone playing for 2 months to complete Path of Valor.

They would have to complete literally every other Daily and Valor Challenge — and a player 2 months in would be extremely unlikely to be able to meet every single requirement for things like crafting higher-level Forge Battle Items, completing 105 Tournament Attacks, or completing Season 2 Special Stages in Provinces 10 or higher.

This isn’t about catering to average level players.

It’s about providing higher level players who play every single day with a choice on how they arrive at Milestone 50, that doesn’t force this one Valor Challenge to be completed as the only possible way to complete Path of Valor.

And players who do complete all of the Challenge Events (like me), are still rewarded Valor Points exactly like in the current system.

No benefit is removed from older players.

A few people (myself included) have suggested pairing this change with the addition of a “Bonus Milestone” — a reward that can be earned solely by 100% completion of all Daily and Valor Challenges.

That would be a good way to further motivate older players.

9 Likes

Awesome idea. I completed the Epic and Legendary levels because of the amount of emblems. I knew I wasn’t going to be able to all three because of the timing of the event. We own a restaurant and it fell.on Valentines Day weekend so very busy. I was able to get to level 7 of rare.

2 Likes

I love this suggestion!

5 Likes

Well thought out suggestions in this thread, I agree some refining would be highly regarded.

I missed out on joining this current raid tournament due to busy day at work… I was 4 raids off from completing that PoV challenge. The competitive nature within is seething with self disappointment but life goes on.

And where have all the ducks gone? Lol

I rarely see a dragon but taking one down would be a real challenge and should be worth 20,000 POV points (yeah right, dreaming!!!)

1 Like

You have my vote. I have been playing almost 1 year and the last Avalon challenge was the first time I completed all 3 challenges. I probably spend 2-3 hours a day either playing or reading the forums, so I wouldn’t say I’m a casual player.

2 Likes

I agree with the sentiment and direction of this post, but would like to point out that missing “Attack in war” stage 4 (2400 points), “Defeat titans” stage 5 (2200 points), and “Defeat heroes” stage 4 (2400 points) are also do or die.

As I surmised in another thread, I think this stringency will come back to bite SGG in the butt, because many people (like myself) are likely waiting to buy the Valor Pass until they actually reach level 50. As things stand, I’m likely to miss the last stage or two of “Summon heroes” and stage 5 of “Defeat titans” is also iffy at this point.

For future iterations, I would like to see the daily challenges award more points, or perhaps have more of them, so players who put in the effort to play and grind every day have a chance to top out.

There’s an important distinction that makes them not at all equivalent — because while those Valor Challenges need to be completed, none of them require 100% of all available opportunities to be completed.

War allows missing 24 out of 84 possible Attacks (28.6%).

Titans allows missing 17 out of 52 (32.6%).

And Defeat Heroes is profoundly minimal vs. available opportunity. You have 1200 flags during Path of Valor to kill 650 enemies. If you averaged 2 kills per Raid, you could still finish that while skipping 73% of your flags. And on top of that, Tournament kills count too, so you could Raid even less and still finish it.

Only Challenge Events requires completing every available bit of a game component.

The equivalent to the other Valor Challenges would be completing 4 or 5 out of 6 possible Challenge Events — and we’re not even proposing that, we’re proposing still needing to complete 6 out of 6, but making it so if you complete absolutely everything else, you can still finish.

The way to address that would be to go even further than this proposal does, and only require 4 Challenge Event completions for the entirety of the Valor Challenge (i.e skipping up to 33%).

That would bring it in line with War and Titans — as well as Tournaments, which allows missing 40% of possible Attacks as well.

6 Likes

Thanks Zephyr! Great write up of a well thought out solution. I didnt complete Legendary during Avalon, but it wasnt for a lack of trying.
I know I won’t complete PoV this time out, but I can still pull lots of great loot, and have a good time doing it. I’d prefer to score those sweet 4* scopes and rings, but I’ll get by for now.
In the meantime, I hope sG considers, and adopts your thoughtful suggestion.

4 Likes

Google translation added by @zephyr1

Good tip this. Because if you make a mistake in the challenge, there will be a prize that by the way is not so good. It could be a 5 * hero. A telescope or ring often wins in mystical vision without any effort.

Original (Portuguese)

Boa dica essa. Porque se errar no desafio haverá a premiação que por sinal não é tão boa. Poderia ser um herói 5*. Um telescópio ou anel muitas vezes ganhamos na visão mística sem nenhum esforço.

Please note that per Forum Rules, the official language of the Forum is English. You’re welcome to post in any language in Foreign Languages. In all other sections, posts must be translated to English before posting. Thanks! :slight_smile:

@Rafael1 welcome to the Forum!

As this is the third post you’ve made in Portuguese in the English-only areas of the Forum, please take note of this:

Please note that per Forum Rules, the official language of the Forum is English. You’re welcome to post in any language in Foreign Languages. In all other sections, posts must be translated to English before posting. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Yes please! I’ve never seen a “battle pack” type of event with such small margin of error. More ways to earn Valor points gives us more ways to climb the ladder and makes it easier for players at different levels to achieve the same goals.

1 Like

You could also make it a 5-tier challenge:

1. Complete 6 stages
  2. Complete 12 stages
  3. Complete 18 stages
  4. Complete 24 stages
  5. Complete 30 stages

This might be simpler to restructure the points for the other valour challenges - which would be necessary since the final tier of a 4-tier challenges is worth 2400 (wars/raids) and the final tier of 5-tier challenge is 2200 (titans). Another consequence of restructuring the points for a 5-tier challenge is it means that the 5th titans would also drop below 2000, which is another Challenge many have expressed concern about completing.

Assuming they don’t want to change the points system, unfortunately I can’t find an elegant solution to make it a 6+ tier challenge (and assuming one still wishes all 90 stages to be completed).

3 Likes

2 Likes

I’m all for this and complained the minute I saw this as a requirement. I have friends that can’t complete all the challenge events and I feel for them.

One other suggestion I would add to this conversation is that they could increase the daily quest values to say 150 each. That’s an extra 3750 points. You can then rebalance everything else around those extra points and make it so that you don’t need to finish challenge events.

4 Likes

I’m actually in this exact situation, normally I finish all 3 tiers with both my main and alt. But RL stepped in the weekend of Avalon and while I managed to complete it with my main, the alt only finished rare and epic…No rings for the alt! Very disappointed and has killed a lot of the drive to work POV with that account. There is now zero temptation to buy the pass.

3 Likes

This isn’t so much of a challenge, as it is something SG has designed for maximum failure potential. I’m extremely disappointed that SG thought this way of doing the POV was a good idea. I am a high-level player who plays daily. To have so little room for error, as well as be reliant on the rest of your alliance’s schedules and abilities to finish (AHEM “DEFEAT TITANS”), is unacceptable. Unless there are major changes to the POV, I won’t be purchasing the valor pass again, and I think I’m actually on track to reach the end. (Only time will tell - titans are the variable.)

I wholeheartedly agree with the changes proposed here, AS WELL AS SOME OTHERS to make it more flexible for players of different types. That would provide at least some value for money as opposed to thousands of players feeling like they’ve been ripped off, or stressed that they won’t complete it.

1 Like

You and your alliance only have to kill about 70% of titans over a 50-day period. This should not be a challenge for any high-level player in a correspondingly high-level alliance. If it is, maybe you’re not in the right alliance (in terms of high level of play).

Who forced you to buy the pass early on, especially when PoV is set up such that you can buy it at the very end of the 50-day period and collect all the rewards retroactively? You had 50 days to see how PoV is set up, what challenges it presents, and to see the feedback and analyses on the forum. You may have buyer’s remorse, but that’s on you, not on SG.

Even in my case, where I am pretty sure I can complete it easily, I still have not paid for the pass, just in case something happens on the way and I am unable to complete the events due to some unforeseen travel arrangements or disruption to my daily life.

1 Like

I’m a high level player who plays daily, spender, typically on many times a day, and I’ve done every part someone could of the challenge so far except I missed one challenge… when I realized that I had basically messed up on the one thing that determines if I can or can’t get 4 star mats I was more than a bit upset. I had no idea that I wouldnt be able to and had been dealing with some serious medical irl issues and had even went out of my way to find time in the last day to try to crunch all the challenges in… I was only able to finish two.

The lack of leniency on the event challenges is just ridiculous in my opinion and can screw any kind of player wether casual or competitive. Throwing away all of the other work given. Not to mention those who may not be able to complete all to begin with. :pensive:

2 Likes

Every part of POV challenge except missed one tier of event challenge*

1 Like