Reduced titan loot at 12h mark

We killed a rare 12* at the 12hr mark today and I got Reduced loot… you’ve got to be joking guys?!
13 hours since I rejoined Alliance… didn’t Merc elsewhere.

Screenshot_20190813-211116_Empires|243x500

2 Likes

From your screenshots I can only assume that titan was killed a few minutes after you made screen shot but this would mean killed within 11 hours. As you are blocked for 12 hours the loot is reduced. When you re-joined was the titan already online? If not how long did it take for the titan to spawn? Unfortunately not all facts are proofed by the the pictures you sent…sorry.

2 Likes

Titan hadnt spawned yet when he rejoined. Was still few hours out.(what’s the 12 hr rule?, i only know the chest one)

1 Like

That’s the point. You chest is blocked for 12 hours after you joined an alliance and during this time your loot is reduced. Wasn’t he claiming this?

1 Like

There’s a reduced loot tier (like an escaped titan) when joining an alliance different than the chest cool down. This was another move to limit mercing.

I think this is what he is referring to. I wasn’t aware of what the timer was but I believe if he was loot tier 12, he’s saying he received loot tier 6 or whatever when granted the rewards.

1 Like

So the greyed out titan chest doesn’t have anything3to do with reduced loot?

1 Like

Loot tier 6 or 7… can’t remember what the bumped me down to. No titan parts either despite requisite poons used for level one.

I literally jumped in and out if alliance for 5 minutes. Didn’t join another as they were full and didn’t use a flag on another titan.

This ruling for loot should apply to the same timer as the greyed out titan chest. I mean really - how are we supposed to keep track of this? Bloody stupid.

1 Like

Previous information about reduced loot telling about 20 hours not 12 but even if 12 hours is right You will have reduced loot for titan if you hit him early than is 12h after you join alliance. Not if you kill him in 12 hours. So if I understand it right and you do not wanna have reducet loot you cannot hit titan early than is 12h after you join alliance.

1 Like

I was 13 hours back in Alliance when titan died. Titan popped up about 2 hours something upon my return.

1 Like

@Snowdoggydogg You should submit a support ticket. There’s nothing that we can do on the forums to help.

2 Likes

Nope, greyed out titan chest isn’t related to reduced loot. See release notes for version 22:

If a player joins an Alliance after the Titan has already spawned, the player will get reduced loot from that Titan.

1 Like

I’m going to need more than my Masters degree to figure this out going forward.

Merc’ing should entail physically attacking a titan. I literally left and rejoined same Alliance in a 5 minute window. I 'merced ’ nothing.

SG fix this…

3 Likes

Titan was hours away from spawning when I rejoined.

1 Like

Thanks mate. Submitted.

1 Like

You can always check the reason for reduced loot tier from the Titan Hunt Results window (tap the question mark next to to the Reduced Loot Tier title). I hope this helps!

6 Likes

Not terribly helpful really.

1 Like

Only helps you after the fact really… which given there’s an actual timer counting down on the titan chest. It’s confusing as hell.

So you get recognition for killing and it counts towards your titan chest goal but we kick you in the shins on the loot anyways for some undisclosed, immeasurable period of time.

The reduced loot to curb merc’ing is currently being implemented in a rather regressive and awkward way with little nexus to actual merc’ing.

3 Likes

Here is it what Petri said.

3 Likes

He was in the alliance before it spawned and didnt recieve loot outside the alliance, it had been 20 hours since our last kill, and he didnt even join another alliance

So that little tab is useless

4 Likes

Thanks Boolz.

I’d think going forward an explicit timer by SG (like the greyed out titan chest) could help players understand that their efforts will not be rewarded accordingly.

The explanation of where you’ve gone wrong after the fact (20 hours?!) is a little like the traffic cop nailing you for some little known arcane county by-law that’s existed for 100 years since the horse and buggy times.

If they go through the effort on some things to make it visible to all and sundry that something is a penalty then they should apply it to all aspects of the game. With that said - it still is an awkward and ham fisted approach at trying to curb some advantage gained by merc’ing, which of course I didn’t do in this instance. A better approach can be obtained with a little more thought put into it.

5 Likes