Reduced Raid Tournament Loot During Work on Matchmaking [Developer Response in Post 334]

They felt like they gave out too much loot last tournament so they’re using their crap matchmaking situation to kill the loot.

Then they’ll raise the loot slightly when everything is “fixed”.

The loot will never again be anywhere near the rewards from the first tournament but will be more than the garbage tier they reduced it to so everyone will applaud SG even though they got boned. It’s a classic negotiation tactic and I don’t think we should fall for it.

4 Likes

If this is done then defense points need removed as well otherwise the distribution of attacks will easily become unequal.

2 Likes

At least when you do reroll, people can’t complain at all, you picked the one, whatever ended up is on you, don’t blame anybody.

There just can’t perfect matchmaking, people will always complain. Reroll is the most obvious and easy fix to this thing.

But reducing loot is just way over the line

1 Like

Actually there is plenty of blame to go around in a reroll.
Such as:
I am only rolling players that give too few points
I am only rolling players I can’t beat
I did not get attacked because everyone rerolled when they got me so my defense score is lower
I only got attacked by people who could beat me because of rerolls so my defense score is lower
I didn’t get attacked enough because of rerolls so my defense score is lower

Rerolls alone are not a great solution.

2 Likes

You still have a chance to reset your defeats for gems. Who will do that? For what? How many people will be in top? It was the only chance to get good rewards for your skill. Now it is another useless top with no rewards. Lets strike?:upside_down_face:

We all reroll on normal raids, and it’s fine. honestly if you complain about these on your normal raids you should find another game.

Exactly, they just wiped out the gem revenue from reset, why would anybody pay gems to reset for these garbage loots.

1 Like

Strawman argument.

Poster did not complain about those on regular raids. Those were all examples of possible complaints if a reroll is in place in the tournament. All of which, I agree, would happen.

Lets see how bad this idea is.
Some people think this was a great idea, but I think they are wrong and here is why…

The reduced loot is so bad it reduces the incentive to play for many. SO fewer people in each tier. so less loot all around

There is less incentive to reset with gems so less spending for SG

There is less incentive to level heroes or use emblems etc which could lead to increased spending for SG

VERSUS

Increase the loot until things are fixed completely.
Which will:
Give Incentive to play the tournaments.
Increase the number of people who may do things like reset level heroes use emblems etc that may increase spending for SG
Actually max out the tournament so it is fully tested and not risk reducing participation and that lack of participation does not fully test things out and provides false data for when they increase rewards later and more people participate.
Make people feel appreciated by the business they may chose to give them money

Its a win-win to increase loot such as everyone gets what was 5-10% loot guaranteed for participating and then 1-5% get the original loot and >1% get the original loot as well. Its a lose-lose for everyone by doing any reduction in loot.

I do say the reduced loot makes things a bit more fair if things go horribly wrong like they did the first time, but it was just the wrong way to achieve this.

Plus on top of this, the first tournament cost us all a war which costs us an AM roll and slowed down the war chest. So this is a total slap in the face and makes me feel like the AMA where they said they are trying to make more ways to obtain AM a bold face lie. When what they actually do is make it harder and harder to obtain AM but reducing the chances to get it, either by suspending wars every time something new comes out and by reducing loot when things go wrong.

Why would they take it away!!! Better loot makes everyone in the game happy. A rising tide lifts all ships. The players actually enjoy the game when they are rewarded for their efforts. It’s really that simple.

1 Like

Reroll is so random you get almost everything, just roll it find the one you wanna fight. There is no perfect matchmaking, period. I don’t care how smart your programers are, there is simple no perfect matchmaking. Letting people be able to pick their opponents is obvious the solution.

Breaking the game, in this context, means allowing people to rapidly ascend all their heroes. The game is intended to be a marathon, not a sprint.

But that dynamic doesn’t work for everyone. This certainly isn’t the game for people who want to be able to get all the good heroes fast and ascend them right away.

1 Like

With a good board, you can take down a team 1000 tp above you easily, bad boards, you can have your full maxed 5 star team with emplems losing to a low tp team. This game board luck rules, leveling heros can’t beat it. The pace of leveling heros are already set slow by food amount and feeder amount. The insanely low drop rate only make people give up and leave the game.

1 Like

Well, as an exception, I must say that I believe that SG in this case has succeeded. We see in this thread legitimate questions about the operability of the tournament. Except for the beta, as always, we can not know, until it is celebrated, to what extent to have a low bench, put a low defense team for that cause and have loose rivals, can be beneficial or harmful in the score. We do not know, nor will we know until it is celebrated, perhaps more than once, who benefits and what is the best tactic, so reducing the prize, so that it does not unbalance is the right option.

2 Likes

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion.

In my experience, skill dominates luck when it comes to raids. If you feel that luck is a huge factor in your outcomes, I’d advise going through some of the advanced guides on raid strategy and boning up on your tile play.

5 Likes

Your skill can never beat what tiles are coming up.

I’m sitting on 2500, 2600 cups at any moment like everybody, occasionally pushing to 2900, 3000 then get knocked down like everybody. Don’t tell me you know this game better than I do. It’s a great mobile game to kill time where everybody got a chance to win. I just laugh when people brag about their skills

That’s a very simplistic view. While the worst boards are unwinnable, the majority of boards that I see people complain about are actually playable. There are a great many things you can do to maximize your performance, and to prepare for possible sets of fill-in tiles.

Roster design is foundational. Team selection is very important. And heads-up tile play is crucial. Those three things strip a huge portion of the luck from raids and wars.

Again, if you’re feeling like luck is a dominant factor for you, I’d really encourage you to do some research into the materials on the forum (and some great videos on YouTube).

9 Likes

I’m not the one complaining about how big a factor luck is though. I’m open to other explanations for why you feel luck plays such a big role for you…

1 Like

Lol every aspect of this game is luck, pulling, boards, loots, you can let your skill get you every hero and endless loots, I’m done talking about this as this is irrelevant to our subject here.