Reduced Raid Tournament Loot During Work on Matchmaking [Developer Response in Post 334]

Shame on you Small Giant. You toy with our emotions so much by listening to our conplaints and improving the game and then you rip our hearts back out again.

If lowered loot for a few weeks rips your heart out, it may be time for a break. Your hobbies shouldn’t stress you out like that. :grimacing:

3 Likes

They said:

• The amount of loot given from Raid Tournaments has been reduced for the meantime.

Its nice to see some gratitude in this sea of complaints. I’m also happy with the temporary changes and the effort they put into improving the tournament. I had fun last week so I’m also looking forward to participating in this weeks edition.

4 Likes

I think it was a good move to lower the loot drops until the tournaments are functioning as intended. What was lame was 25% of the player base going 20-0 with 0 defenses and uneven rewards being handed out.

We had zero rewards before the tournaments were rolled out. So reduced loot tournaments until they are fixed is better than zero. They said the loot was lowered “in the meantime”, so I would expect the loot to return to its original form soon.

Patience.

7 Likes

You’re not wrong, but any top 100 player will tell you that this game is more than a game to them.

3 Likes

Im more interested on + and - of the new matchmaking and scoring.

(This loot crap talk will go nowhere and with no end; plus SG made a good thing reduccing the loot until they find a good matchmaking system)

3 Likes

I am not against reducing the loot an a TEMPORARY basis until they know the product works as intended.

The biggest possible fail on this update is the matchmaking change. Basing your opponents at the start of the tournament on your defense team will make sandbagging a legitimate problem.

I will reserve my final judgement (once again) until after the tournament plays out. I will also be fielding the best defensive team I can (having played competitive sports, I hate sandbaggers!).

I still think these tournaments will be one of the best features of this game, and I remain optimistic.

3 Likes

They shouldn’t have reduced the loot. I’d rather have a chance at good loot in an imperfect system, than no chance.

If they want us to be live beta testers, at least reward us for participating…

4 Likes

loot%202

10 Likes

I agree with you that the real problem was the high number of people going 20-0. I also agree that some rewards are better than the zero we got before, and in addition, I believe a good tournament would be rewarding for the fun of playing it, regardless of loot.

However, I don’t understand why you think reducing loot is a “good” thing. Even if the second time around, the tournament doesn’t quite work perfectly, why would reduced loot be desirable in that scenario? Best case, I get some extra loot. Worst case, somebody other than me gets some extra loot. Why should that second case be a “bad” thing? It’s only “in the meantime” as you say…

2 Likes

Exactly @magicbeard - more loot = good.

LOL. So, this is SG’s idea of compensation? Haha.

What a joke. So many companies do this right. Just terrible, SG. Where is the incentive to play this disaster of a “tournament” with NEW lesser rewards?

How exciting.

1 Like

People felt that no one should have got good loot last tournament and that would be the “fair way” to go about it

Wish granted

Moral of the story:
Be careful what you wish for…

29 Likes

I would not be in favor of having fantastic loot rewarded on a system based on broken mechanics. Especially when large sums of emblems are potentially rewarded. There is an advantage having more emblems than everyone else (just look at the outrage over emblem packs where only 10 are offered for 175 gems).

Fix the mechanic, then restore the rewards.

8 Likes

I agree the new matchmaking is the more interesting topic.

I don’t like the idea of penalising people with stronger defence teams by starting them off against stronger opponents. It might be better instead for everyone to start off against some sort of mid-range team, and then move up or down from there, with the weighting of defence team power vs defence team performance slowly moving towards the latter over a period of 10 battles say.

This may result in mid range teams being attacked more often than others, but as long as everyone is attacked often enough for the defence score to have some meaning, then I don’t think that is bad on its own. However, if that’s not possible, then perhaps the first match should be random.

At the end of the day, like all tournaments, there will be some luck of the draw. This is not avoidable. We can only aim to minimise it as much as possible. In the long run, this is a weekly tournament, and so there will be enough tourneys for the luck (hopefully, for most people) to even out in the long run. We’re experts in that type of thinking now right?

3 Likes

If emblems weren’t being rewarded, would it then be OK? Or are EHTs and 4* mats for other people bad too?

This weird reintroduction does not inspire confidence and makes me think that they know it’s still messed up but don’t know if they fixed it or how to fix it. Loot aside - what is happening?!?!

2 Likes

I just don’t understand why the devs of this game are so stingy. This is a virtual game, and more virtual loot for everyone doesn’t cost SG more money or labor. It’s not like, say, an ice cream shop giving away free ice cream which would create financial risk and a burden on employees.

I play another mobile game called Dragalia Lost, and they fling out free stuff all the time. SG should just give everyone in the tournament nice loot “in the meantime” and generate some goodwill.

2 Likes

Many of the same people complaining about the reduction were those who said “its free stuff” suck it up and enjoy that you got something for free. You didn’t have to participate. Be happy you got something for the 5 minutes a day it took you to finish the tournament… it’s strange that they don’t see their own hypocrisy.

It is still the same free stuff. It’s just less of it.

2 Likes