Reduced Raid Tournament Loot During Work on Matchmaking [Developer Response in Post 334]

Moderator’s Note:

Please stay focused on the topic of the loot reduction, rather than attacking others who have posted on this subject.

I updated it @Garanwyn, but I really didn’t see the “attack” on others. :man_shrugging:

I’ve gotten more ascension mats and emblems (the only things that matter) from the reduced loot than from 12* titans and alliance wars combined. Both of which require items and/or much more effort. Others have reported also getting them from poor placements (e.g. top 25%). But yes, like everything else in the game, nothing is guaranteed.

As long as the farmable 3* loot is in the pool, only having one roll is the issue. If it were back to the original loot you’d have to be very unlucky to not get something good.

As it stands now if you get a scabbard and 10 emblems and the guy next to you gets an Orb and 30 emblems… isn’t that not fair? So why not bring back the original loot?

I’m talking 4* ascension mats even. The original loot was easily 5x better than everything else in the game. I’m not sure it makes sense to ever restore it completely. Why even bother with anything else? Alliance wars become even more of a joke.

As for the randomness of the loot, I’d be fine with guaranteed loot instead of rolls… But that’s a separate discussion.

Thank you for making the edit. I really appreciate it. In the interest of clarity, referring to your fellow players as “whiners” and “crybabies” constitutes an attack. The golden rule applies here: if it’s a name you wouldn’t like to be called, the safest bet is not to apply it to others. :slightly_smiling_face:

What is the issue with the original loot being awesome? I’m hoping most people like playing the game, so they would continue to be in an alliance and fight wars/titans. As it is I felt like there wasn’t enough content this week without the tournament.

I guess I just don’t follow the reasoning behind not wanting an activity to award really good loot. Thanks for the convo.

1 Like

:+1: I felt like it was an accurate description - sorry :man_shrugging:

I’m hoping someone calls me out if I do that

1 Like

So after the first raid tournament fiasco, SG announced that loot would be reduced temperarely. We now are on tourney 8ish and a couple months have passed. Are we going to see improvements soon? I am not expecting the loot to go back to week 1, but in the top 1% you have a 2% chance at a 4* ascention item. That means if you get top 1% every week for a year you should average 1 asc item per year. That seems super low. Anyways, just curiois if we are getting close to seeing loot improved.

Thanks!

1 Like

It’s not yet clear when SG is going to restore loot to the original levels. But I believe, given the maintenance break that we’re currently in, that there are plenty of planned updates. It would seem unwise to restore loot, have another major hiccup, and then reduce it again.

3 Likes

Tournament is fairly new… take what the defense gives you. All u have to do is participate. Some loot is better than none at all. I’m just happy to be a part of it

2 Likes

Personally, I think SG should take reasonable time to fix the tourney, the question is where else can tourney of this large scale be tested and properly fixed, in beta? Within a very few participants? Well I doubt, that is why the first tourney was riddled with bugs in the first instance.
Now that the tourney is live and being fixed alongside, the best action required is to be patient and allow the Dev to put this great feature in the appropriate perspective if we intend to enjoy the feature in the long run.

No offense is intended, I see a lot of complaints but a very few progressive suggestion of solutions, if one is considered a stakeholder as a player enough to voice numerous complaints, then one should also jointly encourage the problem or issue to be fixed via a viable solution.

In this case, the dev had openly acknowledged the error and confirmed working to fix, if it requires time to fix, imo I don’t think it cost more than" time " to fix, so why not give them the time , after all every aspect of this game takes time.

3 Likes

FYI…

That update from Petri is a bit of a kick in the teeth to most players.
Loot will be increased for the top placements (i.e. the big spenders who moaned about less powerful spenders getting good loot in the first tournament). I remember when the loot was 1st reduced I said that I didn’t believe that they’d ever restore it to it’s original level and of course I was mocked by the usual SG apologists. But here is proof from their own mouths. The whole game is dying a slow death because the developers are only interested in a small proportion of the playing population but nothing will change for the good. Apart from the 5* tournaments and the last tournament that I wasn’t bothered with I’ve placed in the top 1% so I’m not just commenting out of jealousy. I simply believe that this is just plain wrong.

2 Likes

This massage is not FYI, it’s rather FY from SG to us.

2 Likes

I thought that the rewards for bottom 50% were overly generous in the original setup. My hope is that the 50-25% tier and above get a boost, not just the top 5% and above.

5 Likes

It’s rather going to be top5 and not 5%…

When SG will return to original loot for tournament?
This reduced loot to “fix” temporally sounds like a “forever reduced loot” =(

From that message, for all we know, they will be doing just the first phase of a loot increase.

Yea, it’s like I said, they didnt lower tournament rewards because matchmaking was bugged, they lowered the rewards because they were actually good and they never had intentions to increase them again.

But I suppose fanboys will still act like it’s okay

2 Likes