Reduced Raid Tournament Loot During Work on Matchmaking [Developer Response in Post 334]

You did not understand the posting of Loro. He or she doesn’t complain at all about losing four fights, but about the costs for continuing. While the loot was decreased heavily the costs for continuing stayed the same. And yeah, that’s a shame.

9 Likes

While I may not wish to spend gems to continue ( I’m out already for this tourney too :sob:), there may be those that find value in continuing and trying to climb higher.

It’s the same cost for continuing as every single other part of the game. This isn’t a new concept. Would he be happier if there wasn’t the option to continue at all? Don’t spend the $1 to continue if you don’t want to…

I found this an interesting choice of words

“This includes changes to the loot, which will be made better than it currently is once we are confident that it will be distributed fairly based on performance.”

Doesn’t say “will be put back to what it was originally”

9 Likes

Agreed. I read it as giving themselves wiggle room to adjust things a bit. But they have to know there’s going to be a lot of very angry people if there’s a big reduction vs. what they originally introduced.

1 Like

Tbh though the tournament loot is so much better than all other loot in the game. Doesn’t really make sense for the effort required…

I really hope that the developers don’t listen to posters like yourself. What’s wrong with having better loot for a change?

1 Like

Then they need to adjust the other loot sources. Currently, it makes the those other loots feel even worse than they already do.

1 Like

I agree with you there. Drop rates for all loot should be increased. Not to a crazy level but better than they are now

1 Like

I think that a lot of people should take a deep breath and think a second before they moan. Yes, tournament matchmaking is flawed, but this is being worked on. In the meantime, loot is laughable, but so what? It’s a new feature, fun to play and free to participate. If you don’t like it: don’t join it in the first place.

Yes, it’s indeed a shame that aw are being shut down for a while as sgg works on the tournament problems, but seriously: it’s not the end of the world.

3 Likes

yes tournament loot was reduced but look at the bright side, we now have missed out on 2-10 points toward war chest

2 Likes

3-15, but who’s counting.

2 Likes

Just a friendly reminder that personal attacks are against the forum rules. Please focus on debating ideas rather than people :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

No surprise that anyone who’s been on the lucky end of the bad matchmaking would be upset at reduced loot and wouldn’t want matchmaking fixed.

A gradual increase in loot as matchmaking slowly improves would be nice, but realistically we can probably expect a single increase when SG believes it’s working as intended.

If they aren’t “made better” by bringing them up to the level they were released with, just scrap it.

3 Likes

Right now the significant matchmaking problem is that some people have very few defenses, especially on the first day. The “lucky” ones with respect to this aren’t going to get top loot without a good attack run. Rest assured, if my attacks hold up and I end up in top 1% despite unfortunate first day defense, I’ll be complaining about the unfairness of my prize vs those in the 1% last time.

@Sara I’m guessing that the fixes involves to revamp the line up / bracketing (if is there any) process.

If you have 1 million players signed to do the event… well, you gotta break into small groups and made everybody in that group fight everybody. So by the end, everybody has the right to fight 20 matches and will potentially be attacked 20 times. There’s some other ways to make it fair which involving crossing groups of different power, but everybody has to suffer the same amount of attacks since defense also gives points.

Its just a matter of making the matching algorithm being capable of select 21 people per group with similar power and distribute the attacks so that everybody and that group receives the same amount of attacks, this should be the baseline at least…

The loot nuke was way too high, it’s so pathetic now its not even a due payment for the people taking part to help you develop this feature. It should have been left at a reasonable level, who cares if some nubes or endeserving get it. We all deserve a break once in a while. Bum move by devs and SG.

Hey man I am sorry for you. You really gave an awesome feedback with a well thought process. Maybe some can’t be done because of reasons, but it really seemed good. Too bad SG is dumb or dont care and even if you did the work for them, they will never implement anything you said.

Good luck on your job in real life and I hope you care less for them, they don’t deserve.

1 Like

Perhaps SGG needs to stop trying to put different decorations on the unmitigated failure that is the pvp system?

Alliance Wars - failure
Raid Tournament - failure
PVP Ranking - meaningless and manipulatable

Try focusing on the story content. That’s actually decent. For the once a month that we get a dribble of new stuff.