Reduced Raid Tournament Loot During Work on Matchmaking [Developer Response in Post 334]

These work analogies don’t really apply. or I don’t know, maybe you would go to work even if they didn’t pay you…but most people work because they have to. You play games because you enjoy them.

If you enjoy the raid tourneys then playing them, filling your raid chest and getting some bonus loot is a good thing. If you enjoy the game, then working with the developer to make it work better should be another reward, since it will be more enjoyable.

playing != working its very much the exact opposite thing for most people.

3 Likes

I don’t know. As a paying customer I expect a certain quality of product to be released. Not end up being a beta tester. Glitches happen, yes. Did they know about the glitch in tbe beginning? Yes. Did tgey do anything at the time to rectify it? No. Are they now punishing and forcing their player base to now test if for them for little to no reward? Yes. Is this a problem for most? No, but it should be.

The work analogies are actually great, especially with the point being made of “Do you work for free?” Answer is absolutely not, nor do I expect to be a guinea pig on a product I’ve paid for when I am not in beta as a volunteer.

Put it back into beta till there is actually something to work with and everything will fall into place and we may just have a great addition to this game.

2 Likes

I think your assessment is spot on, but I really dislike the decision by SG. People shouldn’t be mad that others are getting good loot, but rather that they themselves aren’t getting the loot they deserve. Reducing loot for everyone only makes that worse. Now no one gets the loot they deserve. I’d rather have a small slice of a big pie than a big slice of a small pie. I don’t care if the relative distribution of loot among players is perfectly fair the first time around. There will need to be a number of changes to matchmaking as we understand the flaws in the current system. SG shouldn’t penalize all players for an imperfect system.

14 Likes

I think a lot of players share your train of thought, myself included, but I understand why they felt they had to lower the loot. The problem is that the crowd outraged by the loot distribution was screaming the loudest.

2 Likes

So, how many are upset about this but will still play? How about not playing in the tournamnet? The prizes are not worth it. It’s a joke.

1 Like

I hope the loot in this is worthwhile, and that when the tourney is fixed the loot for the top 1% is as good as it was.

IF the tourney was fair, I think the original loot structure was pretty good. It provided something for participating and great rewards for excelling. With the randomness typically expected.

Way better than challenge event loot as it stands with almost nothing of value except for the top .0001~.001% besides the completion bonus.

Way better than the war loot and war chest loot which is kinda underwhelming, given how much more effort war takes than titan hits do.

The issue was that the tourney ranking was so flawed that loot tiers were semi-randomized in the first run. And the disparity between tiers is high enough that that’s really unfair.

I’d suggest nearly zero difference between top and bottom tiers, or at least a between adjacent tiers. Kinda like the tiny difference between titan loot tiers. Jump up 10 tiers and you notice, but jump up 1-2 tiers and you can hardly tell.

There should be a reward aka a reason to participate, and a reason to care if you succeed in the tourney … if results don’t matter at all, it isn’t a good test since players won’t bother playing or trying…but a huge random benefit isn’t like the last one isn’t good either.

4 Likes

I’m against the loot reduction. Don’t know what they want to achieve.

1 Like

Think the best part of this whole thing:

People have complained about the way event rewards are since the beginning of events, yet they still got nowhere near the controversy these tournaments have…

Do i think reverting tourney rewards to event style rewards is the right answer? Not exactly but still find the whole thing a bit ironic

3 Likes

First impression, everyone moaning a lot. Checked out the loot odds in the game… Bloomin eck is that a lot of a reduction! A devs explanation/clarification of what this means and a timescale would be appreciated @Petri… We’ve gone from tons of loot to a dodgy diamond chest.

There was a surprising amount of moaning for what was essentially a bug in the first tournament, and a lot of toys were tossed from prams unnecessarily. But I can’t make sense of the response. Either put tournaments back in beta, back in dev, or release it as it should be.

1 Like

They have to test it in gen pop

Not doin so is what lead to a lot of the issues

Beta had nothing but good things to say about the tournament

Then it hit gen pop and all the issues showed up, which means that tossing it back in beta is a waste of time

Reduced rewards to keep anyone from randomly getting too much of an edge that players were mad about last time is probably the right move

8 Likes

It’s a fair point Rigs. Just wish they’d say that and maybe elaborate a bit :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So, you want to tell me , that this changes are good? I just can’t understand one thing. I haven’t got from previous 1%top loot any 4* item. But rewards were worth my diligence. The main problem in this game - top players (donate) and items distribution. If i will donate a big amount of money to get heroes i want, i can not raise them because of lack items 4*. This tournament was an opportunity to get 4* items more often. Just an opportunity. They’ve cut rewards, and this tournament is now on not differ from raid mission? Is there any promises to bring loot back as it was? No. So why we should compete for grey tokens? Why should i spend time for tournament, which will give to me nothing worth?

1 Like

Stupid solution.

20 characters.

1 Like

This is part of a bigger question. Nerfing the loot by so much to make people question why should they bother can be quite dangerous for the developers. If people keep questioning why should they bother with different aspects of the game due to poor returns the more likely this game will diminish and eventually die.
The raid tournament is a great idea and I don’t mind that we’ll have to play different iterations to iron out bugs but there should be some return.
The original loot tiers were so welcome compared to the normal loot that we’ve become used to.
As I said in an earlier post, giving everyone an extra rare quest this week would go a long way to retaining the goodwill of players. There is precedent for that.

1 Like

Of course I would not want the system to be kept in place at work.

I would suggest that, while my boss was working out the system, the $80,700 and 185 chits be split more equally, with only slight differentiation for performance while he/she wasn’t sure that performance was being measured properly. I would NOT suggest that everyone’s pay be cut by half and the rest of the money be thrown away.

At the end of the day if this is temporary it won’t matter much and the complaints here are overblown. However, they could have handled things in a less abrasive way by adjusting relative rewards rather than absolute levels. This would have less push-back, and if its only for a few weeks, then it wouldn’t really have impacted game balance much.

The same point goes for the players too of course - if we remember its just a game and this is just a few weeks, we’d realise there is much quality-of-life benefit from simply not giving a *.

Here is why you should bother… Free to enter. 5 free flags to fill your raid chest. That alone makes it make sense to enter.

2 Likes

I completely disagree. I will not take apart in this. They have just made free flags instead of exciting tournament.

2 Likes

If you want to do nuclear style nerf at least give us some nugets and dragon bones, not the 10000th comon herb or other useless crap. Well i guess on the flip side they nerfed their gem revenue.

2 Likes

They made it not even worth leveling otherwise useless heros.

3 Likes

I never said that I would play it but I’ll only be doing it to help fill raid chests. But others on here have said that they wont. People are leaving the game because of issues like this. I just hope that they fix things soon.