Reduced Raid Tournament Loot During Work on Matchmaking [Developer Response in Post 334]

I just don’t understand why the devs of this game are so stingy. This is a virtual game, and more virtual loot for everyone doesn’t cost SG more money or labor. It’s not like, say, an ice cream shop giving away free ice cream which would create financial risk and a burden on employees.

I play another mobile game called Dragalia Lost, and they fling out free stuff all the time. SG should just give everyone in the tournament nice loot “in the meantime” and generate some goodwill.

2 Likes

Many of the same people complaining about the reduction were those who said “its free stuff” suck it up and enjoy that you got something for free. You didn’t have to participate. Be happy you got something for the 5 minutes a day it took you to finish the tournament… it’s strange that they don’t see their own hypocrisy.

It is still the same free stuff. It’s just less of it.

2 Likes

You can’t introduce that many changes to software that fast without meaningful risk. It almost certainly will still have some issues. My guess is iteration 3 or 4 before all the bugs are ironed out.

2 Likes

This is literally the worst solution to the problem. I hope SG does realize this is just a mobile game for people to kill time with. Nobody has to have this in their life. Being insanely stingy like this about some virtue telescopes or rings is just beyond my comprehension. Only more and more people will leave the game and you can keep your scopes and rings to yourself.

3 Likes

I hope people realize this is just a mobile game for people to kill time with.

Both sentences make sense to me.

But literally, though?

4 Likes

2% 4* mat? 30 emblems? You say reduced for the moment. How long will they stay this way?

1 Like

I really liked the first tournament but I’m disappointed to see the new loot tiers.

If it’s temporary while it’s being fixed, I have no problem with that.

And I just like playing, so even if it was 5 free raids I’d play just for fun and a challenge of the new rules system.

But it would be nice to be excited by a few baubles and fewer silver tokens.

@Petri, I’ll add my voice to a request for some clarity, please - is this a work in progress or the new normal?

@kayo, you’re working overtime buddy! I’m going to raise your pay by 10% and twice the dog biscuits

8 Likes

This is such an a$$ backwards way of fixing a problem if I ever did see one.

Honestly this doesn’t inspire confidence. Although it’s funny because you know it’ll be spun as “but we listened to you so you can’t complain” when truth is they took the feedback that would most benefit their pocketbooks once again. Sigh.

2 Likes

I applaud the loot reduction…100 emblems was ridiculous for a random undeserving lucky recipient.

In this case they were not stingy, players were stingy.

We all win 20 raids but you get 100 emblems and i get only 5. That’s not fair.

So Small giant decided pretty much to give all the people 5 emblems. Fair.
100 emblems each would be unreasonable, seriously.

Honestly, i wouldn’t mind have another tournament and get 5 emblems this time for 20 wins, and another person 100 for the same result.

I know, i’m a terrible person.
I’m sorry.

3 Likes

Just add reroll and get over with, you pick your own components, how hard it is to do this?

1 Like

I’m not interested in whether this is a temporary solution with spoils, my reaction is immediate due to the scarce spoils from today my budget for the game is 0 (zero) $$$

2 Likes

Reducing so dramatically the loots doesn’t inspire me confidence. It’s seems that they are still testing out the tournaments and in case it doesn’t work out properly again, the impact of RNG, regarding loots, wouldn’t be so huge as it was in the first tournament.

Anyways I hope they are bringing tournaments to the right path and make them interesting to play.

2 Likes

Fix matchmaking and the rest takes care of itself. The problem is that they’re trying to create a new way of scoring for a tournament format (so it isn’t the raw score of challenges or the ELO system of raids) and make short tournaments as well.

Not sure what they can do about it if they want defense performance tied to determining attack values, which is where the problem is.

I mean, if they really wanted to commit to defensive scoring, make it so that the defense is responsible for generating 60-70 percent or something of the total tournament score through various factors (length of match, level of team defeated, remaining heroes/health, specials used, etc). Attacking then is important but not the only thing.

It’d take care of the looming sandbagging issue because then I’d have incentive to play my strongest team.

I will not take apart in tournaments with such terrible loot. There is no wish to compete for summon token.

This game all depends on board and the heros you have anyway, it’s not a skill based game to begin with. It’s a good time killer like a mobile game should be, just let people have tons loots and level their heros, so they are happy to buy more heros you are trying to sell. big woopy.

3 Likes

What does “breaking the game” even mean? You’re at the mercy of random events for nearly every aspect of the game. If someone pulling Guin on one token isn’t considered a broken game, I don’t know what else could be.

1 Like

Screenshot_20190409-182551_Empires
please tell me this is an error…
if its not its just not worth the effort playing.

3 Likes

@zephyr1 @Kerridoc @Rook mergy mergy

1 Like

In 99% my loot is crap, so this change doesn’t really hurt me (I’m just sad beacuse this was good way for AM).
I hope old loot will back, I don’t need second monster chest

1 Like

Cookie Settings