Reduced Raid Tournament Loot During Work on Matchmaking [Developer Response in Post 334]

but lowering the loot may still be “unfair” they didn’t really explain it.

If they made every tier give the same number of emblems gems and AM then that is one thing but if some tiers still get more rewards and the system is still bugged and those bugs lead to things being distributed improperly then they did’t solve the complaints and will just get more.

Where as saying increasing the loot for all and giving everyone the same gem, emblem and AM rolls save maybe the top 1% get a little extra, then no complaints, everyone feels rewarded, we really test out the system and everyone makes out

2 Likes

I guess you’re right, my assumption could be wrong. I made this assumption because the previous raid tourney did not appear to take in to account the defense team strength in the bonus, and it was not mentioned in the changes that it now does.

I hope I’m wrong, but rereading the changes, I still have the same interpretation.

EDIT: they say in the change log that TP now plays a part in matchmaking. There is no indication it plays a role in the defense bonus

4 Likes

At least if the system is still not ideal this time (which given the concerns even stated in this topic already is likely), people will get “unfairly” just a ‘tiny advantage’ and not a ‘serious advantage’.

They still want us to play it seriously and not fool around so they need to make rewards for winning.

2 Likes

I am quite sure that “in the meantime” is a synonym for “forever” again. As always SG will just hope that players forget that there was a time with better loot.

8 Likes

well i guess its a difference of opinion on why people would take it seriously or not. I would take it more seriously if the loot was increased. I admit others may be more inclined with reduced but I do not understand their reasons

3 Likes

Just went and looked at the loot in the tourney section… disappointed for sure.

3 Likes

Wow. That really is painful. 1% for 4* for 1-5% and 2% for top 1%. Ouch. Slapped.

2 Likes

Why,why,why?
Why do you complain about the loot…the loot in the tournament was the only thing that made it worth time,otherwise it’s just 5 extra raids…so what if someone else got better loot while i got rocks and roots…next time it will be the other way around…i’m happy to see that other people get something(especially my alliance members since we grow together as a team)…it means that good loot is still out there…so please leave the loot as it was

12 Likes

I’m choosing to look at what I am getting instead of what I’m not. Even with the reduced loot, we’re getting a new feature that, while buggy, has promise. We’re getting loot that we wouldn’t have gotten otherwise, even if it is low for now. And most importantly (for me in the short term), we’ll have a much easier time filling raid chests.

So, yes, more loot would always be nice, but we’re not getting nothing from this “expanded beta”

5 Likes

E+P that’s ridiculous! You ruin your raid event before it starts properly!

7 Likes

I’d rather compete in an interesting, fair and challenging tournament for no loot at all than having big prizes given out at random.

The announcement of changes looks quite promising to me.

6 Likes

and see…
LOL
this is what I expected

So please play test/beta test this bugged system for little to nothing.

And so the complaints will begin

2 Likes

The complaints will begin regardless.

No one’s forcing anyone to participate though, so hopefully all the complainers will not participate and the complaints will be less after this initial outburst :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Real serious question is:
5 days of waiting for this?
Really bad.

7 Likes

@mhalttu

Could we please receive an explanation why the loot was reduced and what the meaning of the word ‘meantime’ is in this context?

The raid loot seemed very generous in the beginning, why would it be cut so harshly before it even started? And again, as in beta several times before, i ask for an improvement of the participation reward. Please consider rewarding dragon bones or nuggets, as they are so hard to find anyway.

6 Likes

I laughed so much about this. This is what I talked previously about working for free for SGG, do you get it now @zephyr1?

Do you think its better now @Kamikaze_Assassin? LOL

2 Likes

Now it looks like rewards for Top 1% are actually less than 5 Titan chest rewards (which you can quite reliably get at approx the same rate, once per week).

I hope they didn’t “fix” the feature for filling the raid chest with tournament raids, or else it’s really just like 5 more raids a day with little to no rewards.

5 Likes

Probably won’t bother participating now. Too much extra work for loot about equivalent to a monster chest.

4 Likes

So it seems like loot is 10% of what it was.

3 Likes

:exclamation: next update: won fights are no longer counted to the hero chest :joy:

3 Likes