Red Hood — experience to date?

We were all excited with Red Hood when she first came out, but I haven’t seen her much in raids or wars. Mine is getting close to 3/70, and I wanted to check in here before giving her rings.

Are people with Red 4/80 happy with her? When are you using her?

I dont have her
I usually face Gravemaker all the time in raids but not her
Only once her power really screwed me up keeping everyone alive
Also curious to hear from those who have her
Grave will be my next ring bearer

I have Ares, Marjana and GM at 4/80, Natalya at 3/70, and Red at about 3/55. So trying to deceive between rings to Natalya or Red.

I am also curious, I just ascended gravemaker, chose him instead of Marjana, but am raising Red Hood at least to 3/70,and will have to decide between her and Marjana

1 Like

I got Nat 4/80 and she is worthed, though she also hits well at 3/70 still reducing 50% mana

Nat has won many raids by herself, dont know if Riding Hood would do that (but she’d keep my heroes alive…maybe?) plus Nat is the number one enemy of Zeline and Alby

I am waiting on 2 rings for GM but I definitely don’t regret using the first 6 on Natalya, her mana control with 800 DOT damage plus fast mana is def incredible

1 Like

I’ve seen Red in a few defense teams in platinum tier, and she pairs really well with either Delilah and/or a Thoth tank in that regard due to the constant stream of minions making it difficult to inflict any damage. I fear Red far more than Natalya, Marjana, or GM on defense.

I don’t have her, though, so I can’t comment on her offensive usefulness.

2 Likes

What mana effects exactly do her foxes protect from?

• Direct reduction like Li Xiu or Chao?
  • Reduced mana generation like Little John or Alasie?
  • Mana blocking/redirection effects like Merlin, Hansel, Cabin Boy Peters?

Guess healers are still more valuable overall.

And you already have marjana.

I think it’s just the first, I.e. direct mana reduction from Guinevere and Li Xiu, or similar that we might see in the future. Defense against Guinevere is a non-trivial use case, given that half the war defenses I see these days have Guin front and center.

Funny discussion. Did I miss it or does nobody got Red Hood in this thread?? Me neither and I also did not face her in raids or AW. So I guess she is not as helpful as defense as expected?

1 Like

Just the guestion i was about to ask. I know Red Hood fox minions make Chao and Li Xiu skills useles. But also i was wondering if foxes can resist Gretel and Hansel too.

Does anyone know? I find Red Hood to be my absolute best hero. I find her more worthy for last ascension over Azlar, Marjana, Elena and Gravemaker. Red Hood is my tank… she’s the best. Period :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, the foxes do not stop Hansel, Gretel, Merlin, Hel, Alasie, Natalya or other similar specials. The foxes only prevent the actual removal of mana by a special, which currently means Guinevere, Leonides, Chao, Li Xiu and Carver. Guinevere is the big one.

(Added Leo to the list; thanks, Dante)

3 Likes

Don’t forget Leo. he’s decent now.

3 Likes

Red was my first maxed 5-star.

• She prevents mana loss, but not applied effects that deal with mana (Little John / Hansel / Merlin…)
  • Her Fox minions have 14% of Red’s HP… so the stronger Red is the bulkier the foxes (214ish health per minion when maxed, troops can affect this by increasing red’s HP).
  • The minions also heal for 7% of Red’s Health every turn… so again the higher Red is the more they heal (100-ish per minion per turn, troops on Red can also affect this by increasing Red’s HP, and troops on the ally can affect this by increasing their healing received).
  • Red is an unbelievable powerhouse in map levels and quests… her minions make is possible to boost each ally’s health by over 600 and heal over 300 per turn when stacked.
  • In raids/war attack she is the perfect counter for a Guenevere tank.
  • In raids/war attack she is not about striking hard and fast to take out the enemy before their specials go off… she is about surviving the enemy specials so your own other hero specials can wreak havoc.
  • On defense, her minions instantly mean you have 200 more damage you need to do to each defender, and if you don’t take those minions out the damage you already did will be erased.
  • She is not a “must take out first” defensive hero, but she’s up there.
13 Likes

'Nuff said :slight_smile:

Would your prioritize Gravemaker or Marjana? I have both, and I’m not sure which to ascend first. My other reds are Gormek, Guardian Falcon, Scarlett, and Lancelot.

Gravemaker if you can take him to final tier.

While Marjana is a great Sniper, Gravemaker is one of the “Have to kill first” heros… one of the biggest threats.

I’ll take on teams with Marjana all day. Gravemaker is one I might avoid.

5 Likes

I disagree. Grave is lame, easy to kill even when maxed. I don’t rush against him. He’s not that big of a threat that i should prioritize him over the others. Many say he is dangerous but i have opposite experiences.

And about red hood… Her not being “must take out first” hero is where you got it all wrong friend. She definetly is “must take out first” hero coz if she gets her foxes running, it’s all over. Especialy if you poor fella got into a position where she fires her second set of foxes, then you just might want to hit that “escape” -button upper right screen coz there’s no hope anymore. All is lost :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How many blues do you take when you see him in raids?

Zero actually. And yes i’m honest. My raid team ALWAYS is:

1. Red Hood, Azlar, Wu Kong, Vivica and Merlin
    Or
  2. Red Hood, Azlar, Boldtusk, Wu Kong and Merlin

Those are my raid teams usually. There might be some ocasions when i try to attack blue tank with Yunan and Horghall but usually i don’t.

1 Like