Recruitment chat, not in global chat

Do you hate global chat because of all the spammers trying to recruit? Vote for a 3rd option for recruiting where members looking for an alliance can read about the alliances recruiting. Then, block the spamming recruiters from global chat.

4 Likes

I think a good solution to this would be improvements to alliance search, where you could seek out an alliance, or perhaps even read about them, and decide for yourself on a place to join.

Thereā€™s a master thread for collecting ideas, comments, and votes on that:

(@Kerridoc @Rook @Coppersky Possible merge of topic or closure with redirect to thread)

There are also two other existing places that work more akin to what youā€™re suggesting:

3 Likes

I hate it more for the regulars than for the random recruitment messages.

3 Likes

It actually already exists.

6 Likes

Yes, and yet all the recruiters continue to spam the General chat. Maybe if it were better, the recruiting alliances wouldnā€™t use the GC.

3 Likes

I guess Iā€™m confused. If you already knew it existed, why did you ask people to vote for its creation?

And in what ways would you suggest making it ā€œbetterā€ so that people no longer choose to post ads in General too?

As far as why people still use General for recruiting, my guess is most people just donā€™t bother to check to see if thereā€™s another option.

2 Likes

There are options to block and/or report players, though I find the reporting to be a little too much merely for being obnoxious and spamming.

So I just block themā€¦problem solved!

It spammed now. It was to hard to maintainā€¦sorry. The ads are still there

2 Likes

Well, I appreciate the effort you made in starting it. At least people can still browse the ads.

2 Likes

Yes, I did know, but not many people who play the game knows it exists. The constant spamming of ā€œjoin usā€ does not make someone want to join your alliance. If there was a place for people to browse alliances by traits or something or a better searchā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s a really good suggestion. If you havenā€™t yet, Iā€™d encourage you to go to the Ideas and Features post that @zephyr1 linked above, vote for it, and then add your ideas about what would make such a search most useful for you.

SG really does look at those ideas, and theyā€™ve already implemented several.

1 Like

People who spam in General for recruiting also spam in AR as well. I normally start in AR but if it is slow day in there then I will move over to general to try to find people. Recruiting in this game is horrible mainly cause there are way to many alliances. Any Tom ā– ā– ā– ā–  or Harry who has played the game for 20 minutes to make it to level 4 and has 50 gems can make an alliance which just adds to the recruitment spam.

2 Likes

There should be an extra chat for recruiting new people rather than flooding the global chat it would be nice to be over there see more than just join my alliance flooded and spammed over and over. Also there should be a way to open a chat in an alliance for leadership discussions and things of that nature.

1 Like

There already is a recruitment chat:

2 Likes

Wow Iā€™m blind I never noticed. You could be set up to be more noticeable

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure why the room change button isnā€™t more obvious. Iā€™m guessing SG was trying to cope with the limited screen real estate.

2 Likes

So all new players that login & donā€™t know to block, find it just as obnoxious as everyone else then leave had their problem solved? Sure but the gameā€™s problems just grew to losing players due to that lazy, selfish, ignorant mentality. Great work ā€¦ Anesthesia indeed ā€¦ ZZZZZZZZ

PEDRO said it correctly. Alliance leaders actually advocating this utterly obnoxious nonsense are responsible for their inferiorsā€™ conduct. It shows your supposed leaders are nothing more than selfish, incompetent fools, given IDK a solitary person on the planet that actually enjoys SPAMMING morons. You people ruined your own game by your negligence. No wonder a good many of your reviews are negative in increasing measure.

I donā€™t bother with it! Not worth your time blocking 10 20 people every 5 mins! It will never change!

Most lvl 4 players or other new players donā€™t know to navigate past General chat. They seek out alliances there and AR (Alliance Recruitment) doesnā€™t even see them; so indeed AR is full of recruiters sharing ads with each other :smile:.
Maybe SG could program a tutorial that is triggered upon 1st use of the Alliance button to show how to use the chat rooms.

1 Like