Recommendation: Atlantis Rises needs time extension

First of all: there are already several other threads here in the forum that dealt with the topic of the duration of Atlantis Rising. However, I think that the topic is just now becoming relevant again or is more relevant than before. After SG had focused on other things for a while, now more and more costumes are coming to Atlantis and I even heard rumors of brand new heroes arriving. So there is hope that SG might also be interested in restoring the original length of Atlantis Rises again, making their hero offerings visible for a longer period of time.

I don’t think I need to elaborate on how much an extension of the event is wanted and, more importantly, needed by the players. Atlantis Rising consists of two parts:

1. The world energy cost is reduced by 3 and you get + 50% more loot. This is the most important part, the part we desperately need.
  2. There is a small chance to earn Atlantis coins in Atlantis Rising as well. This is also a very nice thing. If this is a problem in the renewal, I can recommend simply setting a limit, as is already the case with Season 3’s gnomes.

More than 400 players from the community here on the forum have voted to increase the time of Atlantis Rising again. You can read about it here: “Shorten Tavern of Legends in favor of restoring Atlantis Rises farming time”.

Also, since this event is important to many, if not all, players and you are relying on playing as many stages as possible here, it would be extremely helpful to put it back on a weekend. This could be realized without any problems.

The following events don’t actually require a reserved spot on the calendar, but can run in parallel with other events:

• Mystic Titan
  • Soul Exchange (it would be incredibly nice if this event could appear monthly, if only to increase the hero selection)
  • Tavern of Legends
  • The Masquerade

No particularly elaborate, time-consuming gameplay required here, just a few consecutive quests to complete the event. A summoning portal that is open for a few more days in parallel does not disturb any further and can run parallel to other actions without any problems.

If one now bases the recurring cycle on a duration of 28 days, it results in 6 spots of 4 days each for the remaining events with 4 further break days, on which one could put even partly the tavern of the legends or the masquerade. Based on this current information on Event Cadence, only 6 spots a month are also currently needed to accommodate everything:

• Atlantis Rising (Season 2)
  • Valhalla Forever (Season 3)
  • Underwild (Season 4)
  • Three Kingdoms War → Ninja Tower → Alliance Quest → Tower of Magic → ⟲
  • Season 5
  • Challenge Event

You see: I made a small change in combining the events, which I think makes more sense than the current one. Tower Events and the Alliance Event are very time and item intensive. Of course, you could cut one day off each event and add them all to Atlantis - you can dream - but a realization of the extension of the duration of Atlantis to 4 days as described above would already be an action that would make many players very happy.

• Long story short: Please extend Atlantis Rising again! Even if it should run parallel to other events, that would be better than the current, super-short version, which is not even on a weekend. Your players and your community will thank you! @Staff_SGG

Note: The calendar ideas presented above are merely drafts of mine, which can certainly be much better thought out and elaborated by others. @Zartanis I only wanted to show that there would be ways to realize the wish mentioned in the headline and thus to undo a change in the game that met with great incomprehension in large parts of the community and still leads to anger and resentment again and again. @Petri

16 Likes

Instead of increasing the length of AR, would an AR style season 4 event fill the gap?

AR is one of the best events in the game. Clearly too good when SG released it. So we still have AR. We also have VF which isn’t nearly as good, but better than not having it.

I’m going to make it an either or even though it isn’t one: I’d rather have a decent S4 event or a better S3 event than extending AR. I’d rather loot for AR go to 1.25x, but other season events also go to 1.25x as well.

7 Likes

Since we don’t get Harvesters anymore, we should be able to freely use whatever we got during the events

1 Like

Sounds great for me. Nice thoughts!

1 Like

This game thrives on “want”. If it gave you too much of what you want, you wouldn’t want it anymore.

2 Likes

I hate the season 3 trolls… I don’t want a small bundle of iron… Give me tokens to make pulls… Well… Pull. But yeah… I support an extended Atlantis. And travel and wardrobe are easy to finish in 1 day… Not to mention the wardrobe is less desirable considering i can get some in the hero academy.

4 Likes

More prefer challenge event to AQ yah. The completion loot is GUARANTEED for challenge events, and much easier to fight for decent loot, with 3 difficulty levels, whereas AQ is tiered towards stronger players, and loot is only Better for those players who place in the top 1000.

If SGG accepts your recommendation, enough players will revolt.

Why have W3K alternating with NT or ToM ? W3K doesn’t need WE or battle items ? Alternating battle item heavy events makes more sense.

Be happy that AR is still 2 days. They could have shortened it to 1.5 days, to make room for a more profitable event.

3 Likes

I get why AR went to 2 days. From the last questions to the developers reading between the lines they were suggesting they made the loot reward too good from it, hence why VF was far less beneficial, and if made today there’s no way it would have been released as is. Instead of revising the rewards theyve shortened the event it seems, in the same way grocery companies decrease size rather than increase price.

It’s a blow though because especially if it’s a 2 day format, being on during the week can make it difficult to farm. If it must be 2 days it should be at the weekend or at least encompass one of Saturday or Sunday. Other than emblem quest nothing is scheduled at weekend anyway and having AR, VF, whatever S4, S5 as weekend portals would fit comfortably into the 4wk calendar SG use.

I don’t know about others but I struggle for time to farm AR during week. Especially now with going back to offices as personal devices need locked away due to confidential nature of work. I got 4 flasks used last time in total. Aim this time is to try get through 10-15. I started this one sitting on 39. As it continues in I’ll never run out.

5 Likes

Staff has said the loot is too high in Atlantis so they will never lengthen it again. We are lucky they didn’t nerf it.

you need to pay for the food offers, so making farming easier for players is …

1 Like

Oh, they can try to nerf it so that we all can see how lucky they are, about us not leaving the game. :heart:

3 Likes

:rofl::joy: yeah let’s see whether Zynga (the 100% owner) has the balls to either reduce AR to “regular loot” or shorten AR to 1.5 days.

Following on the heels of 2 significant nerfs in February n March, let’s not mention the buffs this time.

1 Like

How can loot be too high?! For just 2 days. Now that there are no more farming boosters.

Given the newer events are more difficult and require more weapons : NT, ToM and AQ… in addition: MT.

It is reasonable to farm and then buy whatever extras are still needed, only after farming hard for CM.

Does SGG expect players to buy battle items first, and then farm “a bit” to make up the deficit ?

Which planet are they living on ? I know they exist happily in their cushy mountain mansions, happily devising ways to extract more money from the remaining player base. But aren’t those mountain mansions on Planet Earth ?

1 Like

U r right. Changed it in the original post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s sad. :frowning: But it’s worth a try mentioning it for the reasons I wrote above. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some months back, I too used to feel that Atlantis Rising duration of 2 days is less and needs to be increased… till, I decided to look at the actual reason for my expectation:

• Firstly, between Atlantis Rising (AR) & Valhalla Forever (VF), I was getting enough of all types of mats @ 3-WE for crafting / ascension.
    So,
  • Mainly, it came down to the one & only Adventurer’s Kit = the Bag-Packs for a non-stop running of TC-02 to get feeder 1* & 2* heroes…which comes more from Atlantis Rising.

I was able to SOLVE that issue by farming extensively in both AR & VF.

• Earlier I used 30 flasks in AR & 5 in VF.
  • Now, I still do the same 35 odd flasks but as per time availability, I use them between AR & VF.
  • Its been approx 23-24 flasks in AR & about 11-12 flasks in VF.
  • This has reduced the pressure of me having to do a lot of AR farming within the 2 days.
  • Between AR & VF, I am able to collect all required mats & have been able to build good stock.

Hence, feel, VF helps and now Season-4 being made available @ 3-WE will also help = no need for AR duration increase.

Also, I do 90% of my auto farming of AR - province 1.2 = which many new players having reached particular level can also auto farm.

• AR 1.2 gives me all types of mats in good numbers with its speedy completion.

I also don’t chase AVATARs, which allows me to farm S1- 8.7 more for all types of mats / recruits @ 3-WE.

My learning is = Spread the farming across everything & not just one event = is the key to good number of mats, especially for those using mainly free WE from the game.

Happy playing / farming !

I agree Atlantis needs to be taken back to original length and moved back to having a weekend on at least one of it’s days.

Don’t think it will happen as Atlantis is just another thing that gor nerfed now.

My hopes for S4 being a decent farming event are low having seen how awful the S3 event is. Wouldn’t even be surprised if we don’t see a reduction on world energy cost for S4 during it’s event.

Edit to add: the news Atlantis got shortened was the straw the broke the camel’s back for me and turned me from a once fairly decent spender into fully F2P.

1 Like

I do like AR the best since it offers tons of great loot, but I really hope it gets extended, if only since we all can’t play all day and take advantage of it being up. At least move it to weekends or something.

I would certainly love it to be longer. All that farming takes time, and loot tickets are limited so I have to rely on a lot of auto-playing…

especially now that new 3* and 4* Atlantis costumes are being released = more need to farm for Atlantis coins.

but alas, it will probably “ruin the game economy” lol. ah well!

some nice suggestions here though :slight_smile:

1 Like