Rebalance Old Heroes

It has happened. Many times. Whenever changes are made, they’re typically tested first in beta, and players are able to mess around with whatever new or tweaked heroes there are.

At least half of the original legendary heroes have seen minor tweaks (similar to those suggested above) over the years, some of them several times.

Many of them are still in need of work though.

It may happen.
Previously they do give to all beta tester the various heroes buffed, like Elkanen Khagan and Leonidas.

Ok looks like it wasnt very productive other than leonidas

Recently Quint and Kelile were buffed, and I think they are reasonable heroes now. Not top tier, but not the dogs people still think they are.

Yes, and that was reached step by step by pushing for a buff in both forum and beta.

Don’t give up people! We can do it!
We can make Elkanen better then Lianna someday working togheter!
I feel it! :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Leave my 5* feeders alone :face_with_monocle:

Lol

1 Like

Well, probably not better. But at least the ole guy needn’t walk around hanging his head in such shame.

Thoth-Amun with Thorne are the ones to me that most deserve a buff. And that, for two reasons :

1. Thoth-Amun is an HOTM. A f…in HOTM. He is the worst, he is not even worth any AM over any purple regular hero like Sartana or Quintus (and I could name them all).
  2. Thorne is… Thorne. It says it all.

Btw, I incite everyone here to upvote the following thread in favor of Thoth-Amun buff/rework : here.

@King_Kyree77 I’d be really interested in hearing your thoughts on Thoth and classes. You’re still tanking with him, right?

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I test the regular heroes that I have maxed out all the time (IE Joon, sartana, etc) in beta. but the others you mentioned like Groot, Thorne, etc I haven’t maxed and unless there’s a direct hero edit like mentioned below, you don’t get all the heroes to test with, only new ones or ones with proposed changes.

2 Likes

That makes sense

My maxed 5s are mainly hotm or tc snipers besides viv which is a common approach i believe.

Maybe after atlantis is over and the new event is out, SG will revisit this issue and look at testing different tweaks of the old 5s with maxed class stats to see if the classes are enough of a change or if further tweaking is needed

If they gave us all the 5s and emblems I would test some out next beta for sure.

I hope they do. That’s 1 of the reasons i didn’t expect the update to roll out so soon. In my mind, the biggest perk of this class system is balancing out tc heros with paywall heros, hard to tell how effectively that worked without doing what you just suggested

Why not just take Hu Tao and Justice to average speed? As tanks this makes them both more threatening, potentially charging a turn earlier.

Obakan could deal 210% damage to target and nearby enemies. He’s extremely useful paired with snipers then?

Elkanen would be awesome if his return healed for a larger percentage. A self red defense buff could be huge

Make Khagan average speed

2 Likes

I think that Obakan would benefit more by hitting less targets for more damage or by adding status effects to his targets.

You only need to kill, how many times does the AI have Lianna shoot an attacker with 100-200 hp left? I’ll take an Obakan that does 250-300 to 3 targets.

Not buying that metric, whole game fills with identical snipers.

Look at it this way, pair Obakan and Sart on a raid team as part of a 3/2 or 4/1. Both are fasts. Both charge at the same time. Fire Sart. Opponent hero is at 200ish HP. You could finish it with tiles if you have them or hit 3 targets with Obakan, killing the target and wounding 2 others. You could then drop tiles on the wounded maybe even killing with lucky Crits.

Similarly we could chase a pulverize with this Obakan to similar effect. Feb HOTM with that type of Obakan and a Sart or Burrito? Ouch. This type of Obakan and Burrito? Perfect.

Or a GP, which already has your debuff.

Purple already is way fat on snipers. More often than not, a full sniper hit is either overkill or doesn’t get the job done. Putting Obakan in competition for Sartana or Burritos job isn’t going to help him.

If you want to close the gap with GP then I think AoE buffing riposte is better than a debuff.

Panther.

And if you put a fast purple defense debugger and v fast purple elemental defense debuffer at 5* in the game you realize you may have just broken it more than a fast riposte AoE?

Don’t rip on autocorrect debugger and I’ll leave your ‘broking’ the game alone.

You won’t find a pair of 5* that can do both appropriate debuffs in the game anywhere in the same color, let alone at those speeds. You’d pretty much set the dominant Titan team for purple at Tarlak Panther Khiona Obakan Hel/Proteus/Merlin with that.

I don’t see that happening.