In a war defense scenario, the February HOTM could create a situation where an alliance goes purple tanks. I think Thoth and Obakan would be two easily underestimated tanks in that development.
I’ve used Thoth-Amun as tank several times. He is often underestimate and the attackers usually always pay the price. I’ve had enemies try and get revenge after I’ve beaten them and lose all three attempts with Thoth-Amun in the tank position.
He is in sorcerer too and do direct damage too like Quintus. His attack stat is better then him and he attack on 3 (good for events).
The only thing is that slow minion animation, but even him can be considered as a potential class-upgraded hero (if someone has already work on him)
We will really see many different choices in sorcerer class, as none is really outstanding.
Locke and morgan seem most desirable to me. Glad i chose to max Locke
Locke is great for tile damage, Morgan and Natalya can be really useful for raids, Quintus and Thoth for events and so on…
People really can choose pretty much anything in sorcerer and be happy… and regret something.
But that’s how it suppose to be, i like it.
Heroes that in my opinion would need some improvement of their special skill:
- Domitia: empower the buffs removal to the whole team
- Obakan: change him to very fast speed
- Quintus: add a 20% mana reduction and extra damage to holy heroes only
- Sartana: Not needed
- Joon: not needed
- Justice: self cleanse and higher blind chance
- Leonidas: not needed
- Vivica: change her to medium speed with a heals reduced to 33%
- Elkanen: heal allies for half of the damage dealt
- Horghall: self cleanse, the caster and nearby allies are immune to new status aliments for 3 rounds
- Kadilen: add a 30% team defense for 3 rounds
- Lianna: not needed
- Isarnia: slow the mana generation of heroes who already have a defense debuff by 24% for 3 rounds
- Magni: not needed
- Richard: special damage lowered to 380%, attack debuff lowered to 4 rounds. the caster and nearby allies gain +48% attack for 4 rounds,
- Thorne: targetted heroes can’t applies status effects or gain buffs for 3 rounds
- Azlar: consumes every stack of target’s burning damage (trigger instantly the damage)
- Elena: change her to average mana, decrease the damage to 160%, decrease counterattack to 4 rounds. Add a round of minions to allies for 10% of her HP and 13% of her ATK
- Khagan: change him to average mana
- Marjana: not needed
Core legendary heroes divided by element:
Effects of core legendaty cards:
- The target gets -40% accuracy for 6 turns.
Joon, 8 tiles
- All enemies get -35% accuracy for 4 turns.
Justice, 12 tiles
- All enemies receive 360 damage over 6 turns.
Azlar, 12 tiles
- The target receives 300 damage over 6 turns.
Marjana, 8 tiles
- The caster and nearby allies counterattack with 115% of the damage received for 5 turns.
Elena, 12 tiles
- The caster counterattacks with 115% of the damage received for 4 turns.
Obakan, 8 tiles
- Dispels buffs from the target and nearby enemies.
Domitia, 10 tiles
- Cures status ailments from all allies.
Vivica, 12 tiles
Elemental Defense Buff: Holy
- The caster and nearby allies get +94% defense against Holy for 4 turns.
Domitia, 10 tiles
- Heals the caster for 38% or damage dealt.
Elkanen, 8 tiles
- Heals the caster for 75% of damage dealt.
Leonidas, 10 tiles
- Recovers 44% health for all allies.
Vivica, 12 tiles
- The caster and nearby allies get +24% mana generation for 5 turns.
Khagan 12 tiles
- Reduces the mana of the target by 40%.
Leonidas, 10 tiles
Stats ATK reduction
- All enemies get -34% attack for 6 turns.
Horghall, 12 tiles
- The target and nearby enemies get -34% attack for 6 turns.
Richard, 10 tiles
Stats DEF increase
- The caster and nearby allies get +63% defense for 5 turns.
Khagan, 12 tiles
- The caster and nearby allies get +63% defense for 4 turns.
Magni, 8 tiles
- All allies get +63% defense for 4 turns.
Vivica, 12 tiles
Stats DEF reduction
- All enemies get -44% defense for 6 turns.
Isarnia, 12 tiles
Stats S.DEF increase
- All allies get +74% defense against Special Skills for 3 turns.
Kadilen, 8 tiles
- The target receives 294 damage over 6 turns.
Sartana, 8 tiles
Very nice! It’s pretty sweet when you can take a full shot from Lianna and just lose 3 minions.
Yup. I absolutely love Thoth-Amun and don’t regret maxing him at all.
Wish I had Morgan, she is already good, I think she could be very good when her talent is maxed
Any comment about my suggested changes?
In my eyes they wouldn’t steal the spotlight to the existing premium heroes but they wouldn’t let the core legendaries as helpless as they actually are.
From a theory perspective, these mostly look like good changes to me.
I really like the Richard, Kaidilen, Khagan, Elkanen, Horghall, Quintus, and Justice changes. They would significantly improve the “scare factor” of their specials firing.
I’m worried that moving Viv to average mana would make her overpowered. Maybe reduce the defense buff to 42% as well?
Domitia still feels a little underwhelming even with full team buff removal, but it’s a step in the right direction.
Isarnia tends to fire pretty late in the fight, so slowing mana gen at that point may not be so helpful. But it does feel thematically right for an Ice hero .
For Azlar, that doesn’t seem to add much “oomph” to him, except stacked with GM.
Elena, if you just made the riposte undispellable and upped her health by 10%, would be pretty scary.
For Thorne: am I reading it right that this would prevent the targets’ specials from applying status effects to both friends and foes?
Exactly, they would still be able to cleanse / dispel / heal / deals damage but without apply their status effects.
That seems like a good ability, then. It would drastically limit the effectiveness of a lot of heroes you might stack against him. Evelyn can’t debuff him. Alby can’t boost mana. Zeline can’t debuff defense. Etc. etc. So I like it a lot.
It appears some rebalancing is upcoming:
Domitia full team dispelling and converting holy shield to normal shield but lowering the % would probly be a favorable change.
Well, there needs to be some incentive to grab new heroes, and I consider power creep to be a typical mechanism for that.
As long as it’s not too steep, it’s fine.
If newer heroes seem nicer than most of the older heroes, it’s a good power creep.
If newer heroes made everything from 3 months earlier useless, that would be a bad power creep.
There is also always a question on whether the power creep is adjusted more towards f2p/c2p/p2p/w2w*, but that’s usually more of the business decision rather than a question towards the community (maybe slightly influenced, but not strictily related to players’ opinion).
The only thing I would want to see is older not-so-great-but-still-non-tc20 heroes joining the ordinary summons and getting added to tc20.
Nothing is more discouraging more than seeing event summons that are so unappealing that you don’t even consider rolling for them.
.* w2w - whale2win, I admit this abbreviation is made up, but couldn’t stop myself
EDIT: Apparently whale2win is a word… Every day we stray further…
I like that idea a lot!
That would be nice. Charreacters
I’d prefer if they added additional levels to the camps for more heros. Polluting tc20 odds with more heros will make it harder on f2p. Right now tc20 has much better odds at 5* than summons according to player collected data. Considering the most tc20 pulls a player can do for free in 1 month is 60, i’d like to keep the odds the way they are.