Rebalance Grimble's Attack and Defense stats

haha I know what you meant, it was only my intention to post some background information on what some players believe led to Grimble’s design – it really starts with Gobbler.

I for one agree that he could have a better spread of defense and attack. I doubt that his skill would suddenly become better – damage-wise it would, utility-wise though minion destroying is pretty niche right now.

Time will tell how niche that stays.

2 Likes

You must not have Mok Arr or atomos, will definitely trade either for your grimble and no takebacksies

4 Likes

No i haven’t :slight_smile: only got a domnitia sargasso and sartana maxed. Ik have a obakan and a grimble but i wont level them up. I will whait for a second sartana out of my tc 20. than level those 2 up. Domnitia and sargasso where my first 2 purple heroes. But not my first choice . Grimble is going in to the hero academy

2 Likes

Ow i was forgotten that i also had a seshat whit emblems. Butt my whorries are over now. The waithing for my tc20 pays off . Yesterday my second sartana. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Grimble’s attack needs to be increased for him to be able to be useful in the battlefield. Right now he is only barely useful in titans. And I say barely cause there are 4 star heroes that are better options against titans when compared to him.

1 Like

I cant believe there were so many people that think the hero is fine as It current state .
He doesnt perform well as a tank , so hp and def means nothing
He doesnt punish enemy for attacking him due his lack of attack (less then many 4)

His only positive thing is his ability but It depends on the meta and nothing suggest that you Will priorize him over other purples around .

Kinda waste of hero. At least gobbler performs well in a stack team if you lack of other greens

2 Likes

I agree Grimble as attacking hero, but as support, I do not agree if he is not sturdy enaugh, look at Gobbler.

1 Like

I’m proposing balance. 720 attack, 720 defense, give or take.

I agree, Gobbler is not good and she also be re-balancced, Scarlett levels of defense are as low as a 4* should go.

“Explain your idea”

Grimble’s special is broken for mono-attack teams. Because Grimble is an average mana hero, I usually have all of my heroes fully charged for attack. If Grimble attacks first to kill all the minions, then there is no additional mana to be added tot he other heroes because they are already fully charged. If Grimble attacks after the other heroes attack, there are little to no minions left to kill, so no mana added again. I suggest changing the special to steal minions from enemies and distribute randomly to allies. Having said that, I try to attack with a costumed Rigard and a Proteus so that I can use both of their specials prior to Grimble without taking out any minions and adding attack to Grimble. At least those heroes get some mana gain and Grimble’s attack is more effective.

3 Likes

The way Grimble looks to me, he is only useful when the opponent has minions. And that is rare. He is the HotM Jack of Diamonds. Very close to the pinnacle of lameness.

I think his 235% damage should be raised to 250%, like Guardian Kong (in beta). At least. Then he might still have a use without fighting minions. And if he is fighting minions, he should rightfully be the very best guy for his job. Since it’s the one time in his life he gets to shine, let him pass up Ursena.

1 Like

Grimble HotM but he is useless. For HotM he is very weak. He will be more useful if his mana will be changed from “Average” to “FAST”… and he need more Damage from skill…

I gave MokArr my tabbards over Grimble because of that. Anyone please advice me if I’m wrong, lol.

Grimble sounds cool against specific enemies and xmas event. But I’ve completed xmas event without him twice already so…

Mok has awesome skills to combine with my other purple heroes like domitia and Santana and is a huge damage dealer. Specially against yellow.

Not a bad idea, you can use Grimble at 3/70 because his health and defense are so high. You can also get a good sense if you need him or could even use him.

Anyone use Grimble on defense during Undead Horde Alliance war?

Curious if he found a better niche (ie minion war).

1 Like

Isn’t hindsight a wonderful thing?

1 Like

I’ve seen him used on defense. All of the minion heroes are not that great on defense, the minions usually die from normal attacks. If any, Skadi, in the hopes you’ll catch a minion or two. If Grimble catches a minion or two, it’s only a tiny bit of mana.

Having said that, I’ve seen Grimble tank and he wasn’t great, but usable. I’m going to guess the reason he doesn’t have more balanced stats, is that they don’t want to see him tanking. A 235% hit all standard speed hero with no downside would be OK.

1 Like

I emblemed him all attack and I partly regret it. The team’'s success hinges on him staying alive and his baseline sturdiness helps greatly with that, but at times he still just dies before his special goes off and I wish he was tougher. The hit itself is a minor part of his special although when teamed with c rig and tiburkiss it does decent enough damage. But to swap out his survivability for a bigger hit would make him a less effective hero

I do use him during Undead Horde wars. My Alliance uses a Blue Tank so my def used be something like
Onyx+19 - cVivica+20 - Krampus+18 - Khagan+19 - Grimble+1
Not optimal that he’s in the wing even with Khagan’s mana boost and a level 11 mana troop. I still get one-shot but I think that’s mainly because I’m the strongest team in my alliance and gives the highest score to the opponent

Just maxed Liana and have Krampus to 20 nodes so will probably switch him to flank for the next Undead Horde war
Onyx+19 - cVivica+20 - Krampus+20 - Grimble+1 - Liana+7
Maybe that’ll be better.

1 Like

I use Grimble every war, often against 4700 teams, and he never dies early. I don’t even put him at the edges, he tanks. How is your Grimble with talents, dying early? lol. Even with attack talents, half of them are still defense and health. I take it back, I don’t want to know. If you don’t like it, reset your talents.

The only good thing about his stats right now is that you don’t need to give him talents for him to be the last one to die.

I actually like that he’s sturdy, so that he can do his thing without bunch of emblems. He is offensive hero, but Grimble is not primarily a dmg dealer. Imo, his low attack stat is not that important.

His job is to destroy minions + give mana to the rest of the team, possible some hitters. A bit dmg that he does is a nice bonus.

So, I’m good as he is. His stats are nicely balanced for the supportive role that he has in offence.

1 Like