Rebalance / Buff Baldur

So relatable. Of all the S3 legendaries in the 1.3 rate. The RNG gods have to bestow me Baldur. FML. Same as the Atlantis ■■■■■■■■ portal.
The very good news- 0.3% chance pull.
Plot twist- dupe legendary mitsuko. And that’s the only Atlantis hero I have. F this nonsense seriously
I swear the feeling of getting a ■■■■■■/dupe legendary is waaaay worse than pulling all 10 three star heroes

2 Likes

The same here. Without Tyr, without Lady Loki but today second Baldur. Trash on trash and one less space on my list :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Dupes are fine if the hero is high tier. You won’t complain about getting a dupe gravemaker or dupe Ariel. But yeah, sucks to be you getting a dupe baldur

He finally gets that buff he desperately needs and that is a base damage and also increased damage of 150%. As least now he gets to attack and not just be a defensive beat stick. On paper I think he’s supposed to be a variant of Morgan le fay in war. Boost health at the edges and keep damaging the opponent just like MLF. Imagine having both of them parked in the wings during war battles, Incredibly annoying stall battle.

1 Like

@Tidyup

I definitely think that this is a step in the right direction for Baldur, but it’s a very small one.

I am cheap to play and I pulled Baldur in a free pull in last month’s Valhalla event.

At first I was very excited about the pull, because I had been looking for a red hero to replace Marjana on defense so I could give her rogue emblems to my costume Domitia, who is also on defense. Marjana was on node 5 and Domitia was on node 3 or 4. Now Domitia is on node 8.

Anyway, after looking in to him, I quickly saw that Baldur was a very underwhelming hero. His special was very low impact with not giving any ailments or buffs to enemies or allies. I quickly put him on the backburner.

After the balance update, I decided to go ahead and max him out, which I finished just yesterday. He is now on node 8 of the talent grid.

I definitely appreciate his high attack stat, but his special is still just too low impact.

Here are the two ideas I had to potentially “fix” him.

Listing some of the values as minimum to maximum ranges.

Both ideas would still see him at Average speed and his base stats and class would remain the same.

~Special Rework Idea 1:

*Note: This first rework idea would be if SGG really wanted to keep with the original spirit of the hero.

Baldur deals damage (perhaps between 210% and 250%) to target, or target and nearby enemies (perhaps minor damage to nearby enemies if the full to nearby enemies is too potent).

*Note: I appreciated that he was given the ability to actually deal damage immediately when his special is activated, but he really needs to have some agency with the being able to select a target for at least that initial activation. He is too unreliable otherwise. The increased damage for the initial hit would allow him to have a higher impact since he is still only at Average speed.

Baldur would boost his own health (1000 still seems fair) and add a reduced (perhaps 500) health boost to nearby allies. Baldur and nearby allies would attack random enemies every turn for 110%-150% damage for as long as they had boosted health.

All allies resist direct mana reduction for as long as the caster has boosted health. This effect cannot be dispelled.

*Note: I believe this rework would keep with the original design inspiration for the character but solidify him as a solid flank hero and provide him with some tangible benefit to his allies.

~Special Rework Idea 2:

*Note: This one was admittedly a bit more for fun while attempting to keep with the spirit of the hero.

Boosts health of the caster by 1200. If health exceeds max HP, it is added as temporary HP. Max temporary HP is 100% of max HP. Boosted health counters max HP reduction.

Baldur would deal 150-180% damage to target. The target gets a taunt ailment that prevents them from using Special Skills on Baldur’s allies for two or three turns.

Baldur would deal 150-180% damage to a random enemy each turn and the enemy would get a taunt ailment that prevents them from using Special Skills on Baldur’s allies for two or three turns.

Baldur gets +50%-60% defense against special skills for as long as he has boosted health.

All allies resist direct mana reduction for as long as the caster has boosted health. This effect cannot be dispelled.

*Note: I feel like this rework would really give him some impact as solo brawler, but would also make him dangerous if left to his own devices. He would kind be akin to the likes of Black Knight and Queen of Hearts, other five star red heroes that are meant to become meat shields for their allies.

1 Like

I love taunt, wish I got one of them taunters but I prefer a more simple rework. Increase special Def with taunt as long as he has boosted health is enough for me. Against AOEs he’s really good but not against snipers. His taunt is going to be more technical than the other taunters that way. Black Knight is a one trick pony while queen of hearts is too unreliable.

Boss Wolf is worse than Baldur! LOL

Did anyone test Baldur with Tarlak?

Does he do increased dmg or his ability counts as special attack?

Hi, no, it’s a special attack. So Tarlak doesn’t work with it.

2 Likes

Glenda doesn’t work with it either

Glenda should work with it since it is a special attack.

Nice to see this one back up here, even ability to select first target would be a big help

Next buff would be to allow him to deal higher initial damage before dropping to his 165% damage. like 215%

1 Like

you wanna buff my favorite hero lol. Sure it would make my life easier but make him well over powered! He’s a monster

2 Likes

I really don’t understand why Glenda’s special skill buff does not work with Baldur’s ongoing special skill. This is treated as special skill by other effects.

It is also written on card in exact same way as initial hit (which does get Glenda’s buff)…

“Deals 165% damage to a random enemy”
“Deals 165% damage to a random enemy each turn for as long as the caster has boosted health.”

He has become the foundation of my red mono anti-freya team:
C BT, Wilbur, Gefjon, Noor, Baldur

Get 9 red tiles and it is a super high chance of a win, although it may take a few minutes. Gets 250 damage without any boosts and about 450 damage with C BT and Wilbur buffs/debuffs. With Wilbur’s special it turns into an all hitting DOT which can be useful, but on the flip side his pierce ranger ability to hit for 450 can also be very useful. Would go even higher with an elemental d down but I don’t have the mana troop to get G Falcon to 9 tiles so the synergy isn’t there.

As has been stated he works extremely well in the last man standing scenario and has won quite a few matches from behind.

I swap out Noor for Tyr when facing non minion green tanks such as Heim.

He is amazing on auto-farming and despite having doubts I tried him on green titans and my scores have gone up. Yes there is a slight delay but that gives you a half second to think about the next move. His ongoing DOT actually does add up with Wilbur, BT, G Falcon and Ranvir buffs and debuffs in play, hitting for over 1000 per turn. That adds up to over 10k to your base score, plus the fact that he has one of the highest attack stats in the game (921 for mine, I didn’t take one attack emblem in favour of mana up).

I can see how he would have been underwhelming in his initial release but the buff he got has made him fun and powerful, with the right team setup

I went 5-1 in our last war.

The 1 was a Baldur+20 tank and I took my mono-red which hits crazy hard. Horrible start board and Baldur got rolling. I just couldn’t stop him and he just beat me up badly none stop. This allowed his support to then start downing my heroes with there specials and slash hit.

I scored 4pts from a bit of damage I managed on his flank support.

Considering the defences were all 4600+ I certainly didn’t underestimate him, but even then he shocked me about how fast he started to become a problem

1 Like

Hi guys, I am using Badlur for while, he is good hero but something js so disappointing about him is second or more fire when he did not receive hard damage to decrease his health under full state, I used him in stages and mostly anytime after his first fire he never lost health point as much as lose buff for all alies and damage per turn to enemies so the second fires or more are useless and not add any new thing. I suggest his second fire if he had more than max health state damage 2 or more 3 heros, and third one damage all enemies. Or buff allies somehow, I dont think about what kind of buff or attack is suitable but even any small change about him will be so good and make him more useful for players.
Thanks

1 Like

Obakan waves at Baldur.

Make Baldur fast or increase his basic attack from 165 % to 185% or give him the ability to hit the target and the nearby enemies with equal power. He needs to be improved a little bit more. He is a season three red hero.