Rebalance / Buff Baldur

This just isn’t feasible with the sudden death and overtime game mechanics.

Ok, let me rephrase that. I’m quite new and still fooling around.
Raids with a total time of almost 5 minutes, is that possible? I often reach a tie break and a moment where the damage starts to increase with each move. Haven’t experienced a sudden death so far.
Anyway, at the end there’s a period where only Kashhrek and Baldur remain standing alone. The game becomes boring then, maybe it just seems longer then it actually is :wink:

1 Like

Instead of lady Loki, I got him, FML. Now let’s see, how to buff him…

1. Make his attacks be targetable, that attack also reduces mana by 10% so the tank or anyone opposing can forget about firing once he sets up

2. they can make his attack random, but increase that damage output by 10% every turn in a stack. Up to 25 times so he hits up to 350% every turn. But it’s a chore He becomes a hero that needs to survive as long as possible to be powerful

2.5) something to aid the stack- instead of helping block mana cut for all allies, increase the stack count by 3 everytime an ally suffers from mana cut when he has boosted health (convoluted I know)

1. the easier buff everyone and their mother has been suggesting to SG, block all forms of negative mana ailments, mana cut, - mana regeneration, mana block

2. scrap that whole mana cut protection, keep the boosted health. Add taunt for 3 turns and 115% riposte for 5 turns

2 Likes

Is 150% enough on his attack a HotM pull. I’ve used him quite frequent and he will not survive as a stand alone hitter and I agree he’s like a punching bag. Maybe something else should be added cos everytime I bring him I’ll need healers as well.

I run him on a team with full minions, at 3/70 he does well. I would max him to 80 with a team of minions

hello, fix baldur-guardian gazelle, when buff-gazelle is working, baldur buged does not auto-attack (although the buff of life exceeds the norm) after the buff-gazelle ends, it still does not use the ability

Baldur’s auto-attack is an effect, Gazelle removes all effects. No bug there. Gazelle’s effect would be way too powerful if she didn’t remove buffs from her team. I know where you’re coming from (I have both of them and tried using them together) but not all heroes work well together.

Totally worthless hero. I wish I had left him on the bench. The most common result of his special is a 1k heal and nothing else, because by the time he gets to fire, he’s already down on health.

1 Like

He was thankfully one of the heroes targetted for a buff this past beta

Buffs were:

To be honest though, I still didn’t think much of him personally. But maybe that’s because I have Red Hood (who basically does what he does, but heals her entire team instead).

So who knows. He might be better than I’m rating him now, but if I got him, I don’t think I’d level him.

2 Likes

Make him hit all for say 90% each turn and give him a mana regeneration elemental link. He doesn’t have to be op afterwards, but at least a bit helpful.

Edit:
Or just rename him: Baldrian :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Maxed him and put some emblems up to node 4, i really hope he is going to be stronger even though i quite like him for farming.
Last war i was hit 8 times at the end without taking down my last guy left - Baldur

2 Likes

Currently with number of Valhalla legendary heroes in Valhalla portal coupled with odds at getting one of those heroes, the chance of any particular Valhalla 5* is .12% when rounded up. Every month a new legendary is introduced those odds just get worse. Baldur should be better than he is based on those odds. It’s ridiculous that someone has to get that lucky to be disappointed.

2 Likes

The 150% is enough for that part of what he does. Now there needs to be something else done. It’s a small step for a hero needing a lot more

1 Like

So relatable. Of all the S3 legendaries in the 1.3 rate. The RNG gods have to bestow me Baldur. FML. Same as the Atlantis ■■■■■■■■ portal.
The very good news- 0.3% chance pull.
Plot twist- dupe legendary mitsuko. And that’s the only Atlantis hero I have. F this nonsense seriously
I swear the feeling of getting a ■■■■■■/dupe legendary is waaaay worse than pulling all 10 three star heroes

2 Likes

The same here. Without Tyr, without Lady Loki but today second Baldur. Trash on trash and one less space on my list :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Dupes are fine if the hero is high tier. You won’t complain about getting a dupe gravemaker or dupe Ariel. But yeah, sucks to be you getting a dupe baldur

He finally gets that buff he desperately needs and that is a base damage and also increased damage of 150%. As least now he gets to attack and not just be a defensive beat stick. On paper I think he’s supposed to be a variant of Morgan le fay in war. Boost health at the edges and keep damaging the opponent just like MLF. Imagine having both of them parked in the wings during war battles, Incredibly annoying stall battle.

1 Like

@Tidyup

I definitely think that this is a step in the right direction for Baldur, but it’s a very small one.

I am cheap to play and I pulled Baldur in a free pull in last month’s Valhalla event.

At first I was very excited about the pull, because I had been looking for a red hero to replace Marjana on defense so I could give her rogue emblems to my costume Domitia, who is also on defense. Marjana was on node 5 and Domitia was on node 3 or 4. Now Domitia is on node 8.

Anyway, after looking in to him, I quickly saw that Baldur was a very underwhelming hero. His special was very low impact with not giving any ailments or buffs to enemies or allies. I quickly put him on the backburner.

After the balance update, I decided to go ahead and max him out, which I finished just yesterday. He is now on node 8 of the talent grid.

I definitely appreciate his high attack stat, but his special is still just too low impact.

Here are the two ideas I had to potentially “fix” him.

Listing some of the values as minimum to maximum ranges.

Both ideas would still see him at Average speed and his base stats and class would remain the same.

~Special Rework Idea 1:

*Note: This first rework idea would be if SGG really wanted to keep with the original spirit of the hero.

Baldur deals damage (perhaps between 210% and 250%) to target, or target and nearby enemies (perhaps minor damage to nearby enemies if the full to nearby enemies is too potent).

*Note: I appreciated that he was given the ability to actually deal damage immediately when his special is activated, but he really needs to have some agency with the being able to select a target for at least that initial activation. He is too unreliable otherwise. The increased damage for the initial hit would allow him to have a higher impact since he is still only at Average speed.

Baldur would boost his own health (1000 still seems fair) and add a reduced (perhaps 500) health boost to nearby allies. Baldur and nearby allies would attack random enemies every turn for 110%-150% damage for as long as they had boosted health.

All allies resist direct mana reduction for as long as the caster has boosted health. This effect cannot be dispelled.

*Note: I believe this rework would keep with the original design inspiration for the character but solidify him as a solid flank hero and provide him with some tangible benefit to his allies.

~Special Rework Idea 2:

*Note: This one was admittedly a bit more for fun while attempting to keep with the spirit of the hero.

Boosts health of the caster by 1200. If health exceeds max HP, it is added as temporary HP. Max temporary HP is 100% of max HP. Boosted health counters max HP reduction.

Baldur would deal 150-180% damage to target. The target gets a taunt ailment that prevents them from using Special Skills on Baldur’s allies for two or three turns.

Baldur would deal 150-180% damage to a random enemy each turn and the enemy would get a taunt ailment that prevents them from using Special Skills on Baldur’s allies for two or three turns.

Baldur gets +50%-60% defense against special skills for as long as he has boosted health.

All allies resist direct mana reduction for as long as the caster has boosted health. This effect cannot be dispelled.

*Note: I feel like this rework would really give him some impact as solo brawler, but would also make him dangerous if left to his own devices. He would kind be akin to the likes of Black Knight and Queen of Hearts, other five star red heroes that are meant to become meat shields for their allies.

1 Like

I love taunt, wish I got one of them taunters but I prefer a more simple rework. Increase special Def with taunt as long as he has boosted health is enough for me. Against AOEs he’s really good but not against snipers. His taunt is going to be more technical than the other taunters that way. Black Knight is a one trick pony while queen of hearts is too unreliable.

Boss Wolf is worse than Baldur! LOL

Cookie Settings