Reality Bites: Where did you actually end up getting your 5*s?

That is definitely where the majority of my gems are going, into troop pulls. My goal is to have at least 23, 20, 11, 11, 11 troops for each of my mono teams. Getting close!

If only we could transmute iron into ham in the AL. There is NEVER enough ham!

4 Likes

**edited to add a new hero :wink: My first Lianna just popped out of TC20!!!

Thanks everyone for sharing! will read through later. Mineā€¦

• Playing time: 32 months (2 years + 8 months)

• 28 unique 5*s + 5 costumes

• Breakdown -

1. S1: 17 (Sartana, Domitia, Obakan, Joon, Justice, Leonidas, Isarnia, Richard, Magni, Kadilen, Elkanen, Horghall, Elena, Marjana, Azlar, Khagan, Lianna). I canā€™t remember how many/which ones were TC 20 vs. summons in other portals (Elena at least Iā€™m sure was from an EHT in Seasonal Portal, and I know Domitia was from an EHT too). If I had to estimate, I would say 75% of these from TC20, 25% from portals.

2. Atlantis: 1 (Inari)

3. Valhalla: a big fat zero

4. Seasonal: 4 (Lepus, Rana, Francine, Santa)

5. Challenge Event: a big fat zero

6. HOTM: 6 (Seshat, Aeron, Malosi, Aegir, Margaret, Gregorion). of these, 4 were summoned in their debut month (Seshat, Malosi, Aegir, Margaret) + 2 from being re-featured in Atlantis (Aeron, Gregorion)

7. Ninja: a big fat zero

8. TOL (Myztero): nope!

9. Costumes: Joon, Marjana, Sartana, Richard, Domitia

This is my actual summons chart:

Total Dark Holy Ice Nature Fire
S1/ TC20 16 3 3 3 4 4
S2: Atlantis 1 1
S3: Valhalla 0
HoTM 6 2 1 1 2
Seasonal 4 1 1 1 1
Challenge Events 0
Ninja 0
Costume 5 2 1 1 1
Total 27 5 6 5 6 5

*costumes not counted in total

4 Likes

Formerly very cheap to play now free to play.

Most came out from Tc20. Almost 1 copy of each 5*, except Magni, Leo and Elena. Magni is still missing, Leo came from HA10, Elena came from Atlantis (when I had 0 legendary reds it made me MEGA happy).

Atlantis portal was kind enough for me. When we were in its golden days, I bought some offers here and there, saved alongside map completion rewards and made some pulls. Got lucky enough to catch MokArr and Ariel + Miki. Unlucky enough to still miss Proteus. It was a perfect time.

Tavern of Legendsā€¦ Only did free pulls there. Problably less than 20. All of them were 3*s. Enough said.

Valhalla gave me Zocc (first and only pull in his month, alongside Kvasir who was my most wanted) and Glenda (trying Lord Loki, used all my final savings on her month - 3000 gems). I ended up maxing Zocc recently, in january, after almost eating him. Heā€™s being useful sometimesā€¦ but not that much. Glenda was maxed right away and I love her.

Costumesā€¦ Iā€™ve got Lianna, Vivica, Quintus, Khagan and Azlar. 4/1 are slow but I deffo adore, love and use them all the time. Like, after Ariel and Miki, they are the heroes I am most thankful for.

I never did/paid pulls for events because of low odds and the high chances of an avalanche of vanilla dupes. The only event/seasonal heroes I own are: G. Jackal, Buddy, G. Falcon, Bauchan, Vodnik, Pixie, Gretel andā€¦ I think thatā€™s it. Boomer is unleveled and will stay like that.
Last year Xmas was funny. Iā€™ve waited until last day of the event for a chance on Vela (debuted as HOTM in january 1st) and Iā€™ve got her with one 10x. One of my fav heroes until they nerfed her to the ground for selling more season 3 heroes.

I think thatĀ“s it. Proud and thankful for them. Problably thatĀ“s my final bench since I am F2P now but everything can happens.

HOTM Iā€™ve got:
Drake Fong = free pull from Epic token when they used to come as Raid chest loot frequently. My first 5*. HeĀ“s +20 now and I use him everywhere. HeĀ“s so good he made me hate Joon.
Khiona = saved 300 gems and used them right away before going to bed, she came after Gunnar. Iā€™ve maxed her, set emblems and everything but sheā€™s not good - at least doesnā€™t fit me good.
Alasie = HA10 turned Horghall into her.
Glenda, Zocc and Miki = said before ā†‘

I am away from my phone and I problably missed someone weaker but thatĀ“s it.

Fun post, went through some good memories from when the game was simplier and smoother. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Playing for 25 months now

Portal Count
S1 25
S2 0
S3 1
Xmas 4
Challenge 1
HOTM 7
Costume 1
Total 39

Oddities:
3 of the 4 Xmas Legendaries are Santa
Only Challenge Event hero is Guardian Owl
Only Costume hero is Khagan
5 of 7 HOTM are blue

4 Likes

We are counting both maxed and unleveled or only maxed?

Opā€™s rules are ā€œall, by origin, no dupes.ā€

I canā€™t remember exactly where all of my 5s came from. I do know that most of them came from TC20, and that also includes several dupes.

Occasionally gotten lucky from some portals, yet I still donā€™t have a single ninja or S2 or S3 legendary.

2 Likes

Playing since last week of December 2017.
My spending was different each year.
It was highest in 2018 at about 50ā‚¬/month, 2019 tt was about 30ā‚¬/month, 2020 20ā‚¬/month, this year itā€™s 10-15ā‚¬ a month. So I spend less and less the longer I play. I pretty much consider myself C2P though.

I donā€™t consider myself very lucky, even though I had been quite lucky since last december, I got 4 Hotms (3 past hotms, 1 current) - Onatel, Athena, Drake Fong and Bertila and my first and only 5* costume of Horghall.

Portal Total Dark Holy Ice Nature Fire
S1/ TC20 20 4 4 4 4 4
S2: Atlantis 3 1 1 1
S3: Valhalla 0
HoTM 11 2 2 4 2 1
Events 3 1 1 1
Seasonal Events 0
Ninja 0
Costume 1 1
Total 38 8 8 8 7 7

I honestly donā€™t remember first appearance of all of my S1 heroes, majority first appeared at TC20. I got all unique S1 heroes at least once from TC20 excluding Sartana and Obakan. And Iā€™m not counting dupes of course.

S1 - I have all unique heroes at least once, the origin of first Obakan was HA10 and of first Sartana was EHT

S2 - Inari, Mitsuko, Mok-Arr

S3 - Iā€™ve done only 1 10x ever there rest are single pulls mostly from coins. I never got any 5*, and from 3*/4* heroes I still miss Agnes, Sumle, Gullinbursti. (Yes, no freakinā€™ Agnes! lol)

HotM - All except 3 were summoned when they were actual Hotms; Onatel - Atlantis portal last december, Athena, Drake - HA10 retrainings, I got none from Legends summon (only did coin pulls)
The one that I got when they were actual HotMs - Aeron, Alasie, Gravemaker, Gregorion, Aegir, Frida, Zulag, Bertila.
Oddities :
I only got 1 Hotm in 2019 and 1 HotM in 2020. I was on terrible bad luck streak of over 400 pulls without any HotM in exactly 1 year 7 months and 18 days of time!
I got 4 Hotms in a row between April 2018 - July 2018 (Aeron, Alasie, Gravemaker, Gregorion), after that I only summoned 4 more current HotMs (Aegir, Frida, Zulag, Bertila)
My only non-S1 dupe is Alasie, I have her dupe maxed too.

Events - Queen Of Hearts, Guardian Owl, Marie-Therese

Seasonal Events - Oh how much I hate seasonal events portals! In over 3 years of playing i have only 1 seasonal 4* hero - Jack Oā€™Hare and 0 5*. This portal is a joke.

Costume - Horghall; I never did any 10x on this portal all are single pulls mostly from keys. After over 100-120 summons (or something like that) I scored only 1 5* costume.

3 Likes

Cool thread @Circe and your forethought to track this in advance to one day gripe about it and commiserate with others of similar ill fortune is admirable.

Normally my pitiable roster by 5* standards is a downer, but for this exercise it makes it extremely easy! :+1:

F2P playing about 3 years. True F2P, not a penny, Google credit, or whatever. I have used a few gems for roster expansion, but otherwise any gems spent went to summons.

I still donā€™t have all the S1 5ā€™s, nor (Noor?) do I remember where I came across the ones I do have. I have never been blessed with a seasonal, S2, or S3 5*. My only non-vanillas are 6 HotMs:

Athena - Very first ToL
Raffaele - an Atlantis Rising event during his month (whichever one it was)
Glenda - Halloween 2020

Note the blue theme, even when RNG is kind it is cruel. I am perpetually short scopes :laughing:

Ranvir - Jan 2021 ToL
Malicna - costume chamber March 2021
Zimkithia - HA10

The only other would be I have managed Liannaā€™s costume sometime in the first half of 2020 I think.

Good luck out there and may you all be more lucky than I!

:beers:

EDIT: 6-29-21 update

Total 5* = 25

I had time to go back, so here is the table (sort of):
G - Green
B - Blue
R - Red
P - Purple
Y - Yellow

TOTAL-
G - 4
B - 7
R - 4
P - 5
Y - 5

S1/TC20: 18
G - 3
B - 4
R - 3
P - 4
Y - 4

S2: 0

S3: 0

Events: 0

Ninja: 0

ToL: 2
G -
B - 1
R -
P -
Y - 1

HotM: 3
G -
B - 2
R -
P - 1
Y -

Costume: 1 (Separate from TC20 count, not duplicated)
G - 1
B -
R -
P -
Y -

HA10: 1 (HOTMs only; not counting non-dupe S1)
G -
B -
R - 1
P -
Y -

3 Likes

F2P, Iā€™m far too cheap to spend anything on a game that I know I will eventually abandon. Iā€™ve been playing for almost 3 years and average 5-10 pulls/month.

S1 - Have everyone (multiple copies) via TC 20
S2 - Ursena
S3 - Gefjon
Challenge - 0
Seasonal - Mother North
HOTM - Noor
Ninja - 0
Costume - 0
TOL - 0
HA - Musashi (1 of 4 pulls thus far)

6 Likes

F2P since Jan. 2018 and donā€™t keep duplicates of any heroes.

I can recall where I got all of my current 28 5* heroes.

20 of them are vanilla 5*, where the first copies of them all came from TC20.

Killhare from EHT during April 2020 Springvale
Atomos from 30X Pull October 2020 AR
Frida from Atlantis Coins pull, March 2019 Atlantis
Vela from EHT, January 2020 Christmas
Malosi from EHT during April 2020 Springvale
Noor from EHT during June 2020 Sands Empire
Glenda from Atlantis Coins pull, November 2020 AR
Jean FranƧoise from Tavern Coins pull, March 2021 ToL

4 Likes

I earned my first five star from a pull of ten . I earned my last 3 five stars from either Valhalla pulls or costume pulls . I only have season one five stars . Earned Azlar and Magni from costume pulls . Earned Zartana from another free pull . Got MN from Winter pull . Not too shabby for a C2P . Now the ascension mats are a different story but not here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I started the game 27 month ago.

C2p (ish) for two years (Vip+cheap offers, PoV, Share the gems).

I do not remember from where the s1 heroes came from but Iā€™m sure that Vivi and Horghall are from a portal and not tc20ā€¦

S1: Vivica, Horghall, Richard, Sartana, Justice, Magni, Isarnia, Khagan, Marjana (some trained some summoned)
S2: Mitsuko, Mitsuko#2
S3: Norns, Sif, Tyr (I donā€™t like the heroes with long names obviously :crazy_face: )
Costume: Domitia, Kadilen, Lianna, Domitia#2, Domitia#3
Seasonal: Vanda
ToL: Kunchen
Guardians: Owl :frowning_face: , Gazelle :crazy_face:
HotM: Telluria, Vela, Kingstone, Malosi, Jean, Noor, Reuben, Clarissa, Miki, Glenda

Now looking at my post it seems weird that I have more HotM than tc20 heroes! :roll_eyes:

The bad luck with tc20 has been compensated by the HotM pullsā€¦ oh, and if I randomly kick a tree a red 5 star hero going to fall off of it for sure! :hugs:

3 Likes

I have been playing for about 2 years, with 1 year off inbetween, have spent about $50 on this game over that time, basically VIP when on sale, share the gems and 2 path of valors. I have accumulated about 12 S1 5* heros and 7 non S1 5* heroes,

TC 20. 10

Events. 0

Seasonal 3. Mother north EHT, Roostly EHT,
krampus single gem pull

S2. Portal 0 S2 heroes, 2 S1 5* heroes coin pulls

S3 portal. 0

Ninja 0

Tavern. 1 sheshat, coin pull

Costumes. 1 khagan, single gem pull

HOTM. 3 (Clarissa costume keys, bertilla
Valhalla coins, uraeus costume keys)

HA10. S1 retrains so far

So most of what I got was through the game, seasonal summons have been good to me I always save my tokens for them.

Not sure if this is lucky or terrible, Iā€™m sure some done much better

3 Likes

Been playing nearly 2 years f2p and have 20.

10 from TC20 after about a year, 2 duplicates

7 HOTM

1 season 3, 10 pull from saved gems

1 Halloween, from saved up EHT

1 from a 10 pull from saved gems

Been incredibly lucky with HOTM

4 Likes

I am p2p, $50-100 a month since November, c2p prior. Playing regularly since about August 2020.

S1/TC20: Isarnia, Kadilen, Khagan, Vivica, Leonidas
Atlantis: None
Valhalla: Lord Loki, Gefjon
Costume Chamber: Marjana, Azlar, Richard, Magni, Horghall, Elkanen, Lianna, Justice
HotM/Tavern of Legends: Athena, Glenda, Reuben, Bertila, Uraeus
Ninja: Jade
Challenge Events: Asterius, Morgan Le Fay
Seasonal: Santa Claus, Mother North, Krampus

My whole time playing I have gotten zero purple five stars to date, though Iā€™m saving EHTs for Killhare.

Spending a little less because the mat wall is real and pulling all of these heroes doesnā€™t mean you can ascend them all. So far have only maxed Krampus, Santa, Mother North, costume Marjana and Lord Loki and also have only two Damascus Blades currently. Currently working on Gefjon.

Some of them were sheer luck on just a few pulls (costume Richard, Santa, Lord Loki, Gefjon) whereas other were sought out (Mother North and Krampus in particular).

Very happy with what I have but even so my four stars have rounded out the bulk of my roster. Iā€™d recommend any mid or low player to build up their three and four stars before focusing on five stars.

4 Likes

What I would like to add to the discussion (although a bit off topic) is I think there are only two ways to manage this game (financially) and get the best results:

Case one: The Whale: summon your heroes AND buy the materials via cash

Case two: c2p (I mean VIP-PoV, cheap offers, maybe a budget of 10-20 pounds a month). This way you have some heroes AND likely have the materials tooā€¦ There are always some tilt in this (having 18 tonics and 1 ring) but hey such is the lifeā€¦

Case three: paying for summons but not spending money on materials has a huge bottleneck and frustration-generator. I used to have an alliance-mate who went this route and almost left the game becouse of this.

Case four: f2p. Decent choice! I hope that a decision to be f2p is not truly because of the lack of money (5 pounds) but other issuesā€¦ (self-restriction, age, ā€œthis is just a gameā€, etcā€¦). This also has a very annoying bottleneck: sitting on twelve darts for example can be painful especially if it continues for long :slight_smile:

So I think the best route (YMMV) is to spend a little but not too muchā€¦ Or buy a Lambo and a house for @Petri

Just kidding! :rofl:

My two pennies! (Sorry for being OT but I thought this is a good topic to share my thoughtsā€¦)

(Oh, a side-quest: what do you think ?@Kerberusz and @PlayForFun )

3 Likes

I think the F2P or C2P approach is the best.

F2P: You invest $0 on the game only your time. You most likely will not get the new fancy heroes, but you may also not encounter with the spenders issue (facing the same team in every raid like Vela, Tellura and Gravemaker in middle of last year) as you are fighting against lower level players with similar hero roasters as yours.
You can be very happy to recieve a good hero as it is much more luck based than heavy spenders.
For a heavy spender getting a hero is just a matter of money to summon the wanted hero. They can keep spending until they get what they want.

C2P: If you have strict rules (max money limit, max spending per month) what you can keep about what you allow yourself to buy, then this approach can work too.
You have a bit more chance to getting a good hero due to more available gems and coins/keys.
The risk here is that if you break you rules and overspend especially if you succeed (you get the hero what you wanted) as it can be a precedent for overspending againā€¦
If you overspend and you can not reach your goal, then it might stop you overspend again.

1 Like

Well, everyone has different motivations and expectations from the game, along with a different financial outlook and the way they play :slight_smile: Like I mentioned in my first post, even defining c2p, p2p etc in money ranges can vary widely. Thatā€™s the reason I wrote my actual spend in the opening post instead of just labelling myself as c2p or vc2p.

Perhaps that discussion as well as play strategies vis a vis budget as well as personal experience can be continued on a more relevant thread like maybe this one: F2P, C2P & P2P.... which / what to do?

There are other interesting threads as well, such as this one: How much should I spend?- HotM cost, and odds, analysis

Iā€™d like to keep this thread on topic on actual 5* summon experience please. Thank you :blush:

7 Likes

2.5 years inā€¦F2P / C2P (mostly VIP and PoV 1-6, some event gem offers) around ~300ā‚¬ total which is 10ā‚¬ per month on average

Total 44 5ā˜† heroes, 23x maxed 4.80, 7x at 3.70 , 14x at 1.1 not leveled at all

S1 : 31x (16 distinct= 4 heroes missing, 15 dupes) where 25x came from TC20, 2x from Costume chamber and 4 from different other portals. (Donā€™t remember)
S2 : 1x (Ariel)
S3 : 2x (Tyr, Ratatoskr)
Hotm: 8x (5x Bonus draw: Kingston, Telluria, Malosi, Reuben, Bertila and 3x Atlantis: Athena, Ares, Grimble)

Kingston: Atlantis coins
Telluria: Costume chamber keys
Malosi: Springvale EHT
Reuben: Valhalla coins
Bertila: Costume chamber 10-pull

Event: 1x (Guardian Owl)
Seasonal: 1x ( Victor)
Costumes: 3x (Joon, Richard, Isarnia)
Ninja: 0x
Tavern : 0x
HA10: 0x sucessfully researched it but not running it atm

So I only have 13x non S1 5ā˜† heroes and 25 out of my 31x S1 heroes were obtained by Trainingcamp lvl 20.

On average I got 1x 5ā˜† out of training camp every month and a special 5ā˜† every 2 monthsā€¦bit less even.

I needed to wait 6 months for getting my first 5ā˜† (Guardian Owl) and needed to wait 1 year and 1 month for my first bonus draw (Kingston).

10-pulls I have done:

2x Atlantis - no 5ā˜†
2x Event (Teltoc) - no 5ā˜†
2x Costume chamber - Bertila
3x Valhalla - Ratatoskr, Tyr (on 2 different 10-pulls)

3 Likes