📯 Ratatoskr – Season 3 Hero – 5* Nature/Green: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

I think it is not too bad as it is right now. Often, tiles are spread over the board and cannot all be activated in two or three turns. So, there is not the hurry to shoot them right away, just look at the countdown and ensure that tarlak, bear banner and defense down are active.

Dont have the little bugger, but he looks great for Titans/Event (for ppl that stack diamonds and color tiles before going to the boss: not great for scores but a solid help for ppl with no powerfull roster). Anything else, it looks godawful.

For attack he is a healer so charging his ult means you wont have no or few green tiles left on the board, so you will have to hold your heal while fishing for more greens (if you want to get good value). That’s a terrible plan, you are holding a heal and doing tile combination that wont cascade into green tiles so you can load your board to use the ult. The tile combination that you force for a better green board are sub-par, making it so you give some “free mana” to the enemy.

For defense, the enemy decises how many green his board will have when he fires off his ult. Also, this incentives you to use 2 blue heroes that are not a BLUE tank. Because, a blue tank has no use for this little buggers ult, tank will be long dead before he cast his Green tile dmg reduction ult. So you are making your defense weaker on purpose for the benefit of a subpar advantage that is RNG dependant+Enemy dependant.

It would be broken if he were very fast lol. One-time tile buff after you have gathered a bunch of greens to charge him up. Average feels like average in ofense and feels like slow in defense nowadays.

Too much effort required to crack his nuts now lol. It’s even worst in defense when no green heroes are used.

Does this mean: use himer on offense but not on defense?

That’s how I intend to use him.

No, it means that he benefits the attackers on Offense, and benefits the defenders on Defense.

When you’re attacking, he increases the damage done by green tiles against your enemies.

When you’re defending, he decreases the damage done by green tiles against you.

2 Likes

I think we have a difference in interpretation.

My interpretation is that when defending in raids, you’d get -57% attack when you activate your tiles.

Your interpretation is the one I like :smile:, but I’m afraid that’s not gonna happen :pensive:. :thinking:

What are you talking about?

1 Like

Defenders don’t use tiles, only attackers do.

The team attacking against Ratatoskr will have decreased damage from those green tiles.

To be clear, I’m not interpreting the text, I’m explaining how Ratatoskr worked in Beta.

8 Likes

My sixth pull since the event began and I get the squirrel, I hope my luck continues until tomorrow when I make several pulls

So the bottom line is, this guy only benefits his own team, never harms it. How good he is remains to be seen, but there is no downside to using him (as in Wu/Ranvir accuracy debuff, Chameleon’s double-edged colour swap etc). He’s all about doing good, dear little furry soul.

4 Likes

Average legendary healer with nice att down on defense. Has to be timed on offense, but at least he heals there, too. He can make deadly green mono tile rains.

Momentarily we get flooded with green tanks. :yum:

4 Likes

Oh! Well that’s different then. :slightly_smiling_face: PEACE

1 Like

Hi! I’ve got him and tested a little.

It just a healer 5* with average spreed,Nothing special .

The nature shield dmg modifier not so usefull:

• in attack is buffing only the shields on the board NOT all shield for few turns !
  • in defense I have not tried but … let s face it : why greens and not the reds one ! …totally wrong in my opinion !

So conclusion for me : a 5 * healer and … that s it.

1 Like

Sooo, you’ve tested him “a little”.
In which scenarios did you used him (titan, raid, map/quest), how many times and in which teamcombinations?

In terms of attack:
As someone already mentioned, he is probably the hero which needs the most skill/preparation/timing out of the new bunch. That said making a conclusion on his potential as an attacker after probably a few runs, is very questionable.

I agree with the red tiles on defense, would be much better. On the other side one could try to use this little fellow in front of two blues to get at least some defensive use at all?
Best changes for the defensive part, would be lower power of red tiles + effect lasts for 2-3 turns.
Due to attacking his special is good I think, if it would last for even 2 turns, it would be utterly broken in my eyes.

1 Like

Would have loved to pull him on my already good titan team (Heimdall would not make it in). Such a good fella to have if you decide to go all out with 100% mana pots, tornado, hurricane and scroll of alteration (one of the those slots would have to be titan banner so not all at once). Doubt he would make the cut in attacks where you use items rather sparingly.

I farmed with Ratatoskr and when I fired him, there were enough green shields on the board to make two more matches, one of which became a dragon bombs.

@Tunixgut

You probably right. I have not played with him too much
, especially that it is not level up.

But I would not give him an A for sure. I think his special could be better used. Is very very nische. Every time you want those shields to be boost with dmg, I ve got the feeling "no more shields on the bord " and when I saw that next ones were without buf …very desappointing

Agreed 100%! Timing is very important! in my 3-2 green-blue Team (Together with Kingston and Melendor) he’s so good! because of Kingstons Special (faster mana for green Hero’s) it’s so lit