Rare Titans, Emblems, And Mercing

I’ve got Emblems mercing rares multiple times. I joined after the Titan had already spawned in each occurrence. Hasn’t occurred when I get a reduced loot tier though.

1 Like

I would consider a merc is one that receives reduced loot and not ones stay for the long haul.

My 2cents

1 Like

@Elpis

You have knowledge to share?

i think there are 2 types of mercing. Temporarily leaving your alliance (a few hours) to help kill an extra Titan while still maintaining to kill your own alliances Titan. This gets reduced tier loot and seems to be handled well.

Then there’s full on mercing. You don’t have any main alliance that you stay in to help kill its Titan and you’re changing your alliance daily to help kill rare Titans to get better loot. I don’t think this results in reduced tier loot. ← Speculation

1 Like

I actually stopped mercing for titans before the whole emblem system take place, so i really can’t help this time.

It suppose not, but i know from experience that the “reduced loot” sometimes failed to take place when i merc before. (If i killed something like 3 or 4 titans a day, usually 1 was with “normal” loot)
I tried different things to understand what’s the cause of that, but if i remember correctly it was something like the first or second of the day that not have the “reduced loot”.

So if your first or second titan kill of the day is a rare (and if they not fixing it in later versions) i think it could be possible, but i’m not sure.

1 Like

20 hour time limit on nerfed loot is the loophole then?

I don’t think so as i get the “normal” loot even killing at titan 5 minutes after another
At first i thought that if you kill the same kind of titan twice (let’s say a dark 4* both times) the game go crazy and give you normal, but it was not.

Let’s say you merc only for rare titans, i suppose 1 a day can give you “normal” rewards.
But mercing that kind of titans is not that easy. Maybe a group chat for rare?

Are you talking about how many titans you hit or how many times you collect loot?

I believe you can hit as many titans as you want and get normal loot

But once you collect normal loot then any loot collect for 20 hours after that is nerfed

I may be wrong tho and actually after re reading, sounds different from what you experienced anyways

Rares pop up in global and line, but there are no “exclusively rare titan” line merc groups that i know of

1 Like

20 hrs nerf normal loot to normal loot, any other titans killed in that period will be reduced loot but won’t alter the 20hr timer

I say thats how it is suppose to happen, and that’s what it normally happens always EXCEPT one titan a day.
For one titan, even if you kill 2 back to back the second HAS NOT the loot reduced. It is some kind of error.

As a merc i never waited the 20 hrs timelaps to get the normal loot, i always kill before. So i suppose to always have reduced loot.

Now i tell you that’s not the case.
Once a day my loot was normal, even if suppose to not.

When you kill a titan with normal loot a 20 hour timer starts. In this 20hours you can kill as many titans as you want and get reduced loot for every titan. Exactly after the 20hour runs out you get full loot on the next titan that dies.

So basically you can kill on average more than 1 rare a day with full loot and collect on average ~10 emblems a day. Mercing is pretty lucrative for emblems but it needs also lot of time, organisation and connections.

1 Like

Maybe this will be useful to this conversation. I was a merc and I joined the alliance after the rare titan had spawned but it had been longer than 20 hours since I received titan loot.

5 Likes