Rare titan bonus prize – how does the chance for the extra loot work? Who gets the extra item?

Yes, people have reported getting the bonus mat on an escape. My guess is that the already low odds are even lower, but our sample size is so small that we can’t be sure.

3 Likes

Cool, thanks for the information.

I understand that anyone who hits a rare titan has a chance at the bonus item. I have not seen anywhere that someone has said what the % is for sure and I am not concerned about that.
My question is do loot tiers help to improve your chances of getting the bonus item? SO if you get Tier 11 are your chances better than Tier 9?

I am hoping with all the data collection on the forum someone may know the answer.

I am tagging smart people I can think of, feel free to tag other smart people.

@Kerridoc @Rook @Razor

@mattp169 I moved your post to an existing thread where it’s been discussed whether the Titan loot tier increases bonus item drop rates.

In short, we don’t know, but it could probably be tested with sufficient data:

2 Likes

Thanks @zephyr1 didnt find this one in my search.

1 Like

According to the Devs the chance of success for the special roll is tied to the titans stars. They do not mention performance.

* Rare Titans have a bonus chance for dropping a specific 4-star ascension material. The bonus chance is affected by how many stars the Rare Titan has. ( Linky, linky)

But it might be 0.01% jumps to 0.02%

3 Likes

Technically how many stars the Rare Titan has would also affect possible Loot Tiers for that Titan.

So the mention of stars is a useful insight, but given how vague the Release Notes tend to be, I’m not sure that the lack of mention of performance/Loot Tiers tells us a lot.

I considered this.

But C and D score are possible on escaped titans. Loot tier I sucks. Investigating this would be a pain in the rump to deliberately get loot tier I.

Personally my alliance defeats rare titans for the emblem drops. The +1 loot tier and 4* ascension item roll seldom give us anything. Last time I got 2x non farmable ascension items on one Titan was Loot Tier 7.

4 Likes

In my experience, the person who gets the item is the one who doesn’t need it. The one who really desperately needs just 1 more of that item to ascend X hero will spend 6 months fruitlessly farming every chest and titan and pulling their hair out until they break down and spend $99.99 on a bundle pack just for that one single item.

2 Likes

@Kerridoc, pls check thus. I believe the rare titan gives each player a roll at the end. This is like an HotM. Also, this is true for escaped rare titans, as well.

That’s correct, @Bud. For completeness, a rare titan:

1. Gives a bonus tier level (e.g. getting a C performance on a 10*nrare titan awards loot tier XI instead of Loot Tier X). This tier bump improves your loot independent of the next two items
  2. A separate roll for the bonus 4* item
  3. A slot for emblems; guaranteed but variable in quantity
3 Likes

Just to make sure Kerridoc, regarding regular Titans, you believe lets say on a 9 star Titan, Tier 9 compared to Tier 11, while each get 3 rolls for ascension mats, you believe higher Tier have higher chance of getting rare ascension materials?

Many thanks in advance

Correct. Based on my experience getting Loot Tier XII-XIII and loot tier IX-X on my main and alt accounts, respectively, on most titans, I’m confident that more, better rare mats are dropping at the higher tiers than at the lower tiers, despite the fact that all these tiers have 3 ascension mat slots.

1 Like

Awesome much much appreciated @Kerridoc

Don’t you mean the usual number is 0.

No, across all 30 members in my alliance, someone usually gets the bonus loot off our 12* rares. YMMV

2 Likes

12/15 titans killed in a row, Not even one item!!! some food and stones only. 2 titans chests done, just one 3* item. This game turned really bad!!! Them bastards just taking laugh of players!!!

I got them a few times…chances are low. But it increases with titan level and dealt damage. 11* and 12* are totally on a different league.

I once got 2 tonics from a rare 11*

3 Likes

This was a rare 12*

1 Like

Just to confirm since this is a point of contention I’m my alliance atm.

The benefit of having everyone go for B tier on rare 12* titans is so everyone can get to tier 14 and the extra ascension slot, not because it will give everyone an extra special chance of the bonus loot if everyone makes B.

Such as if a few people score less and are tier C it doesnt affect anyone else’s chance of the bonus item. The players odds are based on their tier, and not on other peoples.

3 Likes