RARE Quests - Reference Thread - Check spreadsheet for more details

Hi all,

*This is LEN1N78’s sheet, all rights and thanks to him @LEN1N78

Trawling through the forums I did manage to find the sequential list of how the rare quests spawn:

1. Farholme
  2. Shiloh
  3. Morlovia
  4. Farholme
  5. Mount Umber
  6. Shrikewood
  7. Frostmarch

When is the next one comming up and which one would that be?

What is the gap between these rare quests? … in days? (3-4 days?)

Anyone that can maybe give us a look into the next month or two and Quest spawn dates.

Desperately need some stuff … compass/cape … my precious!

Below also the items up for grabs:
Thanks and credit to @ObjetivoRI:

Sequential loot track: (Aug '17 to Dec '17)

Frostmarch [Warm Cape and Farsight Telescope]
Farholme Pass [Fine Gloves and Tome of Tactics]
Shiloh Desert [Orb of Magic and Poison Darts]
Morlovia [ Trap Tools and Royal Tabbard]
Farholme Pass [Compass and Damascus Blade]
Mount Umber [Hidden Blade and Mystic Rings]
Shrikewood [Sturdy Shield and Mysterious Tonic]
Morlovia [Trap Tools and Royal Tabbard]
Mount Umber [Hidden Blade and Mystic Rings]
Shrikewood [Sturdy Shield and Mysterious Tonic]
Farholme Pass [Fine Gloves and Tome of Tactics
Farholme Pass [Compass and Damascus Blade]

36 Likes

We had rare quests on March 1 and March 11. Frostmarch will be coming soon—the Gems II quest usually presages arrival of a rare quest.

8 Likes

Okay awesome!

I did see a track of all quests but for the life of me cant find it. Want to also add this in the op so that it forms one post to reference … just dont know where that is …

Reason, you see a quest and with one look know exactly when the Rare quest is coming and how many normal quests lies betwee your current and the Rare.

It is a random roll unfortunately rather than a set timer. The design goal was once per week according to a prior developer statement (you’d have to search for the thread that occurred around the first event where there was a bug that prevented rare quests from spawning entirely) but it may have changed and random is as random does.

2 Likes

Looking back in the August to Dec period there were quests (Very Random, some as short as 3 days others much longer, which is why I was uncertain).
Aug/30, Sep/03, Sep/07, Sep/13, Sep/25, Oct/10, Oct/28, Oct/31, Nov/05, Nov/08, Nov/12, Nov/25, Dec/04, Dec/10, Dec/16, Dec/20, Dec/23, Dec/27, Dec/31

The old “loots ana stats” google.doc has rundown of quests from exp to monsters to loot.

I think that was a Mai document. There have been a couple of quests added, I think.

Maybe a wizard or moderator has the location for this

Mai’s data is here: E&P – Loots and Stats - Google Sheets

Not sure how it’s germane to this topic but it is always useful heh.

2 Likes

Rev, the doc has campaign first, but quest second. It specified loot, so thought it fit.

Thx for the link.

1 Like

Just comparing to the Quest - the loot has changed quite a bit since.

1 Like

First
Thanks. I never even noticed the tabs for quests and titans

Second
To all,

It appears the current quest, Frostmarch, has changed

2570 increased to 2780 Recommended Might
Arcane scripts & wooden shield swapped to warm cape & grimoire dust

3150 decreased to 2950 Recommended Might
Warm cape ( 3150 decreased to 2780 RM ) & compass ( 3150 RM ) swapped to telescope ( 2950 RM ) & Orichalcum Nugget

Making stages 4 harder & 5 easier, making the warm cape easier to get, and swapping the compass for a telescope.

I came to say what Kerridoc already said. These last 3 rare quests have been 10 days apart. I noticed this when I started tracking my loot. I always thought it was random and it still could be coincidental.

People always begged for a set schedule, so I won’t be surprised if that’s the case now. Time will tell.

1 Like

Frostmarch has had a telescope for a very long time. Not sure what old data you’re looking at.

1 Like

Row 95 & 96 of the document you linked.

folks, Mai’s data sheets haven’t been updated in a very long time. They are “take with a grain of salt” at this point.

4 Likes

You will actually see some variation in the spawn difficulty; it changed awfully often back in the day and I believe it is somewhat random rather than fixed.

Could be mistaken it isn’t something I’ve tracked at all lately.

2 Likes

I was revisiting this thread and noticed a discrepancy (I could be wrong) in your first post. 4th Farholme down (after Morlovia) you list it as:

The pattern (except this one) seems to suggest Morlovia is proceeded with the Farholme that gives Compass and Damascus Blade.

Notice we have Gems II quest now? I wonder if this is the one to presage the Rare Quest or if we won’t see it for another 3 days (according to the 10 day theory).

1 Like

Mmm wondered myself we will soon find out.

If there is a descrepency … sorry … was copy and paste from an existing list … can be wrong.

Just for some dates here are the dates of the rare quests. Note these are the days I got the loot (that’s what I track), so the quest drop date might be the day before on some of them if they hit at night. Note the regular 10 day schedule. So we’re looking at 3 rare quests a month, barring any weird date anomalies (like march where one dropped on 3/1 and ended with 3/31).

I’ll keep this post updated throughout the year. If anyone has the dates from January and February, please post and I’ll update this post with all of that as well.

thanks!

16 Likes

Thanks Dante, I also only recently started thinking about these things would be sweet to have a year track