RARE Quests - Reference Thread - Check spreadsheet for more details

Guess people are less inclined to want to know about current rare quests from forums than the Recruits 2 tokens, so I guess the topic has remained un-updated. So Shrikewood for 12/25-12/26, and before that was Mt. Umber.

I suppose people are just as easily going to load up the game and find the rare quests in the dockets than coming to the forum first, unless you are one of those players that do come to forums first before the game.

Do we know what special events, rare events, quests or challenges are planned for January 2019?

When I put together the Challenge Event page on the wiki, I figured out Pirates of Corellia is coming.

Also, since we just had Shrikewood, the next Rare Quest will be Frostmarch (warm cape + telescope).

The next Seasonal Event won’t hit until Easter.

4 Likes

Yes !! I Need this cape. :smile:

Frostmarch is up!!!

3 Likes

Thanks! I updated the post title, seems like OP hasn’t been doing that the last few rounds.

Also useful:

5 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Can My Team Finish Farholme Pass?

24 days later from Farholme Pass which I just eeked by, I had a better team for Frostmarch.

While not easy, I was able to get it done in one try for each stage! Progress! :+1:

Gimme more scopes and capes! :star_struck:

5 Likes

Forgive the plug, but I feel compelled to share:

The (relatively new) wiki has been updated to incorporate each of @Mariamne’s excellent graphics for the rare quests. Most of the information that you could desire regarding these rare quests should be found on the quest page. :slight_smile:

Here’s this week’s: Frostmarch

2 Likes

Thanks bud … yeah I have never done that actually.

1 Like

No problem, someone else must have done it at some point then, since it had dates/info from a few Rare Quests ago.

Yeah about 3 quests ago.

1 Like

@eries and @zephyr1
I was the guilty party who did it (title changer), but now as I haven’t posted in a while since traveling, my forum status (no longer regular) does not allow me to do that any more.

I was doing that in hopes it raises awareness of the currently active rare quests in the same way that the recruits 2 posts let’s folks know about whether there is a token in the end or not. Then realized that the nature of these might be a different (e.g. most players check their games first and they do respond to rare quests any way).

I guess whether this title changing is to be continued or not really is need for it or if people do come forum first and find it useful to glance at it to realize an active rare quest is in their docket.

1 Like

Yeah, I think this is different, since people see Recruits 2 is up and then check the forum to see if there’s a token. I don’t think it’s as common that someone becomes aware of the Rare Quest being posted based on seeing it on the forum.

And if someone does come to the forum after a Rare Quest is up, my guess is more often they’re looking for @Mariamne’s post with the stage and boss guidance images.

Since you’re no longer a Regular, @Eries didn’t plan for changing the title regularly, and I don’t want to guarantee I’ll do it every time, I’m going to change it to not have the quest specific info so it’s evergreen.

3 Likes

There is a calendar a mere click away … so people can quickly see what is up anyway

1 Like

The last rare quest was on 03 january… Already 10 days have passed since then… Usually the distance between quests is of 9 days… This is strange… :thinking:

I think it will come later today

2 Likes

Gems II is often a precursor to a new rare quest dropping, and it’s up and ending in a few hours. The last 4 or so rare quests also dropped faster than average, so even with this one taking longer I think the pacing still averages out.

2 Likes

There’s a block on rare quests happening at the same time as a challenge event, so if there’s a rare quest due about when the event is running, it usually is the first or second new quest after the event ends.

3 Likes

They don’t run rare quests when monthly challenge events are going. I was hoping it would come before and not get pushed, but no such luck.

2 Likes