Rare Question - Red Ascension

Stack for tile damage only, not SS, reference Do Elemental Defense Debuffs and Regular Defense Debuffs Stack? Why use them together? For instance, Grimm, Tiburtus, Gormek, Buddy or Wilbur with Guardian Jackal, Falcon, Panther, Arthur, Frida, Nordri, or Evelyn. [MASTER] - #44 by robin102 . In this case, the SS damage calculation only take elemental debuff into account

1 Like

Hmm…

If this hero is going to be second or third string, I think that gives you some wiggle room. Why not think outside of war and max someone like azlar who could be devastating in the no heal or very fast raidT?

Still sticking with marj as my choice btw. Lol.

1 Like

That was sorta one thing I was tossing up…

Red hood for some extra healer fun or Azlar for challenge events/ tournaments…

1 Like

I voted Grazul #2 on the basis that you’re talking about added raid (war?) bench depth in a post further down the list… May not be a popular view, but good 5* healers can be worth their weight in gold.

In practice… I’d do Anzogh myself.
Stack up Wilbur, BK and Anzogh - fire BK and Wilbur, wait two turns and fire Anz and even if the fight isn’t over, it’ll be unassailably in your favour.
I run something very similar with G.Kong on a regular basis and it’s both fun and powerful.

2 Likes

I have a red hood maxed (although no emblems granted to her) and find her not such outstanding. damage is mediocre, healing useful when multiple minions are up which usually is not happening in raids. i use her for farming and events/trials, and in the later teams in war attack. Marjana probably more versatile… however, with the depth of your roster, you are probably not looking for versatility anymore… that being said, probably anzogh I would chose, when sufficient snipers in your roster, otherwise marjana.

2 Likes

Goo with Anzogh, with buff from BK and Wilbur and some talentes he will hit very well and you will see very good healing with this combo.

2 Likes

Hmm as nice as it might be, there is unlikely to ever be BK pairing up with Anzogh… As I said, it’s for later war depth rather than a primary hero/ team

Marjana, fast sniper good for everywhere or second Grazul, very useful against almost everyone for war can be completed with anyone.

1 Like

Hmmm I voted Marjana but now I’m thinking Anzogh.

A mono red team with BT, Wilbur, Falcon, Anzogh and GM/Elena would be pretty devastating. My mono red in war is BT, Wilbur, GM, Anzogh, RH and you can one shot the entire enemy team sometimes.

Marjana and GM don’t play super well. But I guess she makes a good off color pairing with someone else.

1 Like

Do you have Jean-Francois, @Guvnor? Can you imagine the crapshow beating your mono Red team would be with 94% defense against Ice for all allies for 4 turns? And as fast as JF gains mana, it’s pretty much for the whole match. It would be very difficult to try to color-stack against that!

1 Like

I do not own JF in my live account.

Nor am I likely to, as I said in the OP, as I have severely cut my spending on the game & only plan on doing pulls when Vivica Costume is next available as the “Featured Costume”.

1 Like

Alright bumping this thread a little.

Just got my 6th set of rings thanks to a Monster Chest.

I’m ruling Anzogh out as all the suggestions have been to run him with Wilbur and Falcon etc… A role which is currently being achieved usually by Elena. Also if I wanted a hero who got bigggggg damage in combination with a debuffer I would lean more towards Azlar who picks up extra benefit in Rush Attack Tournaments

All other options remain on the table.

Hi @Guvnor ,m aybe you want to rethink doing Anzogh and the following teams?

• Boldstuck + Elena (maybe + BK as you get the full benefit of riposte)
  • Zimkitha + Wilbur + Anzogh (Wilbur does not allow you to get the full riposte effect. By using Zim with this team you also get ATT+ and both teams get a “healer” with anzogh above).
    From what I have read, Anzogh seem a good “counter” to telluria so that may play a role too.
    Otherwise Azlar and Marjana are also good options. I would lean towards Marjana but if you have enough snipers azlar is actually very good in rush tournaments!

Thread update!

1. I got freaky lucky and got JF off a coin summon in Atlantis (think I wanted Delilah… I failed).

2. I ended up ascending Red Hood. She’s now well on her way to being maxed.

1. I just pulled my 6th ring from the raid chest this morning… So I have updated the OP with a NEW poll requesting a double check on who gets these rings.

Tough choice but I’d go Marjana. I have her and JF maxed and find myself using her more still. The missing direct damage is such a pain at times to work around. His defense buffs are nice but a lil niche. She’s just more consistent and usable for me personally.

2 Likes

I’d go a 2nd Grazul to help with the never ending army of Tel tanks coming to wars soon

1 Like

I should add in that I also have Killhare and will be maxing her as soon as I’m done with Cheshire Cat.

The JF & Killhare combo is something that could be fun to exploit… But Grazul would also do the same thing… :S

1 Like

Question - do you still use Elena for anything?

All the time :slight_smile: since this post I also have her costume now maxed too.
Use her in every war. All green titans and also she’s a staple on my 3x red raiding team (for all non-telly green tanks).

Her synergy with BK is amazing!

Do you ever use her without BK? :slightly_smiling_face:

Trying to decide if she’s worth levelling