Rare blessing comparison

What do ppl prefer: 15% damage reduction or stacking 5% defense?

• 15% damage reduction
  • Stack +5% defense

0 voters

1 Like

I’m sure there is some math wizard in the forum who can breakdown the math :sweat_smile::smile:

Which is better 50% defense or 15% damage reduction

1 Like

Does the damage reduction applies to DoT as well?

1 Like

I’m not sure how the maths works or whether DOT is reduced (good point) but what I do know is that the first few matches of the opening board are the most critical period where my heroes are the most vulnerable.

So I’d rather take the -15% damage reduction from the outset than the one where 5% is given per turn (although I do like the latter too…)

Not saying this is the correct approach but it’s just how my mind works!

1 Like

It is more important to have damage reduction and health over defence especially in ninja tower. Back then cobalt was in almost every hard stage and he bypasses defence, rendering your D stacks useless. Damage reduction also helps against stage poison

2 Likes

I second this, this is often when I carelessly lose a hero due to slash attacks, because I haven’t charged my specials yet, summoned minions yet, or otherwise buffed my heroes yet :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

All great points thank you!

So does damage reduction apply to DoT or just the stage poison?

Damage reduction applies to all damage done to you

1 Like

Both are good :slight_smile:

I think I picked 1 of each.

As has been mentioned:
Damage reduction works right away and ise therefore better if slash attacks from the first waves are killing you.
The stacks I believe have more power when maxed out, so would help more if you have trouble with the bosses killing you.

At least that is how I think when I have to pick.