Ranvir – New June 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): First Thoughts & Discussion

Dang that’s amazing luck GameOver! I’d hang onto them as they can be useful eventually at 3 70 in wars and you might be able to trade them in for a chance at another Hotm when the hero academy finally gets added

25 pulls get Tarlak and 5 HOTM?!? Go buy a lottery ticket ASAP, that’s some insane luck

Spent the last gems doing 10 pulls on the very last minute of Atlantis. Mostly dupes except Sumitomo. Ranvir never turn up. Tough luck…sigh!

1 Like

■■■■ man!! Sorry to hear that. If it’s any consolation, I’m still Wilbur and Proteus…less.

1 Like

About 9 hours left before Seshat appears :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hope you get him another time

2 Likes

I am fine with it. Had turn into half f2p anyway.
Life had been much more fun since I cut down more than half of my E&P time…yay!

2 Likes

Well I guess it is lucky, but I had my eyes set on Proteus who I wanted badly but didn’t get. I did manage to get another 2 Wilburs making that 6 in the last two Atlantis. I have done approx 30 pulls on each of the previous 2 Atlantis. Poseidon on my first month. 4 Wilburs last month. And now Tarlak and too many Ranvirs + 2 more Wilburs. I pulled less this Atlantis because I want to do a 10 pull in sand event and hope for july hotm but I have to stay within budget

1 Like

This is a little off topic, but curious why your alliance uses specifically yellow tanks?

War strategy. If your whole alliance has same color tanks eventually the enemies run out of “strong” colors to stack against tank. Yellow tanks the opponent would have to have a lot of purple heroes to use six war flags. Some guilds do Blue red or purple not many try green.

2 Likes

Interesting stategy. Thanks for letting me know !

I’m with you @AliceCooper, c2p for me. I usually only spend on special deals and really only make pulls on Atlantis…special events if I have extra gems.

1 Like

I think overall ranvir has better utility over tarlak
I have faced both in raids , tarlak cause no issue , but ranvir due to being fast and hits has caused me endless pain and losses,
With both maxed ranvir is better overall imo

5 Likes

If the opponents is using purple tanks to counter the yellow tanks. Both side will eventually run out of the 2 elements due to stacking against each other.
Ones with deep bench will have a clear advantage.
I usually stack other color of higher attack stat to counter the more threatening hero of the opponent. Ie ; if the opponent’s is using a Horghall tank and a Gravemaker flank, I will stack blue instead of red. So far, the result has been fantastic.

that makes sense since tarlak doesn’t buff specials. if he did… man.

but i think we will see less and less ranvirs in defences, for now he’s still exciting and new.

but i do wonder how they function on offense. that is where my main interest lie. i got ranvir although i hoped for tarlak for a very long time. i’m quite happy, he seems cool for now. i’m actually trying to adjust my expectations though since it will be some time before i can use him properly and i will never have tarlak to compare him to :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought ranvir couldn’t miss on titans because the titan always has higher health so he would be a beast on titans right?

His accuracy reduction and attack buff come together — so they’ll both pretty much always apply against Titans due to the higher HP.

Since that means the accuracy debuff will always apply too, yes, he can miss/cause misses on Titans.

1 Like

Oh ok so actually he can miss more than wukong great to hear lol! Thanks for the info perhaps I wont work on him then!

He’s better than Wu. Misses only 3% more but gives better attack buff, has better stats so will be more viable, and fast mana means you can charge him more frequently.
I wouldn’t use him in raids but he definitely replaces Wu in my titan team.

5 Likes

Yes, his miss rate is a little higher than Wu Kong’s, but for Titans he has the benefits of being Fast vs. Average, having sturdier stats, and offering increased survival against purple Titans in particular.

For more general usage he also has the benefit of sniping, and having resistance to Poison.

1 Like

Cookie Settings