Ranvir – New June 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): First Thoughts & Discussion

For those who have Tarlak, he is not needed.

He is definitely better than Wu and can help you survive better on higher level titans.

On raids, he is just meh. Wu is better in that sense that Wu does not rely on the HP of the opponent.

Low direct hit / fast mana / against dark - he is ok if you don’t other yellow 5*

But you do get to save Monk emblems for someone else if you were building a sturdier Wu! It’s a balance…

3 Likes

I may have overlooked this in the comments, but does anyone know why they change Ranvir to negative 56% accuracy? I

It starts out there and goes down as his skill levels up

3 Likes

A bit late to the party, but I only pulled him on the Atlantis few days ago. Since Tarlak showed me no love (and I wouldn’t have potions to level him up anyway), this weirdo will replace mr Annoying Monkey on my titan squad.

*** Will he make you main team?**

My team as in the Titan Team, yes. While overall he has potential to be even more annoying than monkey, he will be more durable (WK is usually a 1-hit meal for 11* titan) and faster. Especially can’t wait to use him against purple, with his elemental link.

*** Will you use him on Defense? Offense? Quests/Events? Titans?**

He’ll be my 2nd maxed yellow 5 star, he’ll likely see some wars, but because his buff is HP dependent I don’t expect him to be game-changer. I’ll test him out against purple tanks in Vivica - Jackal - Ranvir trio and see how it turns out. He’ll make it to the Druid quests and maybe the Halloween season ladder & Pirate event against purples.

Anyone tried tanking with the guy? My alliance runs yellow tanks for war, and my only option now is Vivica who is slow and squishy. Ranvir will be my only alternative. Any experiences? My other heroes I use for war defense are Zimkitha - Kunchen - Magni - Zeline.

*** Will you give Ranvir Druid emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?**

Zimkitha takes them and her use for me is far more critical. Which path I would go? As for other utility heroes, he needs to survive enough to fire off. But him being fast makes it rather easy task. I’d probably skip defense and go attack / HP. Thorn minion would compensate for little more survivability. But again… that’s only when Zimkitha is maxed so still 1000 emblems away.

*** What do you think of his special?**

• it is fast - great advantage over Wu. For titans I prefer to save the mana pots for healer or elemental debuff. With this, the timing control will be easier
  • More attack buff than Wu’s
  • A bit more miss chance but I don’t think that will be visible
  • I dislike the HP dependency. Of course that won’t matter for titans, but he’ll be just Jackal tier sniper in any PVP use most of the time. It could be that the HP difference affects the accuracy debuff only and I think I’d use it more. I didn’t use the guy yet, he’s only on 2nd ascension at the moment, but I feel it will make me scratch my head more than once.

*** What do you think of his character design?**

I like that they add diversity while contributing to the overall ‘darker’ look of the game. Was surprised to see him being centaur, but it’s a nice tweak.

7 Likes

My mistake, I must have confused it with the element link refresh or what. I checked again and you’re right.

1 Like

■■■■■■■ summon Atlantis
0 hero 5in 21 summon coin atlantis
0 hero 5
in 9 summon coin hero epic
0 troops in 19 summon of troop
0 hero 5* in 6000 gems in Atlantis.
Ty for nothing empires. Money money and 0 ■■■■■■■ heros 5*.

@grzechol Since each hero is equipped with a troop. When you make a connection of 3, some combination of troops will shoot each connected to their respective hero since no single troop can be connected to 2 heroes each troop has 35% chance to miss. The important part here is that attack isn’t tieed to the hero the amount of damage troop will deal is dependent of the TOTAL att of respective color vs the def of the hero that is hit

2 Likes

Thank you so much.
Wanted Tarlak, got Ranvir. Can’t complain :slight_smile:

1 Like

so, for the people that’ve been using both or have ranvir maxed, how does ranvir compare to tarlak in practice?

i’ve seen the charts with predicted percentages (ranvir lands at about 94% buff compared to tarlak’s 100%, if i interpreted it correctly). obviously most if not all of us would prefer the reliability of tarlak, but do you think ranvir is a worthy consolation prize? somebody on par? better even? or suboptimal but you take what you have?

Ranvir would be in my team when fighting Dark titans, Dragon Rooster and Riddles of Wonderland.

For PvP I think he will be easier to use than Tarlak and he could even made into my defending team.

3 Likes

so whenever you can’t use tarlak. do you find him a worthy replacement?

Definitely. And he will be one of the must loved hero for the ones who doesn’t like stack colors in raids as he could kick in pretty early with his huge attack buff.

3 Likes

@AliceCooper, did you ever get lucky and pull Ranvir?? I certainly hope you reply with a yes!!

Anyone have his stats at 2^60? He’s not a priority for my orbs right now, but I’m trying to decide if I could use him in class trials.

1 Like

Is he worth if I already have Tarlak ?

2^60 with 4/8 special skill. Very useful imo but then again my roster is super thin (he’s my only 5*).

2 Likes

It’s a good start. He’s your titan guy and that’s the best way to get loot. Build around that with a combo of good 4* and 5* when you acquire them

1 Like

Thanks. :+1: Those stats would hold up better than Melia 3^50 in my Trials of Nature team and comparably with Hawkmoon +20 on my Trials of Fortitude team (although Hawkmoon being a healer is nice). Probably worth taking to 2^60.

2 Likes

After 2 10 pulls, 2 single pulls in Atlantis and 3 EHTs I got Tarlak and 5 Ranvirs. My only yellow 5s are Poseidon who is on his way at 3 51 and Leo at 1 1. I have 13 darts but only 2 tomes. So I’m definitely sitting all those Ranvirs on the bench while I finish Poseidon and work on Tarlak. My only other green 5 is Kaliden at 2 30 but I do have a maxed Wu. Just wish I could trade some of these Ranvirs :roll_eyes:

1 Like